Last Updated on December 24, 2022
There are some facts you should understand if you are to determine what degree fits you best. This information will help you choose the career path best suited to you. Let’s learn about the university of north texas college of business.
CollegeLearners provides comprehensive information on university of north texas business school ranking, g brint ryan college of business ranking, courses in university of north texas, university of north texas enrollment, and university of north texas online.
As one of the nation’s largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to our 36,000 students. UNT is a student-focused public research university with 12 colleges and schools offering 97 bachelor’s, 81 master’s and 35 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized, including business, engineering, journalism, education, arts and sciences, information, merchandizing and hospitality management, music, public affairs and community service, and visual arts and design. At UNT you will work closely with renowned faculty, experience our vast array of resources and be part of a welcoming group of scholars. Here you’ll gain the knowledge, experience and connections needed to shape your future.Taking pride in its outstanding faculty, high academic standards, and diverse student body, UNT provides abundant opportunities for graduate students to discover the power of ideas.UNT offers a variety of scholarships, research and teaching assistantships to our graduate students to help them pursue their academic interest.
The G. Brint Ryan College of Business is one of the largest business schools in the nation and contributes to the economic development of the region. Top-ranked programs include the nationally recognized logistics and supply chain management program and online M.B.A.
- Only four-year aviation logistics program in Texas
- Undergraduate logistics and supply chain management program ranked 20th in North America by Gartner Inc.
- Undergraduate aviation logistics program ranked 1st in the nation for median earnings for alumni after graduation by GradReports.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with a concentration in organizational behavior and human resource management ranked 1st in the nation by MBACentral.org
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with a concentration in strategic management ranked 2nd in the nation by MBACentral.org
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with concentration in marketing ranked 2nd in the nation for affordability by MastersProgramsGuide.com
- Accelerated online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 3rd in the nation by CollegeValuesOnline.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with a concentration in logistics and supply chain management ranked 3rd for affordability by GreatValueColleges.net
- Master’s in taxation program ranked 4th in nation for value by Online-Accounting-Degrees.net
- Undergraduate marketing program ranked 6th in the nation by BachelorsDegreeCenter.org
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 6th for affordability by OnlineMastersColleges.com
- Accelerated online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 8th in the nation for affordability by BestCollegesOnline.org
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 12th in the nation by BestTopStory.com
- Undergraduate business, management and marketing programs (general business) ranked 57th, and 20th in the nation for best value and 13th for veterans by CollegeFactual.com
- M.B.A. (graduate business administration) program with a concentration in health services management ranked 13th in the nation for affordability by Healthcare-Administration-Degree.net
- Undergraduate human resource management program ranked 23rd in the nation for best value and 16th in the nation for highest paid graduates by CollegeFactual.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program in marketing ranked 16th in the nation by Intelligent.com
- Undergraduate accounting program ranked 17th in the nation for size of faculty by the Public Accounting Report
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 17th in the nation for affordability by GreatValueColleges.net
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program in finance ranked 17th in the nation by Intelligent.com
- M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 18th in the nation for affordability by TopManagementDegrees.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with a concentration in finance ranked 19th in the nation by TheBestSchools.org
- Online marketing programs ranked 25th in the nation by Intelligent.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 26th in the nation for graduation rates by DiscoverBusiness.us
- Undergraduate business economics program ranked 27th in the nation for best value by BestCollegeReviews.org
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 30th in the nation for veterans by U.S. News & World Report
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 33rd in the nation by TopManagementDegrees.com
- Doctoral accounting program ranked 33rd in the nation by the Public Accounting Report
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 34th in the nation by BestValueSchools.org
- Graduate accounting and taxation program ranked 1st in Texas, 15th in the South and 35th in the nation by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with a concentration in marketing ranked 37th in the nation by OnlineMasters.com
- Undergraduate logistics and supply chain management program ranked 4th in Texas, 14th in the South and 38th in the nation by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 43rd in the nation as a best buy among distance programs by GetEducated.com
- M.B.A. (graduate business management) program with a concentration in finance ranked 42nd in the nation by OnlineMasters.com
- Logistics and supply chain management program ranked 47th in the nation by the Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 51st in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
- Online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 65th in the world by CEO magazine
- Undergraduate real estate program ranked 3rd in Texas, 24th in the South and 46th in the nation by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Undergraduate accounting program ranked 12th in the West and 46th in the nation by the Public Accounting Report
- Undergraduate entrepreneurship program ranked 4th in Texas, 16th in the South and 51st in the nation by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Undergraduate business economics program ranked 1st in Texas, 27th in the South and 53rd in the nation by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Undergraduate finance program ranked 54th in the nation for best value by CollegeFactual.com
- Online graduate finance program ranked 70th in the nation by TFETimes.com
- Undergraduate business integrated studies program ranked 4th in Texas and 73rd in the nation for best value and 77th in the nation for veterans by CollegeFactual.com
- Business computer information systems program ranked 6th in Texas, 28th in the South and 78th in the nation by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Business administration program ranked 9th in Texas and 62nd in the South by Best-Business-Colleges.com
- Accounting programs ranked 7th in Texas by BestValueSchools.org
- Business computer information systems program ranked 7th in Texas by Zippia.com
- M.B.A. (graduate business management) program ranked 1st in DFW by BestValueSchools.org
- Accelerated online M.B.A. (graduate business management) program named a Top 100% online program with Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accreditation in the nation by OnlineMBAPage.com
- Undergraduate risk, insurance and financial management program one of 29 university programs in the world and only one in Texas awarded the Global Centers of Insurance Excellence designation by the International Insurance Society
- College of Business ranked 9th in Texas and 61st in the South by Best-Business-Colleges.com
According to Niche rankings, the U of NT stands at(as of 2019):
- #49 in Best Colleges for Information Technology in America
- #86 in Best Big Colleges in America
According to the U.S. News, the university stands at:
- #281 in National Universities
|Type of University||Public|
|Type of Programs Offered||Bachelor’s, Postbachelor’s Certificate, Master’s, Doctoral Degree Research|
|Campus Setting||College Town|
|Total Number of Students||38,087+|
|Freshman Retention Rate||78.47%|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||24:1|
|Total Number of International Students||3,593|
|Total amount of scholarships||145.8 Million USD|
|Total Endowment||195.6 Million USD|
|University Acceptance Rate||72%|
UNT is known for its vast academic catalog. The university offers about 106 Bachelor’s, 88 Master’s, and 36 Doctoral Degree programs to choose from. Mentioned below are a few popular programs at the University of North Texas:
- and Related Support Services
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies and Humanities
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Communication and Journalism
With China, India, Mexico, Nepal being the major international student contributors, the international students make up to 9.5% of the total population here at the U of NT, making it an appropriate choice for students who are planning to study in the U.S.A.
