Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Technical University of Braunschweig ranks among the top 20 universities in Europe and is placed in the prestigious worldwide top 400 Technological Universities. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate studies, with Master programs covering all major disciplines.
Students at the Technical University of Braunschweig, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering thought it would be helpful to compare the top technological universities in the world. Rankings were based on academic reputation through book publications and faculty members, in addition to number of citations and Web-based hits.
Collegelearners affords you unrestricted access to tons of valuable information on TU Braunschweig fees, Technical University of Munich ranking, TU Braunschweig data science, Technical University of Braunschweig masters in English, and so much more. Take out time to visit our catalog for more information on related topics.
Technical University Braunschweig has 6 faculties which have 120 institutes and seminars for its students. Admissions at the university take place in Summer and Winter seasons. As of winter, 2018-19, their total enrolment was 20,000 students and 3,700 employees.
The university has over 400 partner institutes and research facilities in over 60 different countries. Technical University Braunschweig has 4,000 international students from over 110 countries.
- The application process for UG and PG programs is entirely online.
- The university charges € 70 as an assessment fee from the students.
- Academic calendar of the university is semester-based
tU braunschweig masters
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Assessment Fee||€ 70|
|Payment Mode||Transfer by SEPA, IBAN or BIC|
|Intake Seasons||Winter and Summer|
|Academic Calenders||Semester based|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, part-time jobs, student loans|
Technical University Braunschweig Admission Timelines
Admissions to all the programs at Technical University Braunschweig take place during the Winter and Summer season. The university has a specific timeline for admission in both the semesters.
Prospective international applicants are advised to adhere to the application timelines mentioned in the following table:
|Winter Semester||June 1- July 15|
|Summer Semester||Dec 1 – Jan 15|
*Deadlines may vary for individual courses.
Technical University Braunschweig International Admissions
International students seeking admission at Technical University Braunschweig must provide the following documents at the time of application submissions:
- Official transcripts (evaluated by approved evaluation services or agencies)
- German language proficiency tests
- Secondary school diploma
- Printed and signed application form
- Voucher for payment of evaluation fee
- Certified copy with the translation of Hochschulaufnahmemeprüfung or college entrance tests (if applicable)
Language Requirements for International Students
International students are required to demonstrate proficiency in German by fulfilling either one of the criteria mentioned below:
- DSH 2
- TestDaF (minimum of 4 points in each part)
- Assessment examination of Studienkolleg
- Diploma at Level II of the Conference of Ministers of Educations
- C2 certificate from the Goethe Institute
- telc German C1 college
Visa Information for International Students
International students applying for admission at a German institute are required to have a residence permit visa for educational purposes or German student visa.
Applicants are required to provide the following documents at the time of visa application:
- Proof or the health insurance cover
- One passport photograph
- Registration form
- Application form for the residence permit
- Attestation of the landlord
- Financial statement to show that the applicant has enough funds
- Letter of acceptance from German University
Apart from the student visa, non-EU students need to get a residence permit from the local authorities in Germany if the applicant is planning to stay for longer than 3 months. The entire visa process may take up to 2 months.
Technical University Braunschweig Undergraduate Admissions
Technical University Braunschweig offers multiple bachelor’s programs in academic areas like architecture, communication technology, computer and electronics.
Application Portal: Online application
- Original high school transcript
- Current CV
- Evidence of passed aptitude tests and study periods
- Motivation letter
- Proof of military, civil or voluntary service (if applicable)
- Proof of training and working hours (if applicable)
- Certified copy of university entrance qualification (if applicable)
- Language proficiency scores
Technical University Braunschweig Graduate Admissions
Technical University Braunschweig offers a myriad of degree options for PG studies including environmental sciences, physics, computer science etc. However, the majority of the programs are taught in the German language.
Therefore, applicants are recommended to check the complete program details of their chosen program.
Application Portal: Online application
- Official Transcripts (translated if required)
- Certified copies of bachelor’s degree or current grade sheet
- Updated CV
- Current enrolment certificate
- German/ English language proficiency scores
Applicants which are offered admission at the Technical University Braunschweig must submit a passport size photo, copy of identity card, health insurance exemption or proof and the voucher for payment of semester fee to accept the offer of admission. Some degree programs may also require the successful completion of aptitude tests.
Technical University Braunschweig offers either unconditional acceptance or conditional acceptance, where the applicant needs to fulfil further requirements like German language proficiency. Applicants are advised to apply early to be considered for admission since the checking of documents and the visa process might take time.
tU braunschweig world ranking
Technical University of Munich is ranked #74 in Best Global Universities. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.