Last Updated on December 24, 2022
The Masters programs in English at Technical University of Braunschweig (TUBS) attract international students from around the world. TUBS boasts one of Germany’s largest Science parks and is home to the Fraunhofer-Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation, which is Europe’s largest independent research institution. The Dual Masters TUBS/Berkeley enables you to study four semesters at TUBS and three semesters at UC Berkeley. This provides you with a comprehensive industry-specific education in an increasing globalized and digitalized world.
TU Braunschweig is a traditional site and yet it is among the top locations for current excellent research. TU Braunschweig has the most tradition of all German TU’s. Its 20,000 students ؘ– including 3,000 internationals – and 3,800 employees make it the largest in northern Germany.
Get your master’s degree in English studies from the one-of-a-kind Technical University of Braunschweig. Offering undergraduate and graduate degrees, you’ll be trained to teach English to non-native speakers or conduct research in a variety of areas related to the English language. Develop your expertise in linguistics, applied linguistics, and second language acquisition, participate in an English immersion program or study abroad, or work on an independent thesis project that allows you to explore a custom topic of interest.
Take out time to surf through our catalog right here on Collegelearners for top-notch information on TU Braunschweig computational sciences in engineering, TU Braunschweig data science, Braunschweig University of technology master’s, Universities in Braunschweig, and so on. You don’t want to miss this!
braunschweig university of technology masters
The University of Braunschweig, located in Braunschweig, Germany is the oldest university in Lower Saxony and one of the oldest surviving universities in Germany. The Technical University was founded in 1755 by George II, King of Great Britain and Elector of Brunswick-Lüneburg. Today, with over 16,000 students and 2,400 members of staff (academic staff and research personnel), the Technical University of Braunschweig is an internationally recognized institution offering a wide spectrum of academic programs within the fields of engineering and natural sciences.
Situated in Braunschweig, Germany, Technical University Braunschweig was established in 1745 as a mathematical and technical subject offering institute. It was later renamed to Technical University in 1968 after the establishment of the social sciences department. The university has currently 20,000 students enrolled with 3,700 employees and 130 traineeships. The university has about 3,000 international students from 118 countries, making it one of the most popular institutes for international students to study in Germany.
The university offers 75 programs at bachelors and masters level. The university has research collaboration with universities from 60 countries and has a global reputation for its high research output. The university has the affiliation of TU9, a society of the largest German institutions of technology. There are four major research areas at the university, namely: Future City, Metrology, Mobility, and Infection & Therapeutics. The main aim of the university is to impart technical education and research through good quality mentorship.
technical university of braunschweig ranking
- The Times higher education (THE) world university ranking 2020 has placed the university 601-800th rank category worldwide and 151-200th rank category in European Teaching Rankings 2019.
- CWUR world university rankings 2018-2019 has ranked Technical University Braunschweig – World rank: 583 and National rank: 44
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and graduate – masters & doctoral|
|Annual Budget||335 Million EUR|
|International student population||2957 (15%)|
|Academic calendar||Semester (Winter and Summer)|
- The university has six faculties offering 75 programs in total. These faculties are:
- Life Sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities & studies in education.
- Each faculty has numerous institutes for teaching and research.
- Technical University’s campus at Braunschweig has a central university library, Sports centre, Company canteen, Cafeteria, language labs and cafeterias in the campus.
- It is not uncommon for international students to find it hard to find on-campus accommodation as they are limited in German Universities.
- There is plenty of affordable accommodation while studying in Germany in case the students fail to secure a place in the residential dorms of the university.
- The StudentWerk at TU has seven halls of residence having 1,800 single rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom to individual apartments.
- Electricity, water, telephone, internet facilities are provided in these halls.
- Private accommodations in the form of private apartments and shared apartments are also available in the Braunschweig city nearby campus.
- The university website provides information such as vacancies, contact information and location of these private accommodation facilities.
- The six faculties at the Technical University Braunschweig offer 75+ programs in bachelors, master, doctorate and staatsexamen.
- University offers bachelor programs such as Bachelor in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio & chemistry, pharmacy, biology etc. Master degree is offered in architecture, engineering, arts and social sciences.
- The university offers all courses in German language except International Computer science engineering course which is offered in English as well as German language.
braunschweig university of technology admission requirements
Applications for getting admissions at Braunschweig Technical University are online. Applicants should first complete an online application form and take out the print of the form. Assessment fee should be paid and receipt should be enclosed with other documents. Then the signed form along with all other documents must be uploaded on the application portal. Depending upon the country, some entrance exam for bachelor degree applicants is required.
- Application form: Official Website
- Application fee: 70 EUR
|Semester||Start date||Last date|
|Winter||1 June||15 July|
|Summer||1 December||15 January|
Documents and eligibility:
- Printed and signed online Application – Antrag and Zulassung
- Certified and translated copy of high school/college certificates
- Application fee payment receipt
- Certified and translated copy of entrance exam results (if applicable)
- Additional course wise requirements
- German language proficiency:
|TestDaF||4 points in each section|
|Goethe Institute certificate||C2|
|Telc Deutsch Hochschule||C1 level|
- English language proficiency for courses offered in English/International courses:
|Test type||Minimum score|
|DAAD language certificate or equivalent||3Xb2 and 1xC1 or higher|