University of Wyoming is a four-year, public university located in Laramie that offers admissions to more than 200 areas of studies at undergraduate, graduate, doctorate and certificate level in numerous fields, like, engineering, arts & science, business, and more.
Collegelearners will provide informations you needed about University of Wyoming Admission, University of Wyoming Admission Requirements and University of Wyoming Admission Requirements Online.
University of Wyoming Admission Requirements Overviews
You can locate information on university of wyoming admissions on websites that are dedicated to that purpose. The truth is that information is not easy to find online, and if you don’t know the right places to explore, you will really face a difficult time. If you need information on university of wyoming ranking, then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll see information ranging from university of wyoming graduate admission requirements, colleges and university of wyoming office of admissions hours and so much more…
Applications at this renowned institute of the US Education System are available in the 3 intakes of fall, summer and spring. It is a highly coveted organization that currently enrolls nearly 10,000 undergraduates from different corners of the world.
In the fall of 2019, the university received 5,348 applications. The institute offered letters of place at an acceptance rate of 96% of the applications. This reflects that the admission at the institute is lightly competitive and any decent candidate with a GPA of 3.5 or above has a high chance of enrollment at the organization.
Admission to the Master of Business Administration program generally requires:
- Completed University of Wyoming Graduate Admissions Application. and non-refundable application fee.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or college.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0, preferred. Based on a 4.0 scale. If you do not meet this minimum preferred GPA, please contact the program office.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination) exam scores. GMAT and GRE scores must be sent directly to the MBA Program. The institution code for the GRE is 4855.
- Professional resume. Five or more years of professional work experience preferred, but not required.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework (post-secondary) must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the University of Wyoming Admissions Office at 1000. E. University Ave., Laramie, WY 82071-2000. Official University of Wyoming transcripts do not need requested to the department, but copies of all transcripts must also be uploaded into the UW Graduate Admissions Application.
- Letters of recommendation (2). Professional or education-related letters of recommendation provided directly by the reference via the UW Graduate Admissions Application.
- An interview may be requested upon completion of the application. On-campus interviews are preferred, but interviews can also be arranged via telephone or video conference. Please contact the program office for additional information at [email protected] or 307-766-2482.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Provide proof of satisfactory English ability if native language is not English by completing the TOEFL or IELTS exam. The minimum acceptable TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score is 600 on the Paper-based test (TOEFL PBT) or a score of 100 on the Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). The minimum acceptable IELTS score is 7. An applicant whose native language is English and is a citizen of one of the following countries or has earned a university level degree from a school in one of the following countries may be exempt from providing additional proof of English proficiency: Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia Dominica, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Australia, Bermuda, Canada (all provinces except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
- International students must also prove sufficient financial resources as established by the University of Wyoming (Graduate International Student Admissions). (campus programs only)
- An applicant whose native language is English or who has earned a university level degree from an English speaking university may be exempt from providing proof of English proficiency. (online programs only)
NOTE: GRE/GMAT waivers are available on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to determine if you are eligible to apply for an exam waiver, please contact the program office for additional information at [email protected] or 307-766-2482.
Prerequisites: No prerequisite courses will be required if you have completed a business or STEM related bachelors or masters degree from a regionally accredited college or university with the minimum preferred GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale OR if you have 3+ years of professional work experience.
Applicants without a business or STEM related undergraduate or graduate degree OR without 3+ years of professional work experience must provide evidence of proficiency in the following:
Business Math and Statistics
Fundamentals of Economics
*Evidence of proficiency in these areas is considered on a case-by-case basis but is commonly pursued through supplemental courses and/or relevant professional experience.
A SAT/ACT score of 1050-1280/ 20-28 is a good enough score to add merit to the overall student profile of the candidate. Some other salient points to be taken into consideration when applying for admission at University of Wyoming are as listed below.
- Applicants can send in their applications using the online application portal of the institute
- International students’ fall deadline is June 1.
- Due to COVID-19 (coronavirus), international graduate applicants who cannot take TOEFL and IELTS exams, may submit Duolingo English proficiency exam results in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS results.
- The institute has also extended the last date to defend for Spring 2020 graduate defenses from May 4 until May 21.
- It has a variety of financial aid opportunities for eligible incoming non-resident and international first-time students.
University of Wyoming Admissions
University of Wyoming admissions is selective with an acceptance rate of 96%. Half the applicants admitted to University of Wyoming have an SAT score between 1060 and 1280 or an ACT score of 22 and 28. However, one quarter of admitted applicants achieved scores above these ranges and one quarter scored below these ranges. The application deadline is Aug. 10 and the application fee at University of Wyoming is $40.
Admissions officials at University of Wyoming consider a student’s GPA a very important academic factor. An applicant’s high school class rank and letters of recommendation are not considered by admissions officials at University of Wyoming.
International Student Admissions
With a representation of over 90 countries, the university welcomes students from across the globe to come become a part of one of 200 academic programs they have to offer. The students may choose to become a part of their bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate program, offered in fields like agricultural resources, arts & sciences, business, education, health sciences and more. To be enrolled in a program at UW, the applicants would be required to meet a few prerequisites, including.
How to apply?
Application portal: Online Application
Application fee: 40 USD (Bachelor’s)/ 50 USD (master’s)
Basic Admission requirements:
- Official transcripts.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of Financial Support
- Copy of Passport
Graduate programs may have program-specific requirements as well, so the applicant is advised to check. All the transcripts sent to UW must be sent by the school, all original copies in the native language, followed by an official English translation of the same. All the documents must be sent to,
University of Wyoming Admissions
Dept. 3435, 1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
University of Wyoming SAT Requirements
Many schools say they have no SAT score cutoff, but the truth is that there is a hidden SAT requirement. This is based on the school’s average score.
Average SAT: 1160
The average SAT score composite at University of Wyoming is a 1160 on the 1600 SAT scale.
This score makes University of Wyoming Competitive for SAT test scores.
University of Wyoming SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
The 25th percentile New SAT score is 1050, and the 75th percentile New SAT score is 1280. In other words, a 1050 on the New SAT places you below average, while a 1280 will move you up to above average.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||580||530||640|
Visa Process for International Students
Upon getting admitted to the university, the students would be issued their I-20 forms, which is a Certificate of Eligibility, required by the student to apply for an F-1/Student visa to study in the USA.
Once the applicant receives their Form I-20 and other materials from UW, they must apply for their F-1 visa at the US consulate. It is recommended that the applicant must allow plenty of time to obtain the F-1 visa foil from the U.S. embassy or consulate. The documents required for the F-1 application are,
- SEVIS Fee
- DS-160 application form
- Scheduling and attending an interview with the consulate