Last Updated on December 20, 2022
Fees and grants
For the academic year 2021/2022 the “full yearly contribution” for standard students, is € 2,400.00, educational, scientific and administrative services included.
The university contribution foresees 4 instalments. All students must pay the first instalment of € 356.00 at the time of enrolment and by 30 September 2021, except for students applying for a DSU Toscana scholarship or having a disability of at least 66% or being disabled students under the Law no. 104, art. 3, par. 1, of 5 February 1992.
The call for DSU Toscana scholarships applications is available online until 3 September 2021.
The DSU Toscana scholarship application temporarily delays the first instalment payment, up to 28 February 2022: selected DSU scholarship applicants are not required to pay any instalment.
The first instalment payment for students applying for a VISA must be made by 31 December 2021, with no late-payment extra charge.
If not completing the enrolment procedure in a Bachelor’s Degree Programme by 30 September 2021, students must pay a late-payment extra charge (except for students having applied for a call for admission to a Degree Programme or enrolling in a Master’s Degree Programme).
However, the number of students paying the full yearly contribution is very limited; in most cases, financial support allows to substantially reduce the fee amount.
Fee reductions are foreseen based on both merit (from the 2nd year and up to a maximum of € 200) and income (up to a maximum of € 2,400)
The PagoPA system
For the international students
Regional “Right to Study” Programme
Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
Invest Your Talent in Italy Programme
Inclinados hacia América Latina
Tuition fees and financial support A.Y. 2021/22
- Duration: 24 months
- Location: Pisa
- Language: English
- Applications will be considered from December 16th, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- Starting Academic Year 2020/21: the last week of September 2020
- 1st term lectures: September 2020/December 2020
- 2nd term lectures: February 2021/ May 2021
- 1st term examinations: December 2020/February 2021
- 2nd term examinations: May 2021/July 2021
- 3rd term examinations: September 2021
- Class size: max 40 students
- International students fees and grants: The Enrollment Center of University of Pisa
University fees depend on the student’s country of origin and can vary from 407 euros up to 2.354,00 euros.
Students of MSE can be eligible for three types of financial support:
The top eighteen international students, enrolled for the academic year 2020/2021 will be able to benefit from one of the merit scholarships that the University of Pisa will allocate in order to increase the number and the quality of international students in the University.
You can find the final ranking of this year by clicking here and looking at the bottom of the page.
Each scholarship will be consist of:
· First year of course: 6 thousand euros net and exemption from University fees
· Second year of course: 8 thousand euros net and a reduction of 50% of the University fees if the student has obtained at least 36 cfu credits with an average grade of at least 25/30
Scholarships will be awarded on the base of a unique ranking, made by a committee which will evaluate the following factors:
· CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average)
· Country of origin of the applicant, giving priority to the less economically advantaged countries.
Attention: In order to take part in the allocation of the sholarships, candidates must apply to the course of study of interest by one of the deadlines suggested by the course of study itself, but in any case not later than the 30th of March 2021.
The allocation of the scholarships will happen before the enrollment, so that eventual non-EU winners applying for a VISA will be able to use it during the pre-enrollment phase to demonstrate sufficient economical means to afford studying in Italy at the competent Italian diplomatic Representation.
2. Support by Azienda DSU Toscana, consisting of a mix of supporting activities, as free accommodation, free access to canteen, partial exemption from fees, etc. The assignment of this type of financial support is decided by Azienda DSU Toscana.
For more information about the deadline and how to apply to the DSU scholarship click here. (Notice that the deadline is usually at the end of August!).