The campus has a size of about 899 acres and is home to nearly 38,000 students. Located in the city of Denton, Texas, which is known to offer a wide number of music festivals including more than 30 arts and jazz festivals, the university allows its students to blow-off steam or take a break from studies whenever needed.
DSA or the Division of student affairs offers the students on campus with opportunities to cultivate academic, personal, and professional success.
The campus offers facilities such as:
- Adaptive computer labs
- Study abroad office
- International Recruitment Office
- Athletic organizations and activities
- 400+ on-campus student organizations
Moreover, the campus has a division dedicated to its international population known as UNT International, which supports international teaching, service, and research.
UNT comprises of 14+ on-campus dormitories and is known to accommodate 15.5% of the total student population. Furthermore, with more than 11 on-campus dining options, the quality of university food stands at #46 in Best College Foods in America.
A few of the residential halls at the University of North Texas includes:
- Bruce Hal
- College Inn
- Honors Hall
- Mozart Square
- Traditions Hall
- West Hall
Students who are looking to apply for on-campus accommodations are advised to check with the university and apply before the freshmen orientation since the rooms fill up quickly. The total fees for room and board should be about 8,000 USD to 12,000 USD.
Interested candidates who are seeking to apply for the on-campus accommodation must activate their EUID on my.unt.edu and send an email to [email protected] along with the following information:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Semester that you’re applying for
Lastly, fill up the housing application form along with a non-refundable deposit of 400 USD.
UNT also provides Off-campus housing to its students. A few mentionable setbacks of the same are – unfurnished apartments and extra expenses such as utilities, internet, phone, etc.
Interested candidates may visit offcampushousing.unt.edu to know more about the same.
Where to Apply: Interested candidates seeking to get admission in the University of North Texas can go to their official application portal and apply there.
When to Apply:
|Summer 1 (May to June)||April 1|
|Summer 2 (June to July)||April 15|
|Summer 3 (July to August)||May 1|
Application Fee: The application fee for international students is 85 USD
How to apply:
- Complete online admission application
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your official academic credentials
- English Language proficiency scores
|IELTS||6.0 or higher|
|PTE||53 or higher|
|Duolingo Test||71 or higher|
- Check department-specific requirements with your academic department
University of North Texas Tuition and Living Expenses
Total Expenses (including accommodation and other expenses) for Undergraduate and Graduate programs:
|Course||Tuition/Fees||Living Expenses||Other Expenses||Total Estimated Expense|
|Undergraduate||21,125 USD||12,938 USD||3,710 USD||37,773 USD|
|Graduate||15,043 USD||12,938 USD||3,710 USD||31,691 USD|
The university provides assistance to international students who are looking for scholarships to study in the U.S.A.
Annually awarding more than 390 million USD in financial aid and 50+ million USD in scholarships, UNT offers financial aid and scholarships to about 75 percent of its students.While some academic departments offer funding to international students in the form of fellowships, others might provide scholarships and assistantships.
How to apply for scholarship:
- Complete UNT application
- Complete General Scholarship application by March 1
- Refer to your department about its application process since each department has its own application process
U of NT provides international education scholarship to students with exceptional academic and social skill records.
International Education Scholarship:
- Available to all UNT students; domestic and international
- UNT undergraduate: 3.0 GPA
- UNT graduate: 3.5 GPA
Please note:- You can check your award status by the following this trail: MyUNT Account>financial aid>Accept/decline awards>select aid year to view>check what you’ve been awarded with and accept/decline awards accordingly
Work While you Study
The university provides work-study programs for domestic as well as international students who are studying or looking to get admission in the University of North Texas. To work on campus, international student(s) must:
- Hold valid F-1 status
- Complete the Foreign National Information form with the UNTSystem Tax Office
International students do not require any special permission from the immigration and can work up to 20-hours/week during fall and spring terms.
Please note: F-1 students cannot work off-campus without immigration permission
Interested candidates may apply at – unt.academicworks.com