Last Updated on August 12, 2022
We’re profiling the best performing arts programs in the U.S. and beyond when it comes to Cincinnati conservatory of music. What should you look for when choosing the right school for you especially if you are a performing art student. What opportunities await students during their studies when coming to Cincinnati conservatory of music. Are you keen on finding information related to Cincinnati conservatory of music faculty & Cincinnati conservatory of music majors. Learn everything you need to know right here!
We did some digging ourselves and found conservatory of music ranking, Cincinnati conservatory of music alumni, so that you, too, can realize your dream. You can get all the information on university of Cincinnati college, University of Cincinnati college conservatory of music tuition conveniently, so obtain this information on Collegelearners. Collegelearners addresses any questions you have about Cincinnati conservatory of music majors so you don’t have to go into a futile hunt anymore.
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
The University of Cincinnati College is a prestigious institution of learning known for its numerable degree offers. CCM offers offers nine degree types (BA, BM, BFA, MFA, MM, MA, AD, DMA, PhD) in more than 100 possible majors. The synergy created by housing CCM within a comprehensive public university gives the college its unique character and defines its objective: to educate and inspire the whole artist and scholar for positions on the world’s stage.
CCM’s educational roots date back to 1867, and a solid, visionary instruction has been at its core since that time. The synergy created by housing CCM within a comprehensive public university gives the college its unique character and defines its objective: to educate and inspire the whole artist and scholar for positions on the world’s stage.
CCM’s faculty and staff and its state-of-the-art facilities make possible the professional training and exceptional education on which CCM believes the future of the arts relies. The school’s roster of eminent faculty regularly receives distinguished honors for creative and scholarly work, and its alumni have achieved notable success in the performing and media arts.
Programs offered by the University of Cincinnati include undergraduate majors and graduate degrees through its 14 colleges of Arts and Sciences, Allied Health Sciences, Business, Music, Design, Architecture, Art & Planning, Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services, Engineering & Applied Science, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy. It has a Graduate School to cater to all the graduate programs. Specific and cross-disciplinary areas of focus include analytics, digital media, precision cancer medicine, water, and urban futures.
The University of Cincinnati has made the SAT/ACT score optional due to COVID 19, and will not require submission of SAT or ACT scores from students applying for undergraduate admission during the Fall 2021 and Fall 2022 semesters.
- It invites admissions in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Admitted applicants in the last admission cycle had the following profile:
- Average SAT Composite: 1120-1350
- Average ACT Composite: 23 – 29
- International applicants must submit English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent).
- International applicants are required to pay an additional surcharge of 5 USD in the application fee.
- It believes in a holistic evaluation of applications, thus Essay, Recommendations, and Extra-Curricular activities record play an important role in application evaluation.
CCM’s world-class facilities provide a highly creative and multidisciplinary artistic environment. In 2017, the college completed a $15-million renovation of its major performance spaces, ensuring that CCM’s facilities remain state-of-the-art.
The school’s roster of eminent faculty regularly receives distinguished honors for creative and scholarly work, and its alumni have achieved notable success in the performing and media arts.
University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music is 26%. In other words, of 100 students who apply, only 26 are admitted. All applicants are required to submit an application for admission to the University of Cincinnati before gaining access to upload pre-screening materials.
More than 150 internationally recognized faculty members work with students from around the world, specializing in:
- Electronic Media,
- Ensembles and Conducting (Choral Studies, Jazz Studies, Commercial Music Production, Orchestral Studies and Wind Studies),
- Keyboard Studies (Harpsichord, Organ and Piano),
- Music Education,
- Performance Studies (Strings, Voice and Woodwinds/Brass/Percussion) and
- Theatre Arts, Production and Arts Administration (Acting, Arts Administration, Dance, Musical Theatre, Opera and Theatre Design and Production).
