Last Updated on January 18, 2023
The internet sometimes produces certain information that are not necessarily proven. So, if you have been searching online for the latest information on University of Dundee Acceptance Rate, the article below brings you all you need to know. All you have to do is read on.
You will also discover the best related posts on tuskegee vet school requirements, easiest vet school to get into australia, easiest veterinary schools to get into uk, vet school requirements, how to get into vet school with bad grades, hardest vet school to get into, ross vet school & cheapest vet schools on infolearners.
University of Dundee 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The University of Dundee, UK is home to ten schools offering programs over graduate and postgraduate levels. These schools are – School of Business, School of Dentistry, School of Education and Social Work, School of Humanities, School of Life Sciences, School of Medicine, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, School of Science and Engineering, School of Social Sciences, and Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design.
- The University of Dundee accepts two intake sessions, Semester 1 and Semester 2.
- Semester 1 takes place from September to December and Semester 2 takes place from January to May.
- The University of Dundee charges an application fee of 20-26 Pounds.
- The undergraduates can apply through UCAS, whereas the graduates are required to apply through the online portal for Admission at the University of Dundee.
- At the University of Dundee, scholarships, loans, and financial aid are also available for international students.
- The acceptance rate for the University of Dundee is 38%.
- The university is quite selective in its admission process. It is not very easy to get admission to the University of Dundee.
- International students need to meet additional admission related requirements while applying at the University of Dundee.
- The average SAT score required is 1200, while average ACT score is 27
- An average GPA of 3.0 is needed.
- The undergraduates are urged to apply through UCAS, whereas the graduates are required to apply through the college portal.
Following are the tests that are temporarily accepted due to the Coronavirus pandemic:
- Duo Lingo
- TOEFL (iBT) Home Edition
In the wake of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19), following are the steps taken by the University:
- There will be social distancing norms set in place, face masks & personal protective equipment must be used, and there shall be regular cleaning.
- The sessions shall begin with a hybrid teaching approach of partly online and partly in-person.
- Other precautions such as smaller group classes, regulated library access, Virtual Learning Environment will be adopted as well.
|Admission portal||Common App; UCAS; Online|
|Application fee||Single Choice: 20 pound;
Multiple Choice: 2021 entry: 26 pound
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Mode of payment||Credit or Debit Card, Bank Transfer|
|Intake sessions||Semester 1 (September to December)
Semester 2 (January to May)
|International Student Percentage||22%|
University of Dundee Admission Deadlines
Applicants must ensure to submit their documents prior to the deadline date for Admission at the University of Dundee. The university takes more time in proceeding with international applications therefore, it is advised to students to make sure they make timely submission of all their documents. The university holds three rounds of admission for each semester.
The deadlines for the latest intake sessions are as follows:
|Course||Deadline (for International applicants)|
|For Undergraduate applicants (through UCAS Portal)||Apply by June 30, 2021 at 18:00 (UK time)|
|For Postgraduate applicants||Apply by September 1, 2021 at 23:59 (UK time)|
University of Dundee International Student Admissions
University accepts international students for numerous UG and PG courses provided they have completed their application within the deadlines and submitted the additional documents required.
Admission Portal: Common Application; or UCAS; or Online
- Single Choice: 20 pound
- Multiple Choice:
- 2021 entry: 26 pound
- Complete application
- Official High School Transcripts
- Relevant Test Scores
- Copy of Passport
- Personal essay
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of Nationality
- Proof of Address
English Proficiency Test Scores for International Students
International students who are looking forward to applying to the University of Dundee must demonstrate their proficiency in English.
International English Language Qualifications:
|India||Minimum Grade in English Element:
Lower & Standard
|Minimum Grade in English Element: Higher|
|Standard XII (when awarded by CBSE, CISCE and the following State Boards: Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Assam, Goa, Tamil Nadu)||70%||80%|
|Standard XII (when awarded by the following State Boards: Gujrat, Kerala, Andhra, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana)||80%||90%|
|China||a Chinese High School Graduation Certificate with 75% or HuiKao score of 75%.||an overall average grade of 75% or higher|
|Singapore||Singapore GCE A-Levels are considered equivalent to GCE A-Levels||A Bachelor (Honors) degree from Singapore with at least 60%/B/3.0|
|GCE A Level||C|
|GCE AS Level||C|
|GCE O Level||C or 4|
|GCSE/IGCSE English as a First Language||C or 4|
|GCSE/IGCSE English as a Second Language||B or 6|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||SL4 or HL4|
University of Dundee Visa process for International Students
To study in the United Kingdom, students can need to first decide which type of visa is required. Short-term study visa is valid up to 6 months for most short courses and can be extended up to 11 months for English language courses, whereas a Tier 4 Student Visa is used for a longer course.
