Last Updated on January 19, 2023
University of Paris Medicine is located in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and attracts students from all over. Its broad curriculum gives students an extensive understanding of a wide range of medical topics, with an emphasis on excellence in clinical skills.
Right here on infolearners, you are privy to a litany of relevant information on university of paris tuition fees for international students, university of paris scholarships,university of paris acceptance rate for international students and so much more. Take out time to visit our catalog for more information on similar topics.
university of paris medicine entry requirements
Before applying, high school and college students or those returning to school are invited to consult the Université de Paris course catalogue to learn about the programmes, their objectives, the opportunities for continued learning as well as professional prospects for each programme.
It is important as an international student that you prepare your stay in France and at Université de Paris. Below you will find the steps to guide you through the admissions process.
Step 1: Choose your programme
To learn about the terms and conditions of the programme you are interested in, we recommend that you first visit our website or send an email to the contact person indicated on the course description in the A to Z section.
Step 2: Apply
International students who wish to enroll for the first year of an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree at Université de Paris must apply for a pre-enrollment procedure, called a Preliminary Admission Requestor or “DAP”.
International students who wish to enroll at Université de Paris (except for the first year of a Bachelor’s degree) must submit their application directly on the Campus France “Études en France” platform if you reside in one of the 46 countries :
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
For more details on the registration processes, visit the Campus France website
If your country is not listed on Campus France, students must connect to the university application portal eCandidat.
Note: In some cases, it is mandatory to provide the results of an official French test (TCF).
Step 3: Application Review
To determine your eligibility, a committee will review your application. In some cases, students may be invited to an interview and/or language test. Selection committees will review the academic background, cover letter and letters of recommendation.
university of paris tuition fees for international students
Tuition fees for academic year 2022/23
For European students (nationals of a member country of the European Union, the European Economic Area, Andorra or Switzerland)*
The French government will continue to pay most of the cost of your degree programme in a public institution of higher education. Tuition charges are similar to those in academic year 2018/2019.
- €170 per year at the licence (bachelor) level
- €243 per year at the master level
- €601 per year in a school of engineering**
- €380 per year at the doctoral level
* Some non-EU students pay registration fees identical to those paid by French and EU students based on their status, the degree for which they are studying or their situation in 2018/2019. These are:
- students who are residents of Quebec,
- international students who hold a long-term residence card or students who have declared their taxable household or have been associated with a taxable household in France for more than 2 years,
- students who benefit from refugee status or subsidiary protection, or children of recipients of such statuses,
- international students enrolled within a doctoral programme, within a HDR (authority to supervise research) and students in the 3rd cycle of their medical, dental and pharmaceutical studies,
- international students enrolled in a ‘classe préparatoire aux grandes écoles’ (preparatory class for Grandes Ecoles), whatever their nationality, and with dual enrolment in a university degree course,
- students enrolled within a public higher education establishment that falls within the scope of the MESRI, at all levels (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate) for the 2018/2019 academic year,
- students enrolled in a centre for the study of French as a foreign language (français langue étrangère, FLE) in France prior to the commencement of the 2019/2020 academic year.
** Except for programmes begun after 1 September 2018 at the Ecole Centrale in Lille, Lyon, Marseille, and Nantes, and at the Ecole des Mines in Nancy, where the annual tuition will be €2,500.
Keep in mind…
- The schools of engineering operated by the Ministry of Defense (ENSTA Paris Tech, ISAE, Polytechnique), the Ministry of the Economy (Mines Paris Tech, the schools of the Institut Mines Telecom), and the Ministry of Agriculture (AgroParisTech, Montpellier Sup Agro) have different tuition charges. Check the rates on the websites of the schools that interest you.
- You may also be subject to examination fees when applying to schools of engineering.
For non EU-students
You will be required to pay differentiated registration fees if:
- You are enrolling for the 1st time for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or for an engineering programme, for the start of the 2022/2023 academic year;
- Within a higher education establishment that falls within the scope of the MESRI;
- Provided that you are not permanently settled in France.
The state will thus cover two thirds of the cost of your training. The total registration fee that you will be required to pay will be:
- €2,770 per year at the licence (bachelor) level
- €3,770 per year at the master level
If you enroll in a degree at Doctorate level at the beginning of the 2022 academic year, the French government continues to assume most of the cost of your education until you complete your degree programme. Your tuition for 2022/2023 will be €380. Non-EU doctoral students are not subject to new differentiated tuition fees.
university of paris scholarships
Université de Paris aims to promote access for international students who wish to undertake their academic studies at the master’s level and for those pursuing research projects at the doctoral level. We offer several types of scholarship programmes. The criteria and eligibility requirements for each programme may be different depending on your situation.university of paris scholarships
The MIEM scholarship programme, funded by IdEx Université de Paris aims to promote the internationalisation of master’s programmes and facilitate the arrival of the best international students in order to create a pool of excellence for the recruitment of future doctoral students. This programme is applicable to independent international candidates.
The Eiffel excellence programme managed by France’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, enables top international students to benefit from financial support, allowing them to enrol in Master degree and PhD programmes.
The SMARTS-UP programme, financed by the SFRI call (Structuring training through research in initiatives of excellence) at Université of Paris, aims to promote the internationalization of Master’s programmes and facilitate the admission of the best international students. Within this framework, it is intended to finance incoming mobility grants for 2022-2023 to enable the University Research Schools (EUR) to welcome international students in the various Masters programmes.