Brighton College Canadian career college with two campus locations in Burnaby and Surrey, British Columbia. The Institute is recognised by the Institution of Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) and has also earned British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (BC EQA) designation.
Established as Vancouver Central College in 2000, Brighton College offers vocational training in various engineering, technology, and business. They not only offer theoretical knowledge, but also provide hands-on training on softwares such as Autodesk Design Suite, Microsoft, and Salesforce.
|Type of Institute||Vocational training|
|Location||Burnaby, British Columbia|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|On-campus housing||Not available|
|Mode of Program||Full-time and distance learning|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, work-study|
Brighton College, BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA Application Process
The process of admission to Brighton College is a slightly different from others. It includes having an Educational Advisor explaining key policies and clearing assessments as well. However, it is not very difficult as the Educational Advisor will assist applicants in every step.
How to Apply?
To apply to Brighton College, students are recommended to start the admission process through a one-on-one meeting with an Educational Advisor.
Application Portal: Offline via Education Advisor
Application Fee: 250 CAD
Application Process: The steps to apply for admission to the college are as follows:
- The students will have to meet an educational advisor who will explain all the key details of the process to the student.
- Next, if the student meets all the admission requirements, the advisor will complete all the paperwork.
- The students file will then be sent to the institute’s registrar who is responsible for the admission decision.
- The student will be given an ID card and will be admitted to the program if all the requirements are fulfilled.
Admission Requirements: The requirements to be fulfilled for admission are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Official transcripts, certificates or diplomas indicating academic standing
- Documents must be submitted with certified translations wherever applicable.
- English language test scores (IELTS 6.0)
- Basic knowledge of computer required
- Program-specific prerequisites
- Legal eligibility to study in Canada
The entire application package with appropriate fees must be sent to:
#305, 4538 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 4T9
Or email [email protected]
Brighton College, BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA Courses
- Brighton College offers over 30 practical programs, and short courses having duration of just 12 weeks.
- Other than short term programs, courses are available in variable durations such as 16 weeks, 18 weeks, 36 weeks, etc.
- Students can choose to study courses in study areas such as Hospitality, Business Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Office Assistant, International Trade, Accounting, etc.
- Courses are scheduled in full-time and part-time modes, and begin every 3-4 weeks making it easily accessible.
- The College offers a 25 week Business Administration Diploma which is popular among students seeking to build a foundation in business.
- Civil Infrastructure Design Technology and Structural and Building Technology are 35 week diploma programs with 4 weeks of practical training.
- Transfer pathways programs of the college such as Advanced Business Administration Diploma and Business Management Diploma lead students to earn a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Yorkville University.
Brighton College, BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA Tuition
Insitution type Private Application Cost $187 Average Cost of Attendance $8,771 / Year
Tuition fee for some popular programs are as follows:
|Architectural Design and Building Technician Diploma||18,450 CAD|
|Business Management Diploma||14,400 CAD|
|Computerized Accounting and Office Diploma||12,090 CAD|
|Hospitality Management Diploma||12,900 CAD|
|Civil Infrastructure Design Technology Diploma||18,450 CAD|
|Office Assistant Certificate||4,900 CAD|
Brighton College, BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Brighton College offers a plethora of financial aid resources through which students receive benefits each year.
- The scholarships available for international students are provided after they consult the educational advisor for all details.
- Some of the financial aid options include:
- Student Line of Credit: This is a source of money wherein students can borrow money from banks to fulfill their financial needs. This money can be used towards payment of tuition fee and living expenses.
- Employment Program of BC: In this program, the unemployed students are offered money in order to learn courses and find a job.
- StudenAid BC: This aid is given to students on the basis of need. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a full-time pst-secondary program with a duration of 12 weeks.
- International students can also apply for external scholarships in Canada given by the government and other third parties.
Brighton College Alumni Network
- Brighton College has a strong alumni network who are very successful in their lives.
- They are offered all the benefits such as access to online libraries, career services, resume and portfolio writing services, participation in skill building events and workshops and much more.
- Some of the notable names are as follows:
- Dave Clarke – Techno producer and disc jockey
- Tom Conway – Actor
- Peter Copley – Composer and cellist
- Roland Curram – Actor and novelist
- Wilfrid de Glehn – Impressionist painter, RA
Brighton College Placements
Brighton College offers Career Development Services wherein, they teach students all the skills required to get into their dream job in Canada. Some of them are:
- Network to build career connections
- Locate the best online job postings and develop your LinkedIn profile
- Research companies and contact potential employers
- Write a targeted Cover Letter, Resume, and Thank You Letter
- Develop and practice interviewing skills
Moreover, one-to-one career counseling and student success workshops are also conducted for all. Brighton College provides recruitment services to both large and small companies in many industries. Apart from on-campus recruitment, students can find jobs on WorkBC, Monster, Indeed and several other websites. Tuition fees Undergraduate Programs $8,771 / Year
Brighton College, BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA Campus
- Brighton College has two campuses – the main campus being located in Burnaby and the other in Surrey.
- The Surrey campus is just a block away from the King George flysky train station.
- The Burnaby campus is close to Metrotown SkyTrain Station, making transportation feasible and easy.
- Talking about student services, the institute offers additional tutoring sessions for students who need extra help, bulletin boards where job openings are posted, etc.
Brighton College Residence
- Brighton College does not offer any accommodation facilities, and neither does it provide any support in finding out the same.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation is Canada’s national housing portal that students can use to find out rented apartments or houses in Canada.
- Apartments have basic facilities such as living room, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, parking space, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, closet, etc.
- The average rent of a single bedroom apartment is 1,361 CAD and a 2 bedroom apartment was 1,562 CAD.