University of Cincinnati Highlights
|Application Portal||UG- Common Application PG- Official Website of the university|
|Application Fee||UG- 100 USD PG- varies as per program selected|
|Mode of Payment||Visa/MasterCard Credit Card|
|SAT Score Range||1190-1400|
|ACT Score Range||23-28|
|Student to faculty ratio||16:1|
|International Student Population||7.5%|
|Academic Calendar||Semester wise|
|Interview Requirements||Depends on course requirements|
|Work Experience||Highly recommended for MBA aspirants|
|Financial Aid||Available for International Students|
|International Admissions||Contact UC|
Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music – Campus
Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music is recognized as one of the most beautiful campuses in the US by Forbes. Similarly, the New York Times has rated the campus as the “most ambitious campus-design program in the country.”
The University Campus includes diverse academic settings, state-of-the-art labs, green pastures, and winding pathways, inculcating intellectual thinking in the students. The campus has the following facilities:
- Campus facilities such as Parking, ATMs, and Dining are available at the University of Cincinnati.
- The University of Cincinnati also provides housing facilities in the form of residence halls.
- The campus has sophisticated labs and unlimited fast internet connectivity for the students.
- The campus also has 24*7 security facilities and healthcare services.
On account of the COVID-19 pandemic, the university has followed all the SOPs to maintain all safety measures like sanitization, social distancing, etc., to prevent any infection. The university has also launched for the students a UIC COVID App to self-assess themselves.
- The University resides in 16 residence halls for the purpose of housing on campus.
- Common amenities that are available in most of the halls are floor kitchen, beds, kitchenettes, study lounges, and a big-screen TV.
- The housing option is open to all students, including gender preferences.
- All students have access to housing services’ food service.
- The University is following all the COVID-19 norms in the residential halls to keep the virus at bay.
University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music Majors
- Music Theory
Ensembles and Conducting
- Choral Studies
- Commercial Music Production
- Jazz Studies
- Orchestral Studies
- Wind Studies
Theatre Arts, Production and Arts Administration
- Arts Administration
- Musical Theatre
- Theatre Design and Production
University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music Ranking
Multiple departments at CCM have ranked nationally among university programs for a graduate music degree, including its opera/voice program, its conducting program, French horn, music composition and drama programs. CCM holds the #2 spot on Playbill’s list of “10 Most Represented Colleges on Broadway,” behind New York University. In 2011, CCM was recognized as Ohio’s first and only Center of Excellence in Music and Theatre Arts by the Ohio Board of Regents. In 2019, CCM’s Jazz Studies program was named the inaugural college affiliate of Jazz at Lincoln Center, which allowed nearly two dozen students and faculty members to accompany Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra on an international residency in São Paulo, Brazil, from June 22–30, 2019
university of cincinnati college conservatory of music faculty
Nationally ranked and internationally renowned, the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) is a preeminent institution for the performing and media arts.
- Division of Composition, Musicology and Theory
- Division of Ensembles and Conducting
- Division of Keyboard Studies
- Division of Music Education
- Division of Performance Studies
University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music Admission
The acceptance rate at University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory Of Music is 26%. In other words, of 100 students who apply, only 26 are admitted.
All applicants are required to submit an application for admission to the University of Cincinnati before gaining access to upload pre-screening materials.
- Undergraduate Applicants: You are required to enter your University of Cincinnati application reference number, which you will receive upon submitting your application for admission. You can locate your application reference number by accessing your University of Cincinnati Application Status Page. Current or former UC students applying for a change in college or readmission should enter their M-Number instead.
- Graduate Applicants: You are required to enter your University of Cincinnati application ID number, which you will receive via email upon submitting your application for admission.
- November 15: Priority deadline for submission of pre-screening materials
- December 1: Final deadline for all pre-screening and admission application materials. Your application must be fully complete by this deadline to receive admission and scholarship consideration.
- January 2: Deadline to complete an application for the MA/MBA in Arts Administration
Applications for Fall 2020
- Undergraduate: 2,271
- Graduate: 1,271
Admitted Student Statistics for Fall 2020
- Average GPA: 3.56/4.0
- Average SAT: 1270*
- Average ACT: 28*
- Average GPA: 3.59/4.0
* The University of Cincinnati is test optional for its Fall 2021-22 admissions cycles.
