Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Suncoast Technical College Fire Academy is Florida’s number one Fire Academy offering a two part course – the first part is a state certified Firefighter I academy, with the second part being our custom STC Fire academy which focuses on preparing you for the fire department interview.
Collegelearners affords you unrestricted access to a litany of relevant information on suncoast technical college programs, suncoast technical college tuition, suncoast technical college dual enrollment, suncoast technical college calendar, suncoast technical college staff directory, suncoast technical college emt program, suncoast technical college north port and so much more.
Suncoast Technical College Fire Academy
About Suncoast Technical College – Fire Science Academy Extension
Suncoast Technical College – Fire Science Academy Extension is a well known College / Institute based in Sarasota, Florida, United States and established /founded in the is a modern educational institution. Suncoast Technical College – Fire Science Academy Extension is a Private) Academy and offers education mainly in ARTS/SCIENCE/ENGINEERING/ LAW ETC. The main object of the institute is to provide quality education to enhance individual performance and elevate professional standards through innovative training programs in varied disciplines, research and extension activities.
Suncoast Technical College – Fire Science Academy Extension has established itself as an institute of great repute in the area of ARTS/SCIENCE/ENGINEERING/ LAW ETC. Join us in building a successful partnership in carving a great future and embark on a fascinating journey with Suncoast Technical College – Fire Science Academy Extension
|OCP||Course Number||Course Title||Length|
|A||FFP0030||Firefighter I||191 Hours|
|B||FFP0031||Firefighter II||301 Hours|
- Form DFS-K4-1016
- Fingerprint Processing
- Tobacco Affidavit
- Form DFS-K4-1022(*Required before taking the Agility Test – IMPORTANT – Print both pages. Doctor MUST sign both pages.)
- Physical Ability Evaluation Candidate Orientation Guide
- Program Overview (Learn More…)The Firefighter Program prepares students for entry-level firefighter positions in fire service. Introduction to Fire Science is a required course to obtain certification as a Florida State Firefighter. Students may apply for direct admission and must meet all entrance requirements.
The Firefighter (Minimum Standards) State Certification course for firefighters is a mentally, physically, and emotionally challenging program that includes extensive classroom and practical elements.
- *Costs & Fees are listed as ALL-INCLUSIVE ESTIMATIONS and are subject to change.
- Program Details
- Campus LocationSarasota
- Course HoursThis program is 492 hours in length.
- Careers & SalariesFor specific occupation information, including wages, employment trends and more, visit the following links:Firefighters
www.onetonline.org/link/summary/33-2011.00For other O*Net Online information, please visit:
- Entrance/Exit RequirementsThe required basic skills grade levels are Reading-10, Math-10 and Language-10 and must be met prior to program completion or a FL High School Graduate after 2007 is assessed through the TABE.Applicants must also:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Provide proof of medical/physical examination, including an electrocardiogram (EKG) before the beginning of class.
- Complete a fingerprint & criminal background check.
- Be in excellent physical condition to participate in strenuous physical activity in hostile environments without restrictions.
- Take the TABE prior to the Mandatory Meeting.PLEASE NOTE: For more information contact the STC Fire Science Academy Extension at 941-361-6629.All applications must be submitted by the application deadline in order to be considered for the program of choice. Applicants are only eligible for selection into a program if all required elements are complete and on file. No application will be considered for selection if elements are missing or incomplete. Call 941-924-1365 / Ext. 62283 for current program application deadlines.
- Industry CertificationsIndustry Certifications/State Credentials:
How much does Suncoast Technical College cost?
|Suncoast Technical College Cost of Attendance|
|On-Campus Room and Board|
|Off-Campus Room and Board|
|Average Annual Cost|
|Average Cost by Family Income|
|Family Income||Average Cost|
Suncoast Technical College Financial Aid and Debt
Financial Aid Breakdown for Full-time Incoming Freshman
|Aid Type||% Receiving||Average Amount|
|Grant or scholarship aid||39%||$2,308|
|Other federal grants||2%||$1,045|
|State/local goverment grant or scholarships||16%||$1,045|
|Institutional grants or scholarships||3%||$1,045|
|Student loan aid|
|Federal student loans|
|Other student loans|
Contact Suncoast Technical College to learn about their financial aid program
Though Suncoast Technical College does not offer Micro-Scholarships on RaiseMe, over 300 other colleges do.
Over 1 million high school students are earning no-essay college scholarships for their grades, activities, and other achievements.
Sign up for a free RaiseMe profile and see how much you can earn!Sign Up
|Play a sport||140||Up to $1,500|
|Take a foreign language class||185||Up to $5,000|
|Take a challenging class||288||Up to $3,000|
|Have perfect attendance for a year||199||Up to $2,100|
|Do an extracurricular activity||276||Up to $3,000|
*GPA and other eligibility restrictions may apply
Ready to start the application process for Suncoast Technical College?
The application fee for Suncoast Technical College is $45Apply Here
Suncoast Technical College Campus Life
Student to Faculty Ratio
Four-Year Graduation Rate
Six-Year Graduation Rate
|Living on campus|
|Under Age 25||49%|
Suncoast Technical College Graduation Success
First Year Student Retention
Average Salary After Graduation
About Suncoast Technical College
4748 Beneva Rd
* Financial aid is only available for those who qualify