If you are seeking to learn about Masters In Islamic Studies Karachi University for the first time, the subject might seem overpowering for those who have not researched the subject before, but you are likely to be fascinated by the information you come across.
Read more about Colleges offering MA Islamic Studies in Karachi, Master of Arts in Islamic Studies, M.A. Islamic Studies Eligibility and M.A. Islamic Studies Syllabus. You can also find articles related to Advanced Courses in M.A. Islamic Studies on infolearners.
4 Universities and Colleges are offering MA Islamic Studies in Karachi
|1. Metropolitan University Karachi||Karachi||MA , 2 Years||0||30-03-2021|
|2. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science & Technology, Karachi||Karachi||MA , 2 Years||36000||10-12-2021|
|3. F.g Urdu College||Karachi||MA , 2 Years||01-01-1970|
|4. Jinnah Postgraduate College For Girls||Karachi||MA , 2 Years||01-01-1970|
Master of Arts in Islamic Studies
|Duration2 Years||LevelPost Graduation|
|TypeDegree||EligibilityGraduation or Equivalent|
M.A. Islamic Studies or Master of Arts in Islamic Studies is a postgraduate Religious study course. Islamic Studies is an ambiguous term with one connotation in a traditional near-Eastern context and another in a Western context. In a Muslim context, “Islamic studies” can be an umbrella term for all virtually all of academia, both originally researched and as defined by the Islamization of knowledge. It includes all the traditional forms of religious thought, such as Kalam (Islamic theology) and Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) and assimilates fields generally considered to be secular in the West, such as Islamic science and Islamic economics. The duration of M.A. in Islamic Studies is mostly of two academic years but it may vary from institute to institute.
M.A. Islamic Studies Eligibility
- Candidates should have passed graduation in Islamic Studies or in related disciplines securing at least 50% marks from a recognized university board.
- Further, students who have passed Fazil (Graduation) examination securing at least 50% marks from a Madarsa which has been recognized by any of the State Boards of the Madarsas.
- Applicants should have proficiency in English and Urdu/Persian/Arabic and knowledge of Theology and teachings of Islam.
- The marks for admission may vary from institute to institute and in various colleges and Universities, it conducts entrance exams plus interview for the admission of the students.
M.A. Islamic Studies Syllabus
Syllabus of Islamic Studies as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|M.A. (Pre.) Islamic Studies|
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||History of Muslim Civilization (from the Advent of Islam till the fall of Baghdad i.e. 1258 A.D)|
|2||History of Muslim Civilization in The Medieval Period-Sundry Dynasties|
|3||Islamic Religious Sciences: The Quran, Hadith, Fiqh and Tasawwuf|
|4||Development of Muslim Sects, Kalam and Philosophy|
|(B) Non-Muslim’s Contribution to Islamic Studies|
|M.A. (Final) Islamic Studies|
|1||Islam in the Indian Subcontinent|
|2||Islam in The Modern Age (from 1800 A.D. onwards)|
|3||Muslim Reform Movements and Thinkers|
|4||Major World Religions (Aryans & Semitic Religions)|
|(B): Special Study of Medieval Muslim Contribution to Science, Technology and Fine Arts|
M.A. Islamic Studies Colleges
- Jamia Millia Islamia – JMI, New Delhi
- Osmania University – OU, Hyderabad
- University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- University of Madras, Chennai
M.A. Islamic Studies Course Suitability
- The course is suitable for those who have an interest in Islamic Studies and want to cooperate in its development and related areas etc.
- It helps those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree levels both college and university in private and government institutions.
- The course is suitable for those working within or associated with Muslim communities, in minority and majority contexts.
- Candidates those who want to develop a greater understanding of the people, cultures and religious perspectives within which they are working.
How is M.A. Islamic Studies Course Beneficial?
- After passing the Master’s degree course, applicants have a lot of job scopes in Colleges/Universities, travel journalism, travel and tourism industry, newspaper and magazine.
- They can get jobs in rural development departments, community & Health, media & press and cultural fields as well.
- They can also work for the development and uplift of Muslim communities in the native country in the form of a social worker.
- The Master Degree course develops skills for individuals to progress for further postgraduate study such as M.Phil. and Ph.D.
M.A. Islamic Studies Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- Religious Centres
- Coaching Centres
- Content Writings
M.A. Islamic Studies Job Types
- Tourist Guide Translator
- Article Writer & Columnist
- Regional & Urban Planner
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Home Tutor
- Social Welfare Officer
- Operator & Translator
Advance Courses in M.A. Islamic Studies
- M.Phil. (Islamic Studies)
- Ph.D. (Islamic Studies)