Last Updated on August 28, 2023
The times they are a-changin’ and I want to share with you the first annual Tu Dortmund Data Science Ranking. This ranking is a new way of looking at the best opportunities available for pursuing a graduate degree in Data Science today.
You may find it hard to access the right information on the internet, so we are here to help you in the following article, providing the best and updated information on Technical University of Dortmund Rankings, tu dortmund data science fees. We at infolearners .com have all the information that you need about tu dortmund data science curriculum. Read on to learn more.
ABOUT TU DORTMUND UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1968, Technical University Dortmund (TU) is situated in the Ruhr region of Germany. It was established at a time of decline in the country’s coal and steel industry and its emergence coincided with an economic shift away from heavy industry and towards technology.
Today, TU is known for its innovation in physics, electrical engineering, chemistry and economics. The university comprises 16 faculties across academic disciplines ranging from science and engineering to social sciences and culture studies. It has an endowment of around €161 million.
The university also boasts a Centre for Teacher Training, four central scientific institutions, seven associated research institutes and five affiliated institutes, including the German Institute for Civic Art. The Mathetower (Mathematics Tower), home to the university’s Faculty of Mathematics, is one of its most prominent buildings.
There are close to 33,000 students enrolled at TU, a figure which includes an international intake of around 11 per cent. Academic staff total more than 6,000 with
300 professors among them.
The university is organised across two campuses, the North and South campuses, located a couple of miles from downtown Dortmund. Since 1984, they have been linked by an automated hanging monorail system known as the H-Bahn that crosses the area’s pastoral surroundings at a height of about 50 feet.
TU has many links with international universities as well as a number from within Europe, operating through the Erasmus programme. These include Newcastle University, Liverpool John Moores University and Dublin City University, as well as others in countries such as Italy, Sweden, Hungary, Holland, Turkey and the Czech Republic.
It is also a member of the China-NRW University Alliance, a strategic alliance between the top six universities in the North Rhine-Westphalia region of Germany (the country’s most populous state) with higher education institutions in China.
In 2006, TU hosted the 11th RoboWorld Cup and has its own robot team known as the Dortmund Droids.
Tu Dortmund Data Science Ranking
© Jürgen Huhn/TU DortmundTU-Topics: Studies
MASTER (1 SUBJECT)
|Degree||Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Field||Natural Sciences and Technology|
|Standard program duration||4 semesters|
|Further information||Homepage (German only)|
Module Handbook (German only)
Syllabus (German only)
Today, new knowledge in science, economics, management, and technology is created almost exclusively from large quantities of complex data. The ability to process such data competently and good academic training in this area are in demand in the job market. The proper handling of patient or customer data, share prices and returns, and weather or climate information is well paid and increasingly in demand.
The two-year Master’s program in Data Science builds on the Bachelor’s program of the same name and can be started in either the winter or summer semester. It is a joint project of the Faculties of Statistics, Computer Science, and Mathematics, under the leadership of the Faculty of Statistics.
Since the areas of responsibility in this field of work and research are constantly and rapidly changing, this course of study offers up-to-date training as well as both in-depth statistical and mathematical theory and current methods and new knowledge. As a result, graduates are well equipped to carry out scientific work and are able to classify scientific findings critically and implement them responsibly.
The program consists of various mandatory and elective modules. A portion of the courses can be chosen by the students according to their own interests. All mandatory courses are offered in English; elective courses may be conducted in German.
Knowledge and skills
Graduates of a Bachelor’s program in data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field can be admitted to this Master’s program (if necessary, after satisfying certain specified conditions). For this, the Bachelor’s degree must have been completed with at least a final grade of “good” (at least 2.5).
Graduates of this Master’s program are highly sought after by industry in a variety of areas (including pharmaceutical research, banking, insurance, software development, and private and public research institutes, as well as market research and business consulting), especially to handle projects with large amounts of data independently and responsibly.
Those who would like to can spend one or two semesters at one of our numerous partner universities, studying for example in England, Spain, France, Italy, or Turkey. Long-term partnerships between TU Dortmund University and these universities guarantee problem-free recognition of academic achievements during study abroad.
