Last Updated on February 25, 2022
Choosing a university requires careful consideration of certain factors, such as accommodation costs, school acceptance rates, school graduation rates, tuition fees, entry requirements, etc. When planning on going to the University of Central Lancashire, you should consider their ranking. Check out the article below to learn more.
Read on to get the best & latets information on university of central lancashire ranking, university of central lancashire ranking 2020, university of central lancashire fees, university of central lancashire acceptance rate & university of central lancashire medicine ranking. You will also find related posts on university of central lancashire ranking on infolearners.
Affiliated to the University Alliance, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is a government-run institution offering higher education, based in the city of Preston. Initially known as the Harris Art College, UCLan has its roots in the institution for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge, set up in the year 1828. The institution then operated in a classical-revivalist building located on Cannon Street. UCLan went through various names and structural changes over the years and adopted its current name in 1992 after the Privy Council granted it university status.
UCLan’s main campus in Preston consists of top-notch teaching, recreation, and accommodation facilities. The university also operates satellite campuses in Cumbria, Cyprus, and Burnley. The Engineering Innovation Centre is a major teaching and exhibition space that houses four flight simulators and numerous specialist labs. The Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre has indoor facilities for individual training and instructor-led classes. The building also has a gym, which is accessible to students who have sports memberships. The faith and spirituality centre, named Oasis, which opened in 2018, has multiple faith rooms and events and counselling spaces. The campus also features a range of social spaces like table tennis tables, pool tables, and a bean bag area.
Media Factory consists of a business incubator and digital media facilities, including newspapers, TV and radio stations. Other facilities and services on the campus include a medical center, professional photographic studios, clinical simulation suites, and recording rooms. Apart from this, UCLan has a new reception building, named the Student Centre and New Square, under construction, which will be completed by 2021. The building will house several office spaces, meeting rooms, event venues, student services, and a rooftop garden.
The academic structure of UCLan is categorised into several schools offering over 400 undergraduate and over 200 postgraduate programmes, either part-time or full-time. The university offers career-oriented education in various disciplines such as arts, engineering, applied and biomedical sciences, business and management, psychology, social science, community service, design and fashion, medicine and nursing, language and global studies, journalism, media studies, and sports. UCLan is a diverse community of about 30,000 students from over 100 countries across the globe, of which 58% are females and 48% are males.
UCLan has a comprehensive list of alumni who are successful leaders and award winners in their respective professional domains. Ranvir Singh (Journalist and TV Presenter), Nina Hossain (News Broadcaster), Polly Billington (Former BBC Journalist), Kerry Wilkinson (Sports Journalist and Author), Duncan Glen (Former Graphic Design Lecturer), Ewan McKendrick (Former Lecturer in Private Law), Michael Thomas (Professor), Angela Wakefield (Fine Artist), Jim Bamber (Cartoonist and Artist), Isioma Daniel (Nigerian Journalist) and Victoria Derbyshire (Award-winning Journalist) are the few notable names in the list.
University Rankings#801-1000World University Ranking
– QS 2021#801-1000University Ranking
– THE (Times Higher Education) 2021#70University Ranking (UK)
– The Complete University Guide 2021#79University Rankings
– The Guardian 2021#1089Global Universities
– US News & World Report 2021Course RankingsBusiness Courses#501-600PG Business and Economics
– THE (Times Higher Education) 2021#66Accounting & Finance Ranking
– The Complete University Guide 2021#67Business & Management Studies (UK)
– The Complete University Guide 2021#48Accounting & Finance Rankings
– The Guardian 2021#22Business, Management & Marketing
– The Guardian 2021Engineering Courses#40Civil Engineering Ranking
– The Complete University Guide 2021#22Chemical Engineering Ranking
– The Complete University Guide 2017#42Electrical & Electronic Engineering
– The Complete University Guide 2021#38Mechanical Engineering Ranking
– The Complete University Guide 2021#49Mechanical Engineering
– The Guardian 2021#54Electronic & Electrical Engineering
– The Guardian 2021#25Civil Engineering
– The Guardian 2021Computers Courses#99Computer Science
– The Complete University Guide 2021
university of central lancashire ranking 2020
UCLan enrolls students from over 100 countries and has partnerships with 125 international institutions located across the world. Each year over 2,000 international students study at the University’s Preston Campus.
UCLan was the first modern university in the UK to be included in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings. In 2013 QS awarded UCLan the full five stars for its approach to ‘Internationalisation’ with a proven track record for specialising in all aspects of international educational provision.
UCLan has over 3,000 students enrolled offshore, across a diverse range of countries including China, Greece, India, Mauritius, Singapore and the USA.
In 2012 the University opened UCLan Cyprus, a €53 million branch campus in Larnaka, Cyprus. It is the only private British university in Cyprus.
In 2013, following receipt of Chinese Ministry of Education approval and together with its partner Hebei University (HBU), the UCLan established the ‘Hebei/UCLan School of Media, Communication and Creative Industries’.
Initially the joint School will have non-independent status, meaning that although it will be a separate entity from HBU it will be wholly owned by it. The School will have 800 students, recruiting 200 per year for the four-year duration of the programmes. The intention is to grow to 1,600 students and then to focus on a broader range of subjects, targeting science in the second wave. When successfully operating at the expanded level, the School will apply for independent campus status.
|Times / Sunday Times (2022)||108|
|British Government assessment|
|Teaching Excellence Framework||Silver|
UCLan is in the top 3.7% of universities worldwide according to The Centre for World University Rankings 2016 (CWUR).
