Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Are you an international student? and been puzzled by the contradictory information you encountered on the internet. You need not look further, this article allows you to learn more about university of illinois at chicago world ranking.
Read on to discover the latest information on university of illinois at chicago ranking. It is possible for you to find more information about university of illinois at chicago qs world ranking on infolearners.
About What is the Ranking of University of Illinois at Chicago
Explore the flexibility and advantages of an MBA from UIC’s Liautaud Graduate School. UIC ranks in the Top 25% of business schools nationwide. Our MBA will set you apart. You’ll earn a proven, research-based MBA and gain hands-on experience and connections to Chicago’s living classroom.
UIC Liautaud offers MBA programs designed to support your academic and professional development. With classes offered in the daytime, evenings, and on weekends, you can find the option that best fits your needs.
Full-time, Accelerated Cohort Program
On-campus, daytime classes
Finish in as little as one year
Build a strong career network
The Weekend MBA
Two-year cohorted program
Meets on Saturdays
The Flexible MBA Program
Set your own pace
Take classes at night, online or on Saturdays
Finish in as little as 18 months
The Weekend MBA program and the Accelerated MBA start in the fall semester only. Students in the flexible program can start in the summer, fall or spring.
TOP JOB FUNCTIONS OF MBA GRADS
Operations and Logistics
WHY AN MBA?
Complement your career field
Earn more money
Greater job security
MBA JOINT DEGREES
Other joint degree programs are in the works. Ask an admissions adviser.
Study Abroad Programs
DOING BUSINESS IN BRAZIL
Doing Business in Brazil is a two-week course in Sao Paulo, Brazil, at the Fundacao Getulio Vargas, considered one of the top business schools in South America. This English-language course covers Brazilian and South American business issues, the political and social climate, national culture, consumer marketing, and Mercosur. MBA students receive four elective credits for participating in the program.
Know Europe is a four-week course, through the ESC Normandy. Study is organized in Brussels, Belgium; Haarlem, Amsterdam; Paris, Le Havre, and Caen, France; and Barcelona, Spain. Professors are drawn from Europe, the United Kingdom, and Australia. The program includes meetings with local businesses, field visits to seats of European government, and presentations on major aspects of European administration and culture. MBA students receive six elective credits for participating in the program.
The MBA is a practical management degree that focuses on the core aspects of business and management. The program is 54 credits in length composed of 26 credits of core courses and 28 credits of electives. The core courses introduce the fundamental concepts needed to understand the many facets of a complex organization and provide a foundation for further, more in-depth functional business study.
The core curriculum consists of the following seven courses:
Enterprise Strategy (capstone course)
IMPROV AND LEADERSHIP
Using improvisational theater techniques taught in workshop exercise of graduating difficulty, this course creates a safe laboratory for students to experiment with the elements of their own executive presence.
This course will introduce students to the fundamentals of web analytics, including metrics like web traffic and how long customers spend at pages. Students will learn to use Google’s online and offline software tools.
SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS LEADING CHANGE
The aim of this course is to study “the triple bottom line.” Social enterprises utilize the business itself to serve as a vehicle for social change. As business leaders, social entrepreneurs want to improve the common good and solve a social problem.
Accounting is the language of business. With this concentration, you’ll learn how to maintain the financial health of an organization.
Sample of courses:
Financial Statement Analysis
Taxes and Business Policy
This concentration trains students in the use of data and models for business decisions, and how to leverage ‘big’ data and analytics for competitive advantage. MBA students with the Business Analytics concentration are prepared to meet demand in one of the most rapidly expanding fields in business.
Sample of courses:
Business Data Mining
Social Media and Network Analysis
Analytics Strategy and Practice
Statistical Models and Methods for Business Analytics
Economics gives you an in-depth look at what drives businesses and consumers. This concetration focuses on applied economics with a focus on health, education and urban issues.
Sample of courses:
International Economics for Business
With this concentration, you’ll learn how to evaluate the risks and rewards of a new venture, skills which can be applied to both new and existing businesses.
Sample of courses:
Entrepreneurial Electronic Commerce
Students will gain a better understanding of financial assets and how to manage risks and investments.
Sample of courses:
Financial Decision Making
Business Models for Technology Ventures
Get a closer look at the global business environment. If you are looking to work abroad or for a large multinational company, these courses will deepend your understanding of business on a global scale.
Sample of courses:
International Business Operations
This concentration will equip the knowledge to lead people and organizations with an understanding of human resource management, strategic management, leadership, managerial skills and logistics.