Male/Female Student Ratio (All Enrolled Students)
- Full Time: 112
- Part Time: 141
College Enrollment for 2019-20 (All Enrolled Students)
- Total: 1,426
- Undergraduate: 824
- Graduate: 602
College Enrollment for 2019-20 (Full-Time Equivalency)
- Total: 1,271
- Undergraduate: 778
- Graduate: 493
If you are currently enrolled in a University of Cincinnati college and wish to apply for admission to a program in a different University of Cincinnati college, you are considered a transition student and should work with the Transfer & Transition Advising Center to complete the transition process.
If you have attended the University of Cincinnati before and would like to attend again and have not attended any other institutions between your time at Cincinnati and now, you should complete the application for readmission.
Non-degree Seeking Students
If you would like to take classes but not earn a degree, you should complete the Basic Data Form.
If you are seeking admission to one of the University of Cincinnati’s graduate programs, please visit The Graduate School for more information.
College Credit Plus (CCP)
If you are a current high school student wishing to take classes at the University of Cincinnati as part of the College Credit Plus program, please visit the College Credit Plus.
University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music Audition requirements
How do I apply to University of Cincinnati?
- Application Information. Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) Application Requirements. First-Year.
- Self-Guided Visit. Facility Access. Down the Drive. Students Tell All.
- Undergraduate Admissions Decision Appeal Process. Test-Optional Admission. Test-Optional FAQ. Test Plan Choice.
- Out of State Representatives.
University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music Tuition
Undergraduate Tuition w/ Fees for 2019-20
- Ohio Resident: $13,160
- Metropolitan Rate: $13,760
- Non-Resident: $28,494
Graduate Tuition w/ Fees for 2019-20
- Ohio Resident: $15,968
- Metropolitan Rate: $16,468
- Non-Resident: $27,710
University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music – Financial Aid and Scholarships
International students can avail some of the scholarship options to study in the USA. We have however mentioned the two scholarship programs available for international students.
UC Global Scholarship
Two merit-based scholarships in the name of UC Global scholarship and International Outreach scholarship. The amount awarded is $8,000 for each academic year. The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled to be allowed the award.
- Applicants must have completed high school from any US or foreign school.
- SAT of 1130 is a must.
- ACT of 23 is a must.
- IELTS score must be 6.5 overall.
The following deadlines are:
- August 1 – December 1: For General Talent
- December 2 – February 1: For Exceptional Talent
- February 2 – April 1: Based on Funding Ability
The Graduate Incentive Award is for students to cover their full-time and part-time tuition expenses. There is the Graduate Assistantship program which allows students to work on the campus in exchange for money. Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their strict eligibility norms.
However, one can always opt for privately-funded aid. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
Other scholarship options are mentioned below:
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music Noted alumni
- Christy Altomare (B.F.A. Musical Theatre ’08) – Originating the title role in the 2017 Broadway bound Anastasia, Sophie in Mamma Mia! (Broadway), and Wendla in the National Tour of Spring Awakening
- Kathleen Battle (B.M. Music Education – 1970) – Soprano known for her roles at the Metropolitan Opera and other leading opera houses.
- Shoshana Bean (B.F.A. Musical Theatre – 1999) – known for her role in Wicked as Elphaba.
- Ashley Brown (B.F.A. Musical Theatre – 2004) – known for the title role in Broadway production of Mary Poppins
- Elizabeth Brown (B.M. – 1975) – contemporary composer and performer
- Kristy Cates (B.F.A. Musical Theatre – 1999) – Wicked
- Kim Criswell (B.F.A. Musical Theatre – 1979)
- David Daniels (B.M. Vocal Performance) – Countertenor of international fame.
- David P. DeVenney Professor of music and director of choral activities, West Chester University School of Music.
- Stephen Flaherty (B.M. Composition – 1982) – Tony Award-winning composer of Ragtime
- Tennessee Ernie Ford (1939) – composer, singer (baritone), radio announcer, television host and author.
- Sara Gettelfinger (Actress; B.F.A. Musical Theatre – 1999)