Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Tiffin University is a private university in Tiffin, Ohio. Founded in 1888, Tiffin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) for the undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered at the main campus in Tiffin, Ohio, at the University of Bucharest in Romania, and at several locations in Ohio, including the Cleveland, Toledo, and Fremont areas, as well as online.
Collegelearners Website will provide information you are looking for on Tiffin University Application, Overview of Tiffin University Application, Requirements for Tiffin University Application and Tiffin University Application Ranking.
overview of Tiffin University Application
Tiffin University began as the Commercial College, affiliated for 30 years with Heidelberg College, as a financially independent and separate division or college. It taught the business courses typically found in the popular commercial colleges of the day.
After breaking with Heidelberg College in 1917, the institution relocated to downtown Tiffin. It developed a full four-year curriculum, then added graduate programs, and has been accredited.
Tiffin University offers both undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees in a variety of on-campus, off-campus and online formats. TU consists of three academic schools: the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business and School of Criminal Justice & Social Sciences. The Richard C. Pfeiffer Library houses a growing collection of books supporting the university’s curriculum. The library is a member of OPAL and OhioLink, which provides online access to a vast collection of books, eBooks and databases, as well as books from any of the 90 other libraries.
School of Arts and Sciences
The academic programs offered by the School of Arts and Sciences are Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Chemistry, Commercial Music, Cybersecurity, Digital Media & Design, Government and National Security, History, Public History, Strategic & Mass Communication and Health, Fitness & Wellness. Teacher education programs are offered through a partnership with Lourdes College. Students can also achieve a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Exercise Science, Forensic Science, Computer Science (concentrations in Network & Systems Administration and Software Development) and Healthcare Administration. Tiffin University also offers a dual degree bachelor’s program with Mercy College of Ohio. Students earn two degrees in the joint program—a Bachelor of Science in Applied Health Science (BSAHS) from Tiffin University and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Mercy College.Main Classroom Building
School of Business
The academic programs offered by the School of Business are Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting, Finance, Management (concentrations in Human Resources, International Business, Managerial Studies and Supply Chain Management), Marketing and Sports Marketing.
School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences
The academic programs offered by the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences are; Bachelor of Criminal Justice (BCJ) degree with concentrations in Corrections, Criminal Behavior, Criminalistics, Digital Forensics, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security & Terrorism, Justice Administration and Law Enforcement, as well as an Associate of Criminal Justice degree in Law Enforcement.
The school also offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology with concentrations in Addictions Counseling, Cross-Cultural and International Psychology (CCIP), and Human Services.
Also, study abroad programs in several countries are available for undergraduate students. The university enrolls many international students, including China, Romania and Saudi Arabia. There are 33 countries represented on campus.
Tiffin University graduate programs include a Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Education (MEd), Master of Humanities (MH), Master of Science (MS) and Master of Science in Criminal Justice (MSCJ).
Tiffin University offers a Ph.D. in Global Leadership and Change. This degree program is offered utilizing an online format and contains limited residency requirements. The interpersonal approach of faculty engagement allow students to work independently, but never alone.
Tiffin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the Master of Business Administration program is accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, the European Council for Business Education, and the education partnership is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
A Community of Learners Making the World a Better Place
Tiffin University (TU) is a beautiful, rural campus located in the Midwest region of the United States, surrounded by small suburban communities that are safe and friendly.
TU prides itself on:
- Fully accredited, nationally recognized academic programs, performing arts and a culturally diverse student population create a vibrant learning and campus life experience.
- Approximately 3,000 students are enrolled at TU; our international students come from 30 countries.
- TU offers over 50 academic majors at the undergraduate and graduate levels and an intensive language program.
- On-campus housing, dining and social venues provide TU students with comfort and convenience away from home.
- Upon receipt of all required application documents, the Admission Committee will evaluate your application to determine your eligibility to enroll at Tiffin University. Your application is considered incomplete and cannot be reviewed until all required documents have been received.
- To receive your Form I-20 for a visa interview, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents.academic_records_request_form.pdf Academic Records Request Form (209.77 KB)
- The application deadline for the August (Fall) intake is July 15th. The application deadline for the January (Spring) intake is November 15th.
Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) Applicant Instructions
Minimum Requirements for Undergraduate Admission
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, or graduation from an accredited associate’s degree program, or currently attending an accredited undergraduate associate’s/bachelor’s degree program.
- For freshman applicants, GPA 2.0. For transfer applicants, GPA 2.0
- Satisfactory TOEFL score (61 iBT) or IELTS score 5 or iTEP score of 3.4
*Applicants who are unable to meet the language proficiency standards or who do not have proof of proficiency can receive a Conditional Acceptance, and attend our English as a Second Language program, which is our on campus English language institute.
View information about the ESL program
To apply for admission to Tiffin University, please submit the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- Freshmen Students – Request that all secondary schools or examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets, and certificates directly to Tiffin University in an official, sealed envelope. In addition, where the original documents are not issued in English, also provide an official English translation of each document. Tiffin University will not accept scanned or notarized copies.
- Transfer Students – Request that all secondary schools, colleges, or universities attended, and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets, and certificates directly to Tiffin University in an official, sealed envelope. In addition, where the original documents are not issued in English, also provide an official English translation of each document. Tiffin University will not accept scanned or notarized copies.
- Copy of your passport
The International Admissions Office reserves the right to request that any applicant be required to submit an academic credential evaluation from an external service provider.
tiffin university application fee
Estimated Student Expenses for Academic Year (2 semesters / Per year)
(These amounts are estimates and are subject to change without notice. Actual expenses may vary)
|Expenses||English as a Second Language (ESL)||Undergraduate(24-36 credits / Per year)||Graduate – MBA(16 credits / Per year)||Graduate – MS in CJ(18 credits / Per year)|
|Housing**||$6,180(Double Room w/ air conditioning)||$6,180(Double Room w/ air conditioning)||$7,160(Living Learning Community includes kitchen and private room)||$7,160(Living Learning Community includes kitchen and private room)|
|Meals**||$5,520(19 meals)||$5,520(Unlimited meal plan)|
|Campus Services Fee||$300||$300||$0||$0|
Family Members – Students who will be accompanied by a spouse and/or children will need to submit additional documentation of financial support ($4,000 for spouse and $3,000 for each child).
*Tuition – The tuition listed above are for your guidance only. Prices quoted are for the 2021-2022 academic year for a standard full time student (ESL or Undergraduate – 15 credit hours / Graduate – 8 credit hours, per semester). All students studying on an F-1 visa must study at least (ESL or Undergraduate – 12 credit hours / Graduate – 8 credit hours, per semester). Some programs have additional compulsory costs (eg. Lab fees, books, field trips, equipment, etc.). These are NOT included in the tuition fees.
**Housing and Meals – We used our most common housing and meal plan option to calculate the costs above. However, actual room and meal plan costs may vary depending on your preference and availability. Additional information will be provided for you upon your arrival.
***Health Insurance – You are required to have medical insurance for the duration of your studies at Tiffin University. You may use the University provided insurance or we will provide instructions to request to use health insurance other than the Tiffin University provided insurance.
Estimated fees are subject to change. This estimate does not include scholarship. Tuition estimate is based on course load of between 12 and 16 credit hours; additional credit hours will cost extra. Personal expenses are not billable. Each student should plan and budget for an annual increase of approximately 5%.
Payment Due Dates
Students must pay their school fees in full or sign up for a Tiffin University payment plan before the end of the first week of each semester. The International Admissions Office will provide assistance at orientation to make a payment or enroll in a payment.