Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Do you have any knowledge about Tomsk Polytechnic University English Course? Do you ever feel confused? Do you often feel overwhelmed with all the information available so you can’t figure out which one is correct?
This article contain reliable information on Tomsk Polytechnic University English Course and other related information such as, Eligibility Criteria, Admission process, Master’s degree programs in English, documents required and a lot more in this article, here at infolearners. You’ve come to the right place for all the relevant and latest information you need on colleges across the globe, their tuition fees, scholarship schemes and their global ranking. All you’ve got to do now is read on to discover more.
Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU) was founded in 1896 with the name Tomsk Technological University in Tomsk, Russia. It is referred to as the oldest technical institute in Russia. Today also, it is recognized as a leading public research university among technical Russian Universities for engineering study.
TPU has its excellence in Engineering, applied sciences, and technology. The nuclear education of the university is also popular since it opened in 1967, and plays a vital role in the research process.
The university ranks among the top 8 universities in Russia. It is known for its technical courses, master’s programs, and also popular to study Engineering in Russia. As the institute chooses its students based on the entrance exam, previous passing percentage, and academic records with an interview.
Tomsk PU is a multicultural destination, as more than 3000 students gather there from various countries making it globally recognized for its technical courses.The placement graph of the institute is much inspiring with a 95% in total.
It has 27 bachelor degree programs, 34 master degree programs, 6 specialist programs, and 19 ph.D programs with 28.8% international students enrolled from 54 countries. The extra facilities are too impressive there with 15 halls of residence, 32 academic buildings and 1 separate engineering library, and 7+ grounds.
The table shows the highlights of Tomsk Polytechnic University for the foreign students willing to study engineering in Russia:
|Intake for Engineering Course||June|
|Entrance Examination||TPU tests|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||Rs 2.10 Lakh|
|Duration of Course||4 years|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|University Ranking||Country – 8|
World – 615
- TPU is one of the oldest Technical universities in Russia.
- It is ranked at position 8 in the country.
- It has an overall 28% share of International students of total enrolled.
- The university provides 29 bachelor degrees, 30 postgraduates and 18 phd programs.
- It has a huge campus and big infrastructure giving the essence of old and modern culture.
- The university serves courses in dual language Russian,English and also online courses too.
- It has a very good library with online material also and that is for free.
- The university has sports clubs and cultural events are organised.
The fee structure is shown under for the Tomsk PU for the session of one year and it may change and also prices may increase gradually:
|Fee in USD (approx)||2887.37|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||2,10,398|
|Hostel & Food in rupees(approx)||12000|
The applicant must be fit in this below criteria for seeking the invitation letter from the university:
The eligibility criteria for the undergraduates(Engineering in Russsian) are:
- The applicant must be passed with a good percentile in secondary school education(10+2).
- The applicant must be good enough with the Russian language, as Engineering courses are available in this medium. Also, scores in Russian/English language proficiency.
- The applicant must pass the university entrance exam with at least (given scores by TPU) for the admission to a particular degree.
To apply for the bachelor’s program in Russia for TPU, following steps to be followed:
Step 1: Applying for the willing course and completing the online registration process.
Step 2: Next is the submission of all educational secondary school copies having marks or grades with a detailed subject list.
Step 3: Clearing of entrance tests by the university and also language proficiency tests are important.
Step 4: Submission of notarized documents and personal interview
Step 5: Selection of the candidates by committee and invitation letter sent.
Step 6: Payment of admission and all types of fees and visa procedure.
Step 7: After students arrive showing off original documents to the university for the approval of confirmed admission.
Below documents must be sent through fax/mail to the university for admission confirmation:
- Application form and Migration letter
- International passport copy
- Documentary proof of the proficiency (English/Russian)
- Invitation letter and Motivation letter
- Academic and education document
- Academic and education document (legalized and Russian Translated)
- Identity proof
- 4 Passport photo (3*4)
- Medical and health insurance
- HIV-AIDS and COVID test reports
- Covid – 19 report
After students Arrival students must submit these documents:
- Original educational documents for verifying already submitted copies.
- Notarized educational documents by Russia federation council.
- Documents for proof of Russia/English language proficiency.
- Scorecards or passing marksheets of entrance exams.
The medium of the course at TPU and language of teaching details is as under:
- As all the Bachelor’s and Engineering Graduate courses are available in Russian language, their medium of teaching is also in Russian.
- Specialist courses are available in English language ,which can be pursued after Graduation engineering and technical niche are all taught in English.
Master’s degree programs in English
Tomsk Polytechnic University offers international students the most popular master’s programs in English in the following areas:
- Material Science
- Software Engineering
- Nuclear Physics and Technology
- Electric Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Geological and Geophysical problems of oil and Gas Development (Double-Degree program)
- Petroleum Engineering (Double-Degree program)
- Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
Enrollment for the Master’s Programs is realized provided there are groups with a minimum number of 5 persons.
If the student chooses to participate in the creation of the engineering project, he would be considered coauthor and co owner of the project.
Click here to check your knowledge in Math, Physics and Social Science in order to know your chances to apply to Tomsk Polytechnic University! Demo entrance test
The demo entrance test is a tool for testing of applicant’s knowledge and the results can not be considered for enrollment procedure of TPU.