Sample of courses:
Human Resource Management
Global Innovation Management
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
With a concentration in MIS, you’ll learn how to design and manage information and IT systems in ways that have a direct impact on strategy and operational decisions.
Sample of courses:
Information Systems Strategy and Policy
Innovation and Technology Change
Enterprise Information Infrastructure and Security
Audit and Control of Information Systems
Students in this concentration develop a strong understanding of the entire marketing process in business from research and product development to communications planning and measurement.
Sample of courses:
Marketing Communication and Promotional Strategy
Marketing Channels Management
Enterprise Application Development
OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY-CHAIN MANAGEMENT
MBA students in this concentration study the strategic management and operation of global supply chains, the flow of goods and services, and complex business processes.
Sample of Courses
Supply Chain Management
Global Sourcing and Logistics Managing Service Operations
Quality Control and Lean Process Management
Combining economics, finance, and urban planning students gain a full perspective of the field of real estate with an emphasis in urban real estate markets using metropolitan Chicago as a working laboratory.
Sample of Courses
Real Estate Finance
Urban Real Estate and Land Economics
If the other concentrations don’t fit the career path you are building, work with an adviser to develop one.
Test Scores: GMAT or GRE scores are accepted by all programs. GMAT and GRE scores are valid for up to 5 years. Please contact the testing companies for full details.*
Academic Record: Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0. A business-related undergraduate degree is not required to be admitted to our master’s programs.
Letters of Recommendation: We require two letters of recommendation from references who know you in a professional manner and can attest to your professional abilities. Specialized master’s degree programs also accept letters from previous professors who can speak to your academic abilities. You will submit the recommenders’ names and contact information, and we will contact them for the recommendation.
Personal Statement: The personal statement provides you with the opportunity to discuss your career goals and why you think the UIC Liautaud program is a good fit. Guidelines are provided in the online application.
$70 application fee
Interview: MBA applicants only. All completed applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee and qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
*Circumstantial waivers apply for MBA applicants only. Applicants must submit a formal petition for consideration.
Located in the heart of one of the world’s great cities, the University of Illinois at Chicago is a vital part of the educational, technological and cultural fabric of the region. As Chicago’s only public research university with 30,000 students, 15 colleges, a hospital and a health sciences system, UIC provides you access to excellence and opportunity.
The University of Illinois at Chicago traces its origins to several private health colleges that were founded in Chicago during the 19th century.
In the 20th century, new campuses were built in Chicago and later joined together to form a comprehensive learning community. In the last three decades, UIC has transformed itself into one of the top 65 research universities in the United States.
Outstanding programs range from the creation of new medical diagnostic techniques to turning carbon dioxide into fuel. You will find opportunities to pursue your interests in depth with researchers on the cutting edge of discovery in the humanities, social sciences, natural and medical sciences and engineering.
University of Illinois at Chicago features 16 academic colleges, 86 bachelor’s, 111 master’s and 66 doctoral degree programs. That means plenty of opportunities to explore your interests.
With nearly 2,821 faculty members and a low 1-to-18 faculty-student ratio, UIC undergraduates have exceptional access to the scientists, artists, writers, clinicians, educators and innovators whose work shapes our world.
As Chicago’s only public research university, real-world problems are solved through innovation and discovery. Research at the University of Illinois at Chicago is re-shaping educational policy; developing cleaner, more sustainable energy; helping to make sense of today’s vast amounts of computer-generated data; and driving economic development by moving research to practical application. Outstanding programs range from the creation of new medical diagnostic techniques to turning carbon dioxide into fuel. You will find opportunities to pursue your interests in depth with researchers on the cutting edge of discovery in the humanities, social sciences, natural and medical sciences and engineering.
With approximately 31,000 students and more than 13,000 employees, UIC is Chicago’s largest public research university and second-largest university employer. University of Illinois at Chicago has 16 top-ranking colleges and a health sciences system that includes a hospital, clinics and seven health sciences colleges. Our mission, for our students as well as for our faculty and staff, is to provide access to excellence and success.
UIC offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and paid holiday and leave time.
The Office of International Services (OIS) recognizes that your transition to the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is multifaceted. You are not only beginning studies at a new school, you are entering a new country and culture.
This experience can be both exhilarating and, at times, overwhelming! With this in mind, OIS has developed a series of customized orientation programs for all new international students entering UIC.
