Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Bachelor of Accounting (Honours)
Accounting is the systematic recording, categorising, analysing, reporting, and preparation of financial statements in accordance with a set of rules and regulations governing financial reporting. Accountants examine a company’s financial performance and health. They provide meaningful information to businesses in order for them to make sound decisions and develop strategies and achieve their business objectives.
The UTAR Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) programme is a four-year programme that prepares students for professional accounting careers by providing them with a broad range of accounting knowledge and skills. The programme is recognised by the Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA), which means that Accounting graduates can apply to be Chartered Accountants with MIA after completing the required three years of relevant work experience.
UTAR also works with prominent professional accountancy bodies such as MICPA, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, and other financial-related bodies such as CTIM, FPAM, and MAICSA to provide professional paper exemptions to our graduates. Under the ACCA Accelerate Programme, Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) students can sit for ACCA papers as early as Year 3 and benefit from reduced registration fees and other packages.
|Award:||Bachelor of Accounting (Honours)|
|Accreditation Status:||Fully accredited|
|Duration:||4 years (Full-time only)|
|Intakes:||January, May/June, October|
|Total Programme Fees:||RM49,200 (Malaysian)RM66,000 (International)|
|Medium of Instruction:||English|
|Campus:||Sungai Long, Selangor|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Accountancy and Management (FAM)|
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Financial Planner/Advisor
- Corporate Planning Manager
- Investment Advisor
- Pricing Manager
The UTAR Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) is recognised by the following organisations.
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- CPA Australia
- The Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- The Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM)
- The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)