Last Updated on January 18, 2023
The article below brings you one of the best information around Western Sydney University Sydney Campus Ib RequiremenT, Western Sydney University Rankings,Western Sydney University Campus, Western Sydney University Admission Process, Western Sydney University programs, Western Sydney University overview, Western Sydney University placement, Western Sydney University International Scholarships, Western Sydney University notable alumni on infolearners
Western Sydney University Sydney Campus Ib Requirement
Average Academic Score
Average Entrance Score
*Above scores are the average score which Universities have accepted students in the past. Future score requirements could be very different and successful admission depends on many other factors besides the entrance / academic score. Contact our consultants for further assistance.
Student Faculty Ratio
Student data of universities globally* All cost are in AUD
Western Sydney University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Western Sydney University was established in 1988 under the Western Sydney Act of 1988 that was passed by the New South Wales Parliament. It is located in Penrith and has a total number of 10 campuses. It is globally recognized due to its research and smart teaching facilities and counted among the top public universities in Australia.
Western Sydney offers diploma, undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees with the availability of 13 schools. The schools having the most enrollments are School of Business, School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics; School of Education, School of Law, School of Communication and Arts, School of Medicine and Science. The University has a total number of 32,259 enrollments out of which 17% are International Students. The university has a student-faculty ratio of 35:1.
Western Sydney University Rankings
- WSU has been ranked among the top 2% universities in the world while it is also running on 11th positing as the top university with impact (According to Times Higher Education).
- The National ranking of WSU is 18 whereas it also stands on 25th position in terms of Regional research reputation. (Data by US News)
- As per Times Higher Education, it ranks 251–300th in terms of World University Rankings 2020, 3rd in impact ranking and in 58th position in terms of young university rankings (2019).
- The university managed to secure 1st position for the global outlook and academic excellence.
- On November 22, 2019, All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) signed up MoU with Western Sydney University to Promote Ayurveda and research on the principles of medicine.
|Student Ratio (Female to Male)||55:45|
|Graduate Employability Rate||82.6%|
|No. of Courses||440+|
|International Student Percentage||17%|
|Cost of Attendance||39,740 AUD – 79,480 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Online via Website/Recommendation|
|Intake Session||Fall, Autumn, and Spring|
|Mode of Program||Full time and Part-time|
Western Sydney University Programs
- Some of the top 100 globally ranked subjects (QS Rankings) offered at Western Sydney University are Civil Engineering, Business, Nursing, Agricultural Sciences, Ecology, Sociology, Education, Tourism, etc.
- The minimum GPA required for any program is 4 out of 7 Scale.
- It is additionally required to write a TOEFL or IELTS paper for admission at Western Sydney University.
- Western Sydney offers over 400 bachelor and master degree programs across 16 different subject areas.
- Additionally, the university offers a wide range of pathway programs that are tailored to provide entry into interdisciplinary programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Top programs at Western Sydney University
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|Master Data Science||$21,500|
|Bachelor Data Science||$21,343|
Western Sydney University Campus
- Western Sydney University has 10 campuses and 13 schools in cities of Parramatta, Bankstown, Hawkesbury, Lithgow, Nirimba, Sydney City, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Parramatta South, Penrith, and Sydney Olympic Park.
- The campuses provide basic facilities of library, IT support, labs, food hubs, health centre, faith centres and much more.
- The university has over 270 clubs and organisations conducting various student activities within the campus and help in the overall development of students.
- Interestingly, Western Sydney has a dedicated team of ‘Campus Life Officers’ who work consistently towards organising events and activities for students to keep them engaged.
- Students are offered with excellent opportunities to engage themselves in all kinds of sports activities starting from social lunchtime Quidditch or dodgeball, via different sports clubs.
- There are a total of six libraries across different campuses comprising a study hall that remains open for 24 hours and provides a congenial environment for peaceful study.
- The libraries are equipped with 70+ million digital resources and 700,000 e-books that can be downloaded anytime.
- The campus life officers organise ‘Out & About trip’ every month which includes bushwalk and adventurous activities within the campus and outside.
Western Sydney University Residence
- Western Sydney University offers on-campus accommodation to its students and provides suggestions for off-campus accommodation options too.
- The university offers a wide range of on-campus accommodation, with a balanced living and learning environment.
- Students can choose between a variety of accommodation options such as a studio, apartment, villa or townhouse.
- The accommodation options vary from campus to campus and the cost of on-campus
- accommodation depends on the location and the type of room you choose.
- Students can enjoy the following facilities while staying on-campus:
- student lounge with communal kitchen
- TV lounge
- computer and study rooms
- BBQ area
- free internet
- access to exclusive ResLife program
- The cost of rooms starts from 160 to 320 AUD per week. While the accommodation is also available as Homestays with Australian families.
- Meal plans are not included but will be provided with an extra cost of 150 AUD for 12 meals in a week.
Western Sydney University Admission Process
Admissions at Western Sydney University are very competitive and primarily based on academic merit. International Students must meet with the minimum academic eligibility discussed below. Students from India should have a minimum of 70% marks in the four core subjects opted for in 12th standard. Masters degree applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree equivalent to an Australian degree.
Students applying for admission to Western Sydney University need to take care of the following requirements before making an application:
|Common Document Requirements||Academic transcripts, award certificates, supplementary documents information (if required) along with degree/diploma- (for PG admissions|
|Supporting Documents||Personal identification document (e.g. passport), portfolio (required for particular courses), and visa details|
|Application Fee||No fee|
|Deadlines||Semester 1 – February; Semester 2- July|
|Application Submission||Online or via Agent|
|Helpline or Email||[email protected] ; + 61-29852 5499|
- All applications sent must be either via self-interest on the official website or via the recommendation of any agent.