UCLan is in the top 800 universities globally according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
university of central lancashire ranking
University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is ranked 801 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education and has an overall score of 4.3 stars, according to student reviews on Studyportals, the best place to find out how students rate their study and living experience at universities from all over the world.
University World Rankings
World University Rankings by Times Higher Education 8012022 8012021 8012020
QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities 8012022 8012021 8012020
Best Global Universities Rankings by U.S. News & World Report-2022 10892021 9842020
university of central lancashire ranking 2021
University of Central Lancashire is ranked #1175 in Best Global Universities. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
University of Central Lancashire Rankings
- #1175inBest Global Universities (tie)
- #454inBest Global Universities in Europe (tie)
- #77inBest Global Universities in the United Kingdom
University of Central Lancashire Subject Rankings
- #819inClinical Medicine (tie)
- #238inSpace Science (tie
university of central lancashire acceptance rate
University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is a learning community devoted to excellence and innovation that offers admissions to diverse fields like Medical Sciences, Psychology, Business, Law, Arts and Sciences, etc. The university is one of the UK’s largest and has been on the forefront of developing degrees in emerging disciplines such as Fashion and Forensic Science to an evolving portfolio of Dentistry programs. The academic functions at University of Central Lancashire are classified into 20 academic schools that are covered under five faculties.
International students pursue 400undergraduate coursesand more than 200 graduate programs at University of Central Lancashire to international students. With an acceptance rate of 22.4%, the institute is a highly selective university that considers records of academic achievement of great importance while offering admissions. For both undergraduate and graduate programs, the university commences the application procedure on September 1 and closes the application portal on December 1. Applicants may upload the supporting documents while making the online application on their official website.
The selection to a range of programs at the institute is merit-based.The applicants are evaluated on the basis of previous academic records and professional experiences.Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope or must be electronically mailed for all educational institutions attended. Every year, majority of the students are assisted with a financial aid package in the form of bursaries and scholarships to study in UK.
|Application Portal||UG: UCAS|
PG: UCLan Application Portal
|Application Fee (International Applicants)||GBP 18 for a single course; GBP 24 for multiple courses (Only for undergraduate programs applied through UCAS)|
|Mode of Payment||Credit or debit cards|
|Work Experience||Required for Graduate Programs|
|Financial Aid||Bursaries and Scholarships available|
university of central lancashire courses
- Accounting & Business
- Accounting & Finance
- Accounting & Financial Studies
- Aerospace Engineering (4 Years)
- Aerospace Engineering (5 Years)
- Aerospace Engineering with Pilot Studies (4 Years)
- Aerospace Engineering with Pilot Studies (5 Years)
- Applied Community & Social Care Studies
- Art & Design
- Asia Pacific Studies
- Astrophysics (4 Years)
- Astrophysics (5 Years)
- Biomedical Science
- Bioveterinary Sciences
- British Sign Language & Deaf Studies
- Building Services & Sustainable Engineering
- Building Surveying
- Business & Management
- Business & Marketing
- Chemistry (4 Years)
- Chemistry (5 Years)
- Children, Schools & Families (Graduate Practitioner)
- Civil Engineering
- Community Leadership
- Computer Games Development (4 Years)
- Computer Games Development (5 Years)
- Computer Networks & Security
- Computer Networks & Security (Sandwich Option)
- Computer Science
- Construction Project Management
- Counselling, Coaching & Psychological Interventions
- Cyber Security
- Deaf Studies & Education
- Education & History
- Education & Psychology
- Education & Sociology
- Education Studies
- Electronic Engineering (4 Years)
- Electronic Engineering (5 Years)
- Energy Engineering
- English Language & Creative Writing
- English Language & Linguistics
- English Language & Literature
- English Literature
- English Literature & Creative Writing
- English Literature & History
- Event Management
- Facilities Management
- Fire & Leadership Studies
- Fire Engineering (4 Years)
- Fire Engineering (5 Years)
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Football Studies
- Forensic Science
- Games Design
- Health & Social Care (2 Years)
- Health & Social Care (3 Years)
- History & Politics
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- International Hospitality Management
- International Journalism
- International Tourism Management
- Mathematics (4 Years)
- Mathematics (5 Years)
- Mechanical Engineering (4 Years)
- Mechanical Engineering (5 Years)
- Media & Television Production
- Medical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
- Modern Languages
- Motorsports Engineering (4 Years)
- Motorsports Engineering (5 Years)
- Nutrition & Exercise Sciences
- Oil & Gas Safety Engineering
- Outdoor Adventure Leadership
- Performance Analysis and Talent Management
- Physics (4 Years)
- Physics (5 Years)
- Physics with Astrophysics
- Physiology & Pharmacology
- Policing & Criminal Investigation
- Professional Policing
- Quantity Surveying
- Religion, Culture & Society
- Robotics Engineering (4 Years)
- Robotics Engineering (5 Years)
- Screenwriting with Film, TV and Radio
- Sexual Health
- Software Engineering
- Sport & Exercise Science
- Sport & Physical Education
- Sports Business Management
- Sports Coaching & Development
- Sports Coaching & Performance
- Sports Journalism
- Sports Therapy
- Strength & Conditioning
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and/with Modern Languages
- Youth Work & Community Practice