Last Updated on July 29, 2023
The task of comprehending walton school of business ranking or wrapping your mind around it can prove complex and confusing sometimes, especially when you have no prior knowledge about it. Getting the best information on it might not also be quite as straightforward as you think it should be.
Not to worry though as the article below puts you out of the stress of fretting about wharton business school ranking. All you’ve just got to do is read on to get the latest information on walton college of business online, walton college of business acceptance rate, walton college departments, walton college of business ranking. You can also find up to date information on sam walton school of business ranking in related articles on Collegelearners.
Walton School of Business Overview
Located at Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA, Sam M. Walton College of Business is a public institution established in 1926. It is one of 10 colleges and schools which are a part of the University of Arkansas. The institute is a renowned name in the US Education System that offers more than 200-degree programs to over 26,700 students.
The college offers some unparalleled courses for more than 1,500 international students representing over 114 countries across the globe. This is reflected in the fact that its undergraduate accounting program is ranked 35th among public and private universities. The U.S. News and World Report rank also indicate that the supply chain specialty is #13 among all national undergraduate programs.
Admissions at Sam M. Walton College of Business is available in the 3 intakes of Fall, Summer, and Spring and expects a non-refundable fee of 60 USD from its applicants. With an acceptance rate of nearly 49%, it is a moderately selective college for studying in the USA. The graduates of the institute are offered an average base salary of 65,748 USD with 80% of the full-time students employed at graduation.
U.S. News and World Report 2020
- #153 in National Universities
- #109 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #167 in Best Value Schools
- #370 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #72 in Top Public Schools
QS Top Universities 2020
- QS Global World Ranking #801-1000
Times Higher Education Ranking
- World University Rankings 2020: 601-800th
- U.S. Rankings 2020: 401-500th
Why choose Sam M. Walton College of Business?
- It has been accredited by AACSB – the hallmark of excellence in business education and has been earned by less than five percent of the world’s business programs.
- It has a number of Research and Outreach centers to address important economic and business issues.
- It consists of a Behavioural Business Research Lab which is a world-class, interdisciplinary research facility for studying human behavior and the process of decision making.
- It also houses a newly created Innovation Centre by the name McMillon Innovation Studio, which will enable Students and Industry to bring new Retail Innovation from idea to reality.
- The Centre for Retailing Excellence is a center of excellence where students get the opportunity to be mentored by executives from companies such as Energizer, Frito Lay, Nielsen, and Walmart, etc.
- Located in Arkansas- home to 300 of Fortune 500 companies, gives the graduates an opportunity to seek jobs in these premier companies.
|Type of university
|Number of undergraduate seats
|Number of postgraduate seats
|Percentage of International Students
|Annual Acceptance Rate
|Basic Tuition Fee, Undergraduate in-state Students
|Basic Tuition Fee, Undergraduate International students
|Basic Tuition Fee, Graduate in-state students
|Basic Tuition Fee, Graduate International Students
|Test Scores Accepted
|GMAT GRE TOEFL, IELTS
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The campus of the institute offers several facilities for students such as lectures from people like Dalai Lama, President George H.W. Bush, etc, concerts, entertainment opportunities through comedy shows, feature films, live theatre.
- Student involvement is encouraged in the student government in more than 380 student organizations, 34 fraternities and sororities, living and learning communities.
- Besides, students’ recreation is ensured by the recreation facilities that include an Olympic sized swimming pool, fitness facility, rock climbing wall, racquetball courts, and outdoor equipment rental service.
- Many clubs provide intramural sports opportunities in Quidditch, cricket, Frisbee, etc.
- Students can enjoy eating at the Arkansas Union, dining halls, cafes or Ella’s restaurant.
- Life at the campus is beyond books. You will have access to a wide range of activities outside the classroom, which includes joining your friends at campus events, volunteering to help others and ending your day with a swim or workout at the gym.
- All freshman students under the age of 21 are required to live on campus unless they have special permission from the university housing department.
- Over 6200 students live on campus in one of the 19 residence halls, 8 Greek houses, and an apartment complex.
- Students get the option of choosing one from community-style, suites and apartments.
- Rooms have basic amenities that include a twin-sized bed, mattress, study desk, desk and chair, closet, and dresser. Besides the rooms have been provided with a wireless internet connection and cable TV outlets.
- The dining halls on the campus offer everything from home-style food to made to order sandwiches and pizzas.
- The dining halls are Brough Commons, Fulbright Dining at the Northwest Quad and the Pomfret Dining Center.
- Students can apply for the housing facility using the portal provided by the University of Arkansas.
- The institute offers a plethora of courses for international students including more than 9 majors and 15 minors programs at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- The various departments in the College of Business include accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management, marketing and supply chain management.
- The supply chain management program of the college has vast prospects because of the University’s location near more than 300 Fortune 500 companies that have established satellite operations in Arkansas.
- The classes are conducted by faculty members 90% of whom have terminal degrees.
Sam M. Walton College of Business Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal: Apply online at the official website.
Application Fee: 60 USD
Application Deadline: UG applicants – Fall semester: June 1; Spring semester: October 1; Summer semester: March 1
Basic Admission Requirements
- Standardized test scores of SAT/ ACT are required for admission to the University of Arkansas. It is also useful for students who wish to apply for a scholarship. ACT code: 0144; SAT code: 6866
- College GPA – cumulative GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 in the last 60 credit hours of coursework.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of education are expected to have studied in their native language, English, mathematics, natural or physical science, social science and humanities in secondary school.
- English proficiency test scores – International students must take English proficiency tests and submit their scores to the university. The minimum requirements of these test scores are:
|TOEFL – IBT
|TOEFL – PBT
Undergraduate applicants: summarized educational experience, official English proficiency test scores like IELTS/ TOEFL, unofficial copies of academic records, a letter from the headmaster or principal which must indicate the rank of the applicant in the class and the total number of students enrolled, copy of the name page of the passport, official SAT/ ACT scores.
Graduate applicants: copy of transcripts from previously attended university, GRE/ MAT/ GMAT scores, proof of English proficiency, statement of purpose, recommendation letters, writing sample, updated resume or CV.