Last Updated on December 26, 2022
It is a given fact that the internet has a bunch of information. However, some of those information may not be correct and others may not even be true. We bring you the best and verified information in the article below. Read on to discover more. This won’t be the case here as our article includes the best and verified information.
We at infolearners.com have all the information that you need about thompson rivers university canada graduate programs.
I would recommend you save time and effort by visiting our website as soon as possible.
The following tables list all of the TRU programs available for international students at our main campus in Kamloops and, in some cases, at our Williams Lake campus. Please follow the links below for detailed information on each.
Thompson Rivers University (TRU) was established in 1970 as a public academic and Research University. Located in Kamloops, BC, Canada is the main campus of the university. Many global leaders and people in business have graduated from TRU. It has distance and online education programs with TRU Open Learning division.
The inaugural convocation of TRU was held on March 31, 2005. The first official visit at the university was made by Prime Minister Paul Martin. On-campus, 15,500 students are studying a variety of programs.
Programs are from these schools and faculties; Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Adventure, School of Business and Economics, School of Nursing, Faculty of Education and Social Work, Culinary Arts and Tourism, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Student Development, and School of Trades and Technology.
The university is in the vicinity of the commercial districts and residential areas. And next door to Tournament Capital Center that is Kamloops’ biggest recreational centre. Also, the University offers various outdoor adventures and cultural activities around its campus.
With TRU’s World division, they have many international partners. With 26,000 studying students on the campus or through distance and online learning, the university provide 140 on-campus programs and 60 open learning programs. It has 2000+ employees including academic faculty, staff and administration.
TRU provides its students with academic research, extracurricular activities for community services. Most students from are from China, India and Saudi Arabia with other 70 countries.
Thompson Rivers Graduate Programs
Thompson Rivers University Master’s Programs
- Master of Business Administration: A comprehensive and rigorous program that prepares the leaders of the future for government, major corporations, small business, NGOs and entrepreneurship.
- Master of Education: Designed for the working professional, this degree is open to any bachelor’s degree graduate who wants to expand career options. Students complete either a research project or a course-based degree.
- Master of Science in Environmental Science: A thesis-based degree with three areas of specialization: Ecology and Evolution; Physical Sciences; and Policy Management.
- Master of Science in Data Science: Engage in research and hands-on applications of data science in the classroom and through industrial projects, using cutting-edge techniques and algorithms.
- Master of Nursing: This unique program, through its pathways to admission and its emphasis on leadership development and Aboriginal health, meets the need for accessible, flexible graduate nursing education.
- Master of Environmental Economics and Management: The Master of Environmental Economics and Management is a two-year, course-based program, providing graduates with a broad knowledge of the business environment, advanced management skills and specialized knowledge in environmental economics and sustainability.
- Master of Science in Environmental Economics and Management: The Master of Science in Environmental Economics and Management provides graduates with an understanding of the business environment, specialized knowledge in the emerging area of sustainability as well as academic and applied research expertise through the completion of a graduate thesis or project.
Graduate Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration: This program offers a pathway to the 10-month MBA program for students with non-business-related undergraduate degrees and ensures they have the foundational skills and knowledge to be successful in the MBA program.
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies: The Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies is intended for students who wish to develop English language and academic skills necessary for successful participation in a Master of Education program.
- Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning: Designed to provide educators with a solid foundation in the technical and pedagogical expertise required to effectively use education technology in the classroom, in distributed learning environments and in the world of online education.
Thompson Rivers University Online Programs
Adult Basic Education (ABE)
ABE courses and programs help you, as an adult learner, achieve Grade 12 graduation and prepare for post-secondary education and the workplace. If you are a British Columbia (BC) resident, you can take Adult Basic Education programs tuition-free (applicable fees still apply).
The wide array of distance and online programs and initiatives makes Arts an exciting area in which to study. Develop essential workplace skills such as communication, critical analysis, problem solving, independent learning and collaboration.
Business and Management Studies
Our Business and Management Studies programs are designed to develop your supervision, business and management skills and can ladder into the Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Education and Social Work
Your choice ranges from entry- or graduate-level courses to certificate and master’s degree programs. Our Education courses and programs allow you to choose where you want your career to go and provide you with the momentum to get there.
