Last Updated on August 28, 2023
St. Andrews is located in Scotland and known as the home of golf. One of fifteen Scottish universities, The University of St Andrews is located there. It’s also the oldest Scottish university, founded in 1410.
Best MSc Program in Data Science in Saint Andrews in United KingdomRead more about studying in United Kingdom
Data-Intensive Analysis (MSc)2021 entry
The MSc in Data-Intensive Analysis is an interdisciplinary course providing students with an understanding of how data is used to gain useful insights in all areas of scientific endeavour. The programme has a substantive statistical component – both theory and practice – allied to computational data science and visualisation.
Postgraduate, leading to a Master of Science (MSc)
- Start date: 6 September 2021
- End date: 30 September 2022
Information about all programmes from previous years of entry can be found in the archive.
One year full time or two years part time
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree, plus evidence of some previous programming experience.
- If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- English language proficiency. See English language tests and qualifications.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
Wednesday 11 August 2021. Applicants should apply as early as possible to be eligible for certain scholarships and for international visa purposes. To maintain staff-student ratios, the University reserves the right to stop accepting applications once the programme is full.
- personal statement (optional)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
For more guidance, see supporting documents and references for postgraduate taught programmes.