Our goal is to support and enhance your transition by providing essential information about your immigration responsibilities, an introduction to the UIC community, an opportunity to meet other new international students, and much more.Show less
With housing options all over campus, students can experience all UIC and Chicago have to offer. Many undergraduates live on the east side of campus, in the Commons North, Commons South, Commons West and Courtyard residence halls. Students who live here are minutes from lecture halls, Student Center East and the Student Recreation Center.Show less
The UIC Library supports your research throughout the knowledge life-cycle: discovery, use, dissemination and archiving.Use
- Create an e-library of must-read journals on your mobile device with Browzine
- Manage citations and produce bibliographies in any format with RefWorks
- Keep current with research in your field by setting up alerts and feeds capturing resources
UIC-WiFi is available in many locations on campus.
The Health Service Fee is a mandatory fee that is charged along with a student’s tuition. The Health Service Fee is NOT part of the Campus Care program, but works in conjunction to provide comprehensive medical coverage to our students.
With one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, University of Illinois at Chicago is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment for its students and fostering a sense of belonging. We’re located in a bustling city, and there’s no shortage of exciting opportunities right here on campus. Get involved in UIC’s rich campus life by joining a variety of student groups and attending fun events.
Whether you’re looking for a place to work out or an intramural sport to join, UIC has plenty of options. TheStudent Recreation Facility and the Sport & Fitness Center offer fitness classes, swimming lessons and a 43-foot rock-climbing wall.
UIC intramural sports clubs, from indoor cricket to arena football, let you enjoy time with friends while competing as a recreational athlete. Rugby and soccer intramural teams compete at UIC’s Outdoor Field Complex, which has more than 214,000 square feet of artificial turf and two multipurpose fields.Show less
- Alpha Kappa Delta Phi National Sorority, Inc
- Alpha Phi Gamma Sorority, Inc.
- Asian American InterVarsity
- Asian American Public Health Student Org
- Asian American Students in Alliance
- Asian Pharmacists Association
- Association of Ahmadi Muslim Students
- UIC Bhangra
- Bengali Students Association
- Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Fearless Undocumented Alliance
- Filipinos in Alliance
- Hindu Students Council
- Indian Graduate Student Association
- Indian Student Association
- Japan Karate Association
- Japanese Audio Visual Cultural Association
- Japanese Conversation Club
- Ju-Jutsu Club
- Kappa Pi Beta Fraternity, Inc
- Korea Campus Crusade for Christ
- Korean American Student Association
- Korean Graduate Student Association
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a 39 years old public research university in Chicago, Illinois. UIC is one of the largest universities in Chicago, with more than 33,000 students across its 16 colleges. This is among those universities in the USA which is categorized as “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”.
The University is ranked 212th as per US News World Rankings 2021 and is making rapid strides in the field of education. UIC currently offers about 86 undergraduate courses, 110 master’s courses, and 66 doctoral courses.
The university offers more than 70 various specializations at undergraduate and postgraduate levels like – architecture, the arts, design, education, engineering, health sciences, liberal arts, life sciences, public health, business management, urban and public affairs.
The University of Illinois campus spans over 244 acres. The campus is nicely placed and located in such a way that at the east, students will find the corner of Halsted and Harrison streets. You can find the Illinois Medical District at the heart of the west side of campus. Students can also explore the exciting University Village (a popular spot for students) just south of Roosevelt Road.
|Times Higher Education 2021||251 – 300|
|U.S. News 2021||212|
|ARWU 2020||66 – 94|
|US News Ranking 2021||112|
|QS National Rankings 2020||43|
|Times Higher Education Ranking 2021||89|
|Type of Institute||Public Research|
|Programs offered||Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, loans, grants, on-campus employment|
|Budget||3.4 Billion USD (2020)|
|School Colors||Red and Blue|
University of Illinois Campus
- The UIC campus stretches up to 244 contiguous acres, covering lavish lawns, halls, a recreational complex, and classroom buildings.
- A student center is a place where students can meet, play, study, eat, and hang out with their friends.
- UIC preserved and rebuilt the Hull House dining hall and established the museum to preserve the legacy of Jane Addams. The house features exhibits while the dining hall frequently hosts events.
- Moreover, UIC hosts a free, exclusive back-to-school concert just for students each fall called Spark in the Park.
- The university has a gym and a Starbucks cafe on the premises. The UIC Flames compete in 20 NCAA Division 1 sports in the Horizon League, which includes ten public and private institutions.
- Nearly 1/3rd of students live within 1 one-and-a-half-mile of campus.
- The campus has been recently renovated with an influx of resources worth 550 million USD.
Thus, it is one of the best universities to study in the USA.
University of Illinois Residence
- The University of Illinois has 7 residence halls available for the students.
