Last Updated on January 18, 2023
If you haven’t been able to find all the relevant information about university of hohenheim international students, don’t worry. The following article will provide you with the necessary information about university of hohenheim international students.
Collegelearners contains extensive information about university of hohenheim acceptance rate, university of hohenheim fees, university of hohenheim ranking, universities in stuttgart and university of hohenheim online application.
About the Program
The University of Hohenheim is located in beautiful Stuttgart, Germany. Known as the home of Porsche, Mercedes and Bosch, Stuttgart is known for luxurious sports cars and the high technical quality of its products. Beyond the car industry, Stuttgart is one of the most international cities in Europe and has a wide variety of opportunities for university students.
The University of Hohenheim is considered an “Ivy League” school for agricultural and environmental sciences in Europe and is the number one university in Germany for agricultural research and food sciences. Their focus is on finding solutions for global challenges through research, innovation and teaching.
Each year, Hohenheim reserves two Baden-Württemberg scholarships for €2,500 each! These scholarships are reserved for CAES students and will cover the majority of monthly, in-country expenses like housing and meals. The University of Hohenheim manages this scholarship application and CAES students must first be accepted to the exchange program before applying for the scholarship.
UGA students can choose from several English-taught courses at Hohenheim in three faculty areas of agricultural sciences, natural sciences and business, economics and social sciences.
Examples of Courses Taught in English:
- Crop Sciences
- Environmental Protection and Agricultural Food Production
- Environmental Science
- Food Science and Engineering
- International Business and Economics
- Landscape Ecology
- Organic Agriculture and Food Systems
How to Apply:
- Schedule an appointment with Amanda Newquist for exchange semester advising
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor
- Apply on the Study Away Portal (you must first be accepted by UGA)
- If accepted, UGA will nominate you for a semester at Hohenheim and you will begin the application process with Hohenheim
- Two €2,500 scholarships are available each year to CAES students
- Students pay UGA in-state tuition and fees (HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships will cover this cost); out-of-state students also pay in-state tuition
- Cost of living
International Travel Scholarship
Application ClosedApplication Deadline: March 1, 2021International travel scholarships are available to support CAES student travel to study abroad programs and international internship programs. Students may apply in one of two application cycles, according to their departure date. Students departing on an international program during the current fall semester or spring semester of the following year should apply between August 1 – November 1. Students departing during the Maymester or summer semester should apply between December 1 – March 1. Applications received by the deadline date will be given full consideration.