In the age of digitalization, education has transformed into a realm where learning knows no bounds. For those aspiring to venture into the intricate world of mechanical engineering, the question of accessibility has never been easier to answer. In this article, we delve into the world of free online mechanical engineering courses that come with certificates of completion, the best certifications to boost your mechanical engineering career, the feasibility of learning this complex field online, and the time it takes to become a qualified mechanical engineer from the comfort of your home.
A group of 7+ members at takethiscourse.net has compiled down a list of 10 best free online engineering courses with certificate of completion. This list has been finalized after careful consideration and the team has made sure that all these 10 engineering courses are the best ones. So let us take a look at these Free Online Engineering Courses With Certificate of Completion and what they have to offer and then you can pick any free online course from here and start learning from it whenever you want. You can also checkout similar courses here.
|1.||Machine Design||Georgia Tech||★★★★★ 4.8||31 Hours|
|2.||Robot Mechanics and Control||Seoul National University||—||04 Weeks|
|3.||Applications in Engineering Mechanics||Georgia Tech||★★★★★ 4.8||16 Hours|
|4.||Flight Vehicle Aerodynamics||MIT||—||16 Weeks|
|5.||CAD and Digital Manufacturing Specialization||Auto Desk||★★★★★ 4.7||72 Hours|
|6.||Materials Science and Engineering||MSIS National University of Science & Technology||—||07 Weeks|
|7.||Introduction to State Space Control||MIT||—||04 Weeks|
|8.||Vehicle Dynamics I: Accelerating and Braking||IFAS – Institute of Automotive and Powertrain Engineering||—||—|
|9.||Mechanical measurement systems||NPTEL||—||08 Weeks|
|10.||Mechanics Review||MIT||—||04 Weeks|
In order to help our readers in taking a knowledgeable learning decision, TakeThisCourse.net has introduced a metric to measure the effectiveness of an online course. Learn more about how we measure an online course effectiveness.
List of Free Online Engineering Courses with Certificate of Completion:
The following are the names and details of the 10 best free online engineering courses with certificate of completion.
- Unviersity of Colorado Boulder via Coursera
- The only top 5 ranked online electrical engineering graduate program with no application
- 24 months (degree) | 6-9 months (graduate certificate) | 4-6 weeks (individual course)
- 30 credits (degree) | 9 credits (graduate certificate) | 0.6-1.2 credits (individual course)
- GeorgiaTech via Coursera
- 31 hours of effort required
- 65,757+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (1,471 Reviews)
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
Can You Learn Mechanical Engineering Online?
The short answer is a resounding “yes.” With the proliferation of high-quality, accredited online educational platforms, the dream of becoming a mechanical engineer is now attainable for people from all walks of life. Online courses offer the same rigor and quality of education as traditional brick-and-mortar institutions. These digital academies have expert instructors, engaging coursework, and hands-on projects, making it possible to master the intricacies of mechanical engineering from the comfort of your own home.
What Are the Best Certifications to Have for Mechanical Engineers?
Certifications can be a game-changer for mechanical engineers. They not only validate your skills but also enhance your employability and earning potential. Here are some of the best certifications in the field:
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE): This is the initial step towards professional engineering licensure. It’s a comprehensive exam that covers a wide range of engineering topics and is highly respected in the industry.
- Professional Engineering (PE): After obtaining your FE, you can work towards your PE license. This credential opens doors to advanced roles and allows you to legally sign off on engineering projects.
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA): If you’re interested in 3D modeling and CAD design, this certification is highly valuable. SolidWorks is a widely used software in the mechanical engineering field.
- Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT): This certification is ideal for those interested in manufacturing processes and technologies. It’s offered by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME).
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE): For those focused on quality and reliability, CRE certification is a valuable addition to your resume. It’s offered by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- Certified Automation Professional (CAP): As automation and robotics become integral to the field, CAP certification is vital for engineers involved in this area.
How Long Does It Take to Complete a Mechanical Engineering Course?
The duration of a mechanical engineering course depends on the level and the specific program. Here’s a general overview:
- Associate’s Degree: Typically takes 2 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A full-time program usually takes 4 years.
- Master’s Degree: Around 2 years after earning a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctorate (Ph.D.): This is the most advanced level and can take anywhere from 3 to 7 years to complete, including research and thesis work.
However, online courses often offer more flexibility, allowing you to adjust the pace to fit your schedule. It’s worth noting that the time it takes to earn a degree can be reduced if you have transferable credits or if you opt for accelerated programs.
Can I Learn Mechanical Engineering at Home?
Absolutely! Learning mechanical engineering at home is not only possible but also increasingly popular. Online courses offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Flexibility: You can learn at your own pace, making it easier to balance education with work or other responsibilities.
- Affordability: Online courses are often more cost-effective than traditional programs, with many free or low-cost options available.
- Diverse Resources: Access to a wealth of resources, including video lectures, forums, and interactive simulations.
- No Geographical Barriers: You can choose from programs offered by universities and institutions worldwide, without having to relocate.
- Tailored Learning: Online courses often provide personalized learning experiences and the opportunity to choose specific areas of focus within mechanical engineering.
In conclusion, the path to becoming a mechanical engineer has never been more accessible. Free online mechanical engineering courses with certificates of completion open the doors to a dynamic and rewarding career in this field. Whether you’re starting from scratch or enhancing your existing knowledge, the online learning landscape is rich with opportunities to pursue your mechanical engineering dreams from the comfort of your home.