General Studies programs offer a multidisciplinary approach to education, allowing you to study a plethora of subject matter: arts, science, and social sciences and humanities.
Whether you want to enter the field of health care directly after graduation or use your education to help advance your career, OL has a Health Sciences program that can help you on your journey.
TRU Open Learning offers programs for students just starting off in nursing or returning to their past practice.
Our Science programs provide you with exciting options for your career path.
Our technology programs include computing science, water treatment, IT, and technology management.
Thompson Rivers University Courses
Adult Basic Education (ABE)
|Advanced Certificate in Liberal Arts|
|Associate of Arts|
|Minor in English, History, Psychology and Sociology|
|Bachelor of Arts, General Program|
|Bachelor of Arts, General Studies|
|Bachelor of Arts, Criminology Major|
|Bachelor of Arts, English Major|
|Bachelor of Arts, History Major|
|Bachelor of Arts, Psychology Major|
|Bachelor of Arts, Sociology Major|
|Bachelor of Design|
|Bachelor of Fine Art|
|Bachelor of Music (Performance)|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Liberal Arts|
Business and Management Studies
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA)|
|Certificate in Business Skills|
|Certificate in Entrepreneurial Skills 1|
|Certificate in Entrepreneurial Skills 2|
|Certificate in Management Studies|
|Diploma in Management Studies|
|Accounting Technician Diploma|
|Advanced Certificate in Management|
|Advanced Diploma in Management|
|Bachelor of Business in Real Estate|
|Bachelor of Commerce|
|Bachelor of Public Administration|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Commerce|
|Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Commerce|
Education and Social Work
|Master of Education (MEd)|
|Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning|
|Executive Program for Leadership in Education|
|Social Service Worker Certificate|
|Human Service Diploma|
|Certificate in General Studies|
|Diploma in General Studies|
|Bachelor of General Studies|
|Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate|
|Medical Laboratory Assistant National Certificate|
|Pre-Health Science Certificate|
|Anesthesia Assistant Post-Diploma|
|Bachelor of Health Science|
|Transition Courses: Health|
|Health Care Assistant Certificate|
|Inter-professional Mental Health Practice Certificate|
|Inter-professional Substance Use Practice Certificate|
|Return to Registered Nurse Practice Certificate|
|Seniors Living Management Certificate|
|Transition Courses: Nursing|
|Associate of Science|
|Bachelor of Science, General|
|Bachelor of Science, Major|
|Certificate in Information Technology|
|Diploma in Information Technology and Management|
|Bachelor of Computing Science|
|Bachelor of Technology|
|Bachelor of Technology, Technology Management|
|Bachelor of Technology, Trades and Technology Leadership|
|Water Treatment Technology Program|
|Event Management Certificate|
|Bachelor of Tourism Management|
International Student Application Instructions
How to apply
Application for admission to graduate or masters programs at TRU.
Step 1: Apply online
Step 2: Upload all required documents and transcripts – please refer to the checklist below for each program requirement (please note that your application cannot be processed if there are missing requirements).
Step 3: You will receive an email from International Graduate Admissions with your TRU ID. Please include your TRU ID with all future communications.
Step 4: Once your completed application has been received, it will be processed and submitted to a selection committee. Once a decision has been made, you will receive a decision letter from International Graduate Admissions. Normal processing time is 3-6 weeks. Please anticipate delays during peak times and semester intakes.
Step 5: If you are a successful applicant, you will receive a conditional acceptance letter.
Step 6: Make your full commitment fee payment and courier your original/official transcripts to International Graduate Admissions.
Step 7: You will receive a final acceptance letter that you can use to apply for a Student Visa/Study Permit.
Scanned copies of original/official transcripts (or certified copies) for all prior post-secondary studies must be included with your application.
After receiving your acceptance, original transcripts must be sent to TRU prior to the start of your first semester. If originals cannot be mailed then original transcripts must accompany you when you come to Canada.
If you cannot replace your original transcripts, please notify International Admissions on arrival. We will make a verified copy of your documents and return the originals to you.