Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management is one of the most interesting and decent paying jobs providing fields that students can choose from different options available for their career.
It is a three year course to start with in order to get the certification with a minimum eligibility of completing their 10 +2 exams.
The entrance in this course can be both merit based or entrance exam qualification based on the requirement of the college in which the student is applying.
With an annual salary ranging between INR 5000 to 10 lakh the certificate in travel and tourism management allows the student to gather maximum experience Knowledge and skill in order to build a great career in the field of tourism industry.
People interested in travel and tourism can take up a certificate in travel and tourism management to establish a career that can provide them with a job that is satisfactory and also provides an annual salary range pairing between 3 lakhs per annum to 8 lakh per annum.
When it comes to starting career in this field there are many options from which students can choose to work like they can work and enter the industry as Management trainee, travel guides, freelance Consultants (with regard to travel), tour management operator, Travel sales associate or consultant, associate and analyst in many other job profiles depending on different companies for which a student would work
Not only this, they can always have a Startup or their own tourism set up to start working with.
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Course highlights
|Type of course||Certification|
|Eligibility||minimum 10 + 2|
|duration of course||3 years|
|Admission process||both examination and merit based( depends on the institution applying at)|
|examination type||annual and semester|
|Average starting salary||INR 2 to 10 lakh per annum|
|average fee structure||INR 5000 to 10 lacs pa|
|Top job positions||Travel consultant( in a company),travel operator, management and analysis, freelance travel consultant ,Tour associate and operator|
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Eligibility criteria
Although there are no such hard and fast rules of completing under graduation post-graduation or any other degree for that matter but the minimum requirement to take admission in certification course of tourism and travel management the students must be fulfilling the following criteria.
- He or she must have completed his or her 10+2 or Senior Secondary and Higher Secondary examination from a recognized University.
- He or She must have completed their 10 + 2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- He or she must have good command over their language (preferably English) and should also be good at math.
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Admission Process
- There are different admission processes for different colleges hence the process of admission depends on which college and university a student is choosing.
- Some universities take admission on the basis of the previous exam that is a student can get admission based on merit.
- There are certain colleges and Universities who conduct their own examination and have their own admission cut off.
- The university and college portal needs to be checked regularly for admission in the desired institution.
Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management: Top colleges
|Name Of College||Location||Average Fee Structure|
|SRM University||Chennai||INR 35000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Delhi||INR 16000|
|Athena training academy||Bengaluru||INR 40000|
|Panache Academy||Ahmedabad||INR 70000|
|Eduglobe school of learning||Mumbai||INR 1,30,000|
Why Study Certificate In Travel And Tourism Management?
- India being topographically so diverse has a great opportunity in the field of tourism and Hospitality so a student who has a degree in tourism and travel management would find better job options available here.
- The certification in travel and tourism management opens a completely different industry related to tourism hence a student who is pursuing a degree e off certification in travel and tourism can make their career in the field of tourism which has its own perks along with the job pay off.
- Candidates who have good command over languages would find it much rewarding to work with the travel and tourism industry as handling clients with good communication skills would allow them to gain knowledge in this area and hence stay for a longer run and better pay off.
- Along with knowing different areas in India and travelling across the country people who gain good experience in this field can also find themselves travelling abroad or to an International client base and a breathtaking experience of travelling across the globe on the company’s expenses.
- The geography of India is such that it has every kind of destination that a tourist require therefore it is very easy for people in the tourism industry to provide a variety of options to tourists and gaining from the Indian topography. For instance if a person wants to see desert or snow or beaches or any fertile land for that matter there always is an option that can be provided to them and hence making it a very profitable industry.