You can apply for it three months in advance once you have been accepted into the college.
Following are the requirements for visa:
- Details of your passport
- A recent photograph
- Confirmation of Acceptance Studies (CAS) form by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor institute.
- Proof of financial support (bank statement/letter from your financial sponsor)
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme Certificate, (applicable if you are not an EEA/Swiss Student studying a sensitive subject)
- Biometric Residence Permit, if you have one
- Academic qualifications
Following are some optional/additional requirements that may be asked for:
- Original birth certificate (if parents are funding)
- Biometric test
- Medical vaccinations
- Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
- Written consent from parent/guardian (if below 18 years of age, or using their funds)
- Official translations of documents not in English
- Proof that you can apply from the country (if you are applying from a country you are not a citizen of)
Once your visa application is successful, you will get your passport back and you will have 30 days to enter the UK where you will book an appointment at a visa application center to submit your biometric information and documents. Make sure to print your UKVI checklist and take it to your appointment.
University of Dundee Undergraduate Admissions
Undergraduate admission at the University of Dundee generally have the same entry requirements with the exception of Dentistry and Medicine. The students applying for such programs are encouraged to take college prep courses in high school.
Admission portal: Common Application or UCAS or Online
Application fee: Single course- 20 pound
Multiple courses- 26 pound
- Complete application
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English Proficiency Score
- Valid Passport
- Some departments might have different requirements.
Country specific requirements for admission at University of Dundee
Here are the country-specific requirements for some countries for admission at the University of Dundee
|Country||Undergraduate Requirements||Graduate Requirements|
|India||High School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of 60%. (For Medicine or Dentistry minimum 85% overall.)||A bachelor’s degree with 55% or above.|
|Pakistan||High School Certificate (HSC) with minimum 75%.||A bachelor’s (hons.) degree with 2.6 GPA or above (on a 4.0 scale).|
|Nepal||Higher Secondary Education Certificate with 75% or above.||A 4-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum 70%.|
|Thailand||High School Certificate (HSC) with minimum GPA of 3.0/ 70%.||A 4-year bachelor’s degree with minimum GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).|
|Indonesia||Diploma II (D2) with an overall grade 7 or above.||A Sajarna degree (S1) with minimum GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).|
University of Dundee Graduate Admissions
Graduate admissions have their own entry requirements. Students can contact Admissions for other equivalent options. Letters of recommendation play a huge role and can give an applicant a boost in his application even with an average score sheet.
Admission portal: Online
- Complete application
- Official High School Transcripts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Universities of Mumbai, Calcutta, Delhi, IIT or IIM: 55% or above
- Other institutions in India: 60% or above
- Relevant Test Scores (SAT, ACT)
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Personal Statement
- Interview, if required
Following are details on some of the programs in this university:
|Requirements||Management and Entrepreneurship MSc||Nursing & Health MSc||Forensic Dentistry MSc||M. SC in International Banking||Psychological Therapy in Primary Care MSc|
|GMAT/GRE||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Essay/Personal Statement||Required||Not required||Not required||Required||Not required|
|Work Experience||Required||Recommended||Highly recommended||Required||Highly Recommended|
|Professional CV or Resume||Required||Recommended||Recommended||Required||Recommended|
|Letter of Recommendation||Recommended||Recommended||Recommended||Recommended||Recommended|
|Interview||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not require|
The University takes into consideration multiple factors such as your curriculum, ranks, GPA, profile, relevant test scores, letters of recommendations, work experiences, extra-curricular activities showing leadership qualities, so on and so forth. Students must apply as soon as possible due to the limited number of seats. It is important that you showcase your skills through your personal essay, add any extracurricular in your resume so as to stand out.