MBBS in China is one of the most profitable courses offered by educational institutions in China. However, this isn’t the only requirement of education. Some of the students who study MBBS in China like to study some other subjects simultaneously with it. These subjects are related with their chosen field. Therefore, there are some disadvantages of studying MBBS in China, is it good to study mbbs in china & is it worth studying mbbs in china.
China is a beautiful country and eastern neighbor of India. The approval by MCI of Chinese Medical Universities makes the Indian Student travel to their land