External internships can be done, for example, as part of the course Case Studies 2
TU Dortmund University
World University Rankings 202139 th
Young University Rankings 2018 August-Schmidt-Straße 4, Dortmund, 44227, Germany
EXPLORE THESE FEATURED UNIVERSITIES
Politecnico di Milano
Federation University Australia
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics
EXPLORE RANKINGS DATA FOR TU DORTMUND UNIVERSITY
← (Rank: 401–500) University of TsukubaThe University of Tulsa (Rank: 401–500) →
BREAKDOWN OF RANKING:
World University Rankings
2021 Rank: 401–500
View full ranking tableOverall—Teaching36.4Research42.1Citations51.6Industry Income45.2International Outlook42.4
Breakdown via year: CITATIONS
Ranking position 2016 to 2021:
SELECT FROM ONE OF THE BELOW RANKINGS:
World University Rankings
2021 Rank: 401–500
Young University Rankings
2018 Rank: 39
Engineering & technology
2021 Rank: 251–300
2021 Rank: 301–400
2021 Rank: 201–250
Business & Economics
2021 Rank: 301–400
2021 Rank: 301–400
2021 Rank: 101–125
100755025OVERALL—All ranked institutions have an overall score and 4 pillar scores. However for each pillar, only institutions ranked in the top 500 overall or the top 500 in this pillar have a publicly visible score
tu dortmund data science fees
Technical University of Dortmund Cost of Attendance
- Students don’t have to pay any tuition fees. However, all other expenses need to be met with.
- A semester fee of 299.92 EUR is needed to be paid by the students to access the facility of meals at various cafeterias and free public transportation in the state of North-Rhine Westphalia.
- In addition to this, students need to carry some cash for their monthly stay.
- Students should maintain a budget of approximately 853 EUR per month for a sustainable life in the city.
- This is needed for health insurance, rents, buy essentials, etc.
- The breakdown of this cost is shown in the below table.
|Expenses||Cost in EUR|
|Rent including utilities||323|
- There are some kind of special student offers for the students with the help of which students can get relaxations in various fees and be able to save money.16
Technical University of Dortmund Financial Aid
- There’s a large number of scholarships available for students studying in Germany.
- These include both institutional scholarships as well as government aids and grants.
- Some of the scholarships targeted towards the international students are DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships, DAAD award 2020, Martin-Schmeißer-Foundation scholarships.
- The students are advised to apply for the scholarships before their mentioned deadlines.
- There’s a provision for applying for a loan is also available for the students of the Technical University of Dortmund.19
Technical University of Dortmund placements
- The Technical University of Dortmund does not conduct in-campus placements.
- However, after graduation the students usually get job offers of lavish packages from all over the world.
- TU Dortmund University also offers several events that can help with the transition from one’s university to professional life.
- For example, the career fairs, which are open to the public, offer the opportunity to get to know different companies, ask about internship opportunities and maybe even personally hand in one’s application
Technical University of Dortmund Alumni
Technical University of Dortmund notable alumni include:
- Johannes Rau, former president of Germany.
- Donald Tusk, President of the European Council.
- Carsten Brosda, German politician.
Technical University of Dortmund Rankings
The Technical University of Dortmund is ranked
- #39th globally and 41st among all the German universities according to CWUR2.
- #51-400th among all the universities of the world by Times Higher Education3
- #801-1000th among all the universities of the by QS4
|Number of Campuses||Two|
|International Student Population||11%|
|Student to Faculty ratio||120:1|
|Budget||EURO 307 million|
|For general inquiry||Dr. Barbara Schneider|
phone: +49 (0)231 755-6350
Technical University of Dortmund Campus
- The university comprises of 16 faculties across academic disciplines ranging from science and engineering to social sciences and culture studies
- The university also boasts of a Centre for Teacher Training, four central scientific institutions, seven associated research institutes and five affiliated institutes, including the German Institute for Civic Art.
- Technical University Dortmund is split across two campuses, the North and South campuses, located a couple of miles from downtown Dortmund. Since 1984, they have been linked by an automated hanging monorail system.
- Among all other premises, the state-of-the-art library of the University is a great source of attraction with the collection of a huge volume of books6.
- There are various options of residing in Dortmund after successfully applying for study at the university.
- On-campus residence is limited, hence international students need to arrange beforehand their accommodation while studying in Germany.
- There are University accommodations arranged by studierendenwerk Dortmund, DAAD Student Residence, Students Dorm Bochum, German Student Dorms etc.
- There are a large number of options available for the students for short term or long term stay in and around the University7.
Technical University of Dortmund Programs
- The Technical University of Dortmund is a significant hub of education in Germany with its 16 faculties.
- The university offers over 190 wide ranges of degree courses.
- Programs at Technical University Dortmund range from Natural and Engineering Science to Cultural and Social Science via its bachelor’s, master’s programs.
- Keeping in mind the significant number of international students, six of the master’s degree courses are conducted fully in the English language9.