- The residential area is spread out across 151,000 square feet, a 10-story building, a fitness center, a huge academic lounge, laundry, a study area, and a sky lounge. Over 550 students are accommodated here.
- Over 15 percent of the students elect campus housing. There are over 800 bike racks around campus to make bike commuting easy and convenient.
- The Intracampus Bus line helps you travel from the east to west side of campus and vice versa.
- The residential area is split into the East, South, and West area, with individual housing buildings at each corner.
- Some of the housing buildings are the Academic & Residence Complex, Courtyard, Marie Robinson Hall, Single Student Residence, and Polk Street Residence.
- Students have the choice to pick in-house/apartment housing from the ample options available within a mile of the campus.
- Freshers can apply for housing at the beginning of their term via the Campus housing application.
University of Illinois Programs
- The University of Illinois offers 86 bachelor’s degrees, 111 master’s degrees, and 66 doctoral degrees through its 16 colleges, in addition to the university’s specialized Honors College (for undergraduates) and the omnibus Graduate College (for graduate students).
- The University of Illinois at Chicago’s program curriculum includes 111 master’s degrees, 86 bachelor’s degrees, and 66 doctoral degrees, through over 100 diverse courses.
- Arts, social science, computing, law, and engineering are some of the leading disciplines, taught by the academic staff of 2,821 teachers.
- If you want to study MBA in the USA, you can fulfill the wish by studying at this university in the USA.
- The student-faculty ratio is 18:1 and 88 percent of full-time faculty hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, and 76 percent of tenured faculty teach undergraduate courses.
- In the summer session, more than 300 courses — in nearly 50 subject areas — are available in either a four- or eight-week session, offering the flexibility and options you need.
University of Illinois Application Process
The application process for admission at the University of Illinois is briefly described below:
Application Portal: The Common Application
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Early Action Deadline: November 1
- Regular Decision: February 1.
- Percentage of international students: 12.1%
- Standardized test scores: 1470-1570; ACT Composite: 33-35
- High school/college GPA of entering students (Both UG and PG): UG: 4.0.
- Graduation rate: 57.9%, student retention rate: 80.0%
- Official Mark sheets
- Personal Essay
- English proficiency scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- updated resume.
- SAT scores or ACT scores
University of Illinois Cost of Attendance
The table below represents the estimated budget for international students for studying in the institute. The costs may vary according to personal needs. The table below is for Undergraduates for the academic year 2020-21.
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and fees||34,344|
University of Illinois Financial Aid
A number of financial aid options are available for students at the institute including scholarships, grants, and on-campus employment. More than 3,200 students work on-campus, while others work near the Chicago-land area or return to a job at home during break periods to pay for college.
Some prominent scholarships available to international students are:
|Sigma Xi Research Society||Astronomy and vision-related research||October 1|
|East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship||Masters and Doctoral funding for Asian, Pacific, and US students in areas of politics, education, health, and other subjects.||December 1|
|AESF Scholarship||Undergraduate and Graduate students studying material science, chemical engineering, environmental engineering, etc.||February 28|
|Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship||Students Graduating in music, art, or architecture.||December 1|
|The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund||Students from developing countries, studying in the US. Amount: 12,000 USD||January 15|
|Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund||Undergraduate and graduate students studying/pursuing social justice and activism.||April 1|
Check More: Scholarships in the USA
University of Illinois Alumni Network
Alumni of the University of Illinois become part of the UIC Alumni Association (UICAA), which has over 285,000 members.
- As an alumnus, one can enjoy a number of perks such as:
- Access to health care, libraries, and fitness facilities
- Discounted family-friendly services and facilities
- Resources to support business and leadership development
- Unique experiences such as UIC sporting events, Jane Addams Hull-House Museum, and live theatre
- Opportunities to pursue continuing education courses and certificate programs
- The club receives resources and internal support as fresh graduates navigate their way into the world.
- A few notable alumni: Bobby Rush—U.S. Representative; Michael Gross—American television actor; Tony Podesta—American lobbyist.
University of Illinois Placements
- The University of Illinois offers tremendous career services to students at all levels.
- The services include career advising, resume, CV or cover letter tips, career exploration, etc.
- This summer, UIC officials became a Handshake school, and all the students registered for fall 2020 are automatically Registered on the portal as well.
- According to PayScale, the average salary of University of Illinois graduates is around 70,000 USD per year.
- As per the data provided by the First Destination Survey for the class of 2017, we can see that 51% of students responded and 75.7% of respondents are employed, continuing their education, participating in a volunteer/service program, or serving in the military.