- The admission is broadly accepted in 2 sessions; Fall and Autumn, however in a few programs, Spring intakes also take place. It is best to contact the advisory for adequate information.
- Research students:
- Research proposal/research topic
- Referee Reports if any required
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
Staying in Australia as an International Student can be a tough task in the beginning. Living Expenses per year can vary from 19,713 AUD – 24,878 AUD. With an additional tuition fee, the cost can be hiked up to 39,801 AUD to 40,796 AUD. If dependents(family members) accompany, then the cost can increase accordingly.
|Basic Expenses||Estimated cost per year|
|Tuition Fee||27,662 AUD (Approx)|
|Basic Supplies (Books, Meals, Groceries, Transport)||10,038 AUD|
The tuition fee of the popular programs offered at Western Sydney University are tabulated below:
|Department Name||Tuition Fee (average per year)|
|Medicine||29,213 – 60,456 AUD|
|Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics||27,820 – 29,809 AUD|
|Science and Health||24,158 – 29,213 AUD|
|Humanities and Communication Arts||23,680– 25,352 AUD|
|Nursing and Midwifery||27,500 – 34,376 AUD|
|Social Sciences and Psychology||23,714 – 27,089 AUD|
Western Sydney University International Scholarships
Western Sydney University offers around 32 scholarships, ranging from 5,019 AUD to 9,893 AUD. Scholarships offered to international students, are for both graduate and undergraduate degree courses.
A Few of the Popular Scholarships offered to international students by the university are mentioned below:
|Name of Scholarship||Value||Eligibility|
|Western Sydney International Scholarship (UG)||7,565 AUD(multi-year)||GPA 5.49 and above|
|Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship (PG)||50% of the cost of tuition fees for two-years||GPA of 5.95 and above|
|Western Sydney International Scholarship for PostGraduates||Up to 4,946 AUD to 7,565 AUD (multi-year)||GPA of 5.49 and above|
|Australia Award Scholarship||Full-tuition fee, travel allowance, establishment allowance, cost of living||Minimum 18 years, Not be an Australian resident, must have a student visa|
- No separate application is necessary. All applications are considered after the submission of the admission application.
- All the supporting documents must be provided for the easy grant.
Western Sydney University Alumni
- Graduates of Western Sydney are entitled to avail a wide range of benefits ‘GradLife’, the online portal for alumni members.
- The benefits primarily include networking opportunities with other fellow alumni, processing of academic transcripts, career support and alumni awards.
- Interestingly, the university has got an Alumni Scholarship Fund to which all alumni members can contribute in order to support the education of future students.
- All graduates can seek membership at absolutely no cost and will be regularly updated about the latest benefits, offers and news for alumni.
- Some of the notable alumni of Western Sydney University are Yvonne Strahovski, an Australian actress; Shannon Cole, an Australian footballer; Ed Husic, an Australian politician; Ben Quilty, an Australian artist.
Western Sydney University Placements
- Western Sydney helps its students to grab the best job opportunities by providing them with career services.
- With the help of these career services, students will be able to seek face-to-face advice for career and resume, access self-help materials, workshops for practical training, attend career expos and meeting for knowledge of future employers and specific information for international students.
- A few career-specific programs have also been developed such as Career Mentoring and Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) and Career-Launch program that help students to gain required competencies for securing part-time and full-time employment.
- Coming to the employment statistics, about 83.4% undergraduates and 91.5% postgraduates receive job offer latter within 4 months of graduation.
- The average salary of a Western Sydney University graduate is 89,000 AUD.
- Upon graduation, you can apply for a temporary graduate visa (subclass 485) under the Post-Study Work stream which will allow you to work in Australia as per your competencies and requirement of Australia’s labour market.
- The central location of the university is another plus point and can reap the benefits of excellent career opportunities for the graduates as 30% of the top businesses in Australia have offices in Western Sydney.
- These firms primarily include engineering consulting, public amenities, healthcare, manufacturing, finance, scientific, retails and public administration.
- Notably, Western Sydney has 3rd largest economy in Australia with a GRP of 145 billion AUD.
SHOW LESSFIND A PROGRAM
MasterBachelorDoctorateDiplomaCertificateM.B.AB.ScL.L.BM.EngB.EngPh.DE.M.B.AData Science and AnalyticsEngineeringBusiness AnalyticsBusinessComputer Science and EngineeringDesignAccountingArtsPsychologyMusicTechnologyLawFinanceForensic SciencesMedicineHealth CareSciencesHuman Resource ManagementPhilosophyInformation StudiesView All
FULL TIME$ 22,1341st YEAR
FULL TIME$ 21,3431st YEAR
Application DeadlineCHECK ELIGIBILITY EXAM SCORES TOEFL 82 | IELTS 6.5 | PTE 58SIMILAR PROGRAMSHealth and Physical Education | Forensic Science | Sport and Exercise Science | Accounting | Information and Communications Technology – Health Information Management
FULL TIME$ 17,3081st YEAR
Course DurationCHECK ELIGIBILITY
FULL TIME$ 19,7891st YEAR
Application DeadlineCHECK ELIGIBILITYSIMILAR PROGRAMSHealth Science
FULL TIME$ 10,9431st YEAR
Western Sydney University Overview
|Average Cost of Attendance||$19,375 / Year|
Test Scores For International Applicants
The table shows average yearly cost of attendance for international students. Amount may vary with the course opted, nature of accommodation, and personal spending habits of a candidate. Check Program wise Fees
|Undergraduate Programs||$19,375 / Year|
|Post Graduate Program||$21,886 / Year|