Last Updated on December 24, 2022
PhD students, students and graduates of universities with a doctorate – these three groups apply for the doctoral program at TU Braunschweig. The advanced degree is at the same time an excellent springboard for an academic career.
Study abroad students or international students looking for information on technical university of Braunschweig PhD are on the Internet. However, the Internet does not always provide the information you need. If you want to learn more about technical university of Braunschweig PhD, we have all the details you need.
Collegelearners.com discusses accurately about TU Braunschweig industrial engineering, Braunschweig University of applied sciences, TU Braunschweig civil engineering, TU Braunschweig acceptance rate, and so much more. Take out time to surf through our catalog for more information on related topics. You don’t want to miss this!
tU braunschweig industrial engineering Academic Requirements
A doctorate in Germany usually means conducting an individual research project under the guidance of a professor. You can do your doctorate at TU Braunschweig in all disciplines offered. The time required to complete a doctoral degree ranges from 3 to 5 years, depending on your field of research and the progress of your research work.
The academic requirements for a doctorate at TU Braunschweig are:
- a good or excellent university degree at Masters level
- at least 5 years of study
- completion of the Master’s programme with a final project or a written thesis
If you apply for a doctoral degree you do not necessarily have to pass a German language test. You should clarify with your faculty or supervisor, which language requirements you must fulfil, what German proficiency level is being demanded and what language will be used in your dissertation.
Recognition of the international degrees
If you have found a supervisor for your doctoral thesis, TU Braunschweig must assess and recognise your degree. We need the following documents from you:
- Bachelor´s certificate and all transcripts in the original language and in German or English translation
- Master´s certificate and all transcripts in the original language and in German or English translation
We will then inform you whether your degree can be regarded as formally sufficient for admission to doctoral studies at TU Braunschweig.
Please note, that in some cases we will have to contact the Standing Conference (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen) in written form. and that in this case the recognition procedure can take up to eight weeks.
universities in braunschweig application
When you have clarified all the above mentioned requirements you submit your complete application to the Mobile Researchers’ Centre.
Please complete our Online Application Form for PhD students:
To the Online Application
Your application must contain complete evidence of your previous university education. The following documents should be included with your application form:
- Passport sized photo
- Documents of your university degrees (bachelor´s + master´s degree and all transcripts) in original language and in German or English translation
- Topic of your doctoral thesis
- PhD students at Faculty 1 and 3: Declaration from your supervisor at TU Braunschweig (proof that you have been accepted by a supervisor and statement about the language your thesis will be written in)
- PhD students at Faculty 2, 4, 5 and 6: Declaration from your supervisor and letter of admission from your Faculty
- DSH-2 certificate or exemption from doctoral supervisor at TU Braunschweig
- Certificate of exmatriculation (if you have already been enrolled at a German university before)
- Letter of scholarship award (if applicable)
All documents must be copies in the original language accompanied by a German or English translation. Documents issued in English do not need to be translated. You will have to show the original certificates or certified copies within your enrolment semester otherwise you cannot validate your TUcard for the following semester.
Please note that there are two application procedures, one with the Mobile Researchers’ Centre and one with your faculty.
Very important: You should also register with your faculty as soon as possible.
Help us process your documents quickly by submitting them in full.
There is no deadline for PhD students, they can start at any time of the year. But you should keep in mind that you always have to pay the fees for an entire semester. The winter semester is always from October 1st to September 30th and the summer semester from April 1st to March 31st.
The processing time for applications is approx. 6 weeks from receipt of all complete documents. Once we have checked and processed your application, we will send you a letter of acceptance with all the further steps.