Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Situated in Bremen, Germany, the University of Bremen is a medium sized institute with around 20,000 students. The university offers more than 100 programs at bachelor’s and master’s level. The university is a part of Young universities for future of Europe (YUFE) along with other seven universities in Europe which focus upon research-based learning and developing a new model for higher education in Europe. The university has 2,300 academic staff including researchers. The strategy of the university is to be ‘Ambitious and Agile’ and is among the eleven universities that hold the title ‘University of Excellence’, making it one of the best universities to study in Germany.
Collegelearners affords you unrestricted access to relevant information on University of Stuttgart ranking, University of Hamburg ranking, University of Potsdam ranking, amongst others. Endeavor to visit our catalog for more information on related topics.
university of bremen ranking 2021
- The Times higher education (THE) young university ranking has ranked University of Bremen at 41st position globally and at 7th position in Germany.
- The QS world university rankings has ranked the university at 530th rank of all participating universities worldwide.
- In Germany, the University of Bremen is ranked number 1 by the QS World university rankings in the Young Universities Category (under 50 years age).
- DFG Funding atlas 2018 has ranked the Geo-Sciences discipline of University of Bremen at 1st position in terms of research and public funding.
university of bremen masters in english
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and graduate – masters & doctoral|
|Annual Budget||470 Million EUR|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|
|International student population||13%|
|Academic calendar||Semester (Winter and Summer)|
|International Admission helpdesk||+49 (0)421 218-61002|
- With more than 11 faculties, the university of Bremen offers 100+ programs.
- The University of Bremen has a green campus located at the heart of the technology park in Bremen-Horn.
- Seminar halls, lecture halls, research facilities, cafes and shops are within close proximity of the university. There are multiple shopping facilities, banks and insurance companies on campus.
- The university also has a central library and several sub-libraries for reading.
- There are learning spaces where students can book room for project and group works.
- All students have the option to live in a student residence, shared flat or with parents.
- There are many options for accommodation for international students in Germany.
- Student service bureau and private providers offer individual and shared housing options.
- The university has six hostels in different parts of the city. One of them can be chosen as per requirement and availability.
- Dormitories are available on campus as well as in close reach outside of campus. The studierendenwerk Bremen provides student residence close to campus.
- Housing agencies like Goveler have collaboration with the university. They provide housing at a reasonable price nearby campus. Private room search is available on the official website.
- All exchange students are provided with housing facilities on campus run by the International Office.
university of bremen courses
- Bremen University offers bachelors and master degrees in English as the medium of teaching as well as other foreign languages.
- Dual degree programs are also offered in collaboration with other universities.
- There are 12 faculties in the university offering more than 100 programs in bachelors, master, doctoral, dual-degrees and pre-professional degrees.
- Some bachelor programs offered in English language are B.A. in English speaking cultures; master programs such as M.Sc. in space engineering, space sciences & technology, biochemistry & molecular biology, digital media, ecology, marine biology, marine biosciences; MA in English speaking cultures, digital media & society and much more.
- The university offers courses in German language such as MBA, Masters in computer science, Mathematics, Engineering, Neurosciences; Bachelors in Business studies, Biology, Chemistry, engineering, geography, Physics and much more.
- Undergraduate international students should apply to uni-assist first for preliminary review documentation (VPD) and then should send the certificate issued by Uni-assist along with other documents to the university through the university online portal.
- Uni-assist takes four weeks to view your application, hence apply in advance so that you get the certificates and submit it to university well before deadlines.
- For masters and doctoral entry, application is made online directly to the university website.
- Application form and deadlines:
- Application fee: 75 EUR
- Graduate: University website
- Undergraduate: Uni-assist – University application portal after VPD
- Application deadline:
- Summer semester: January 15
- Winter semester: July 15
- Documents to be submitted to Uni-assist:
- Officially certified copy of your university entrance qualification (Abitur)
- Official certified copies of high school/university certificates
- Official certified translation of all certificates if the certificates are not available in English or German.
- Supporting Documents and eligibility: –
- Application for admission – completed and printed
- Certified copy of certificates from previous institutions
- VPD from uni-assist
- Complete CV/Resume
- A letter of motivation
- Copy of passport
- Health insurance certificates
- Additional course wise requirements
- German language proficiency:
|Telc Deutsch Hochschule||C1 level|
|DSH||DSH-2 or DSH-3|
Or Preparatory studies assessment test in German from Bremen University
- English language proficiency for courses offered in English:
|Test type||Minimum score|
|Cambridge advanced certificate||C grade|
|Pearson Academic PTE||76|
|Cambridge business higher||C grade|
Cost of attendance
- There is no Tuition fee at the University of Bremen
- Semester contribution fee:
|Expenses||Cost in EUR|
|Kultursemester ticket (Summer sem only)||1.00|
|Semester ticket||221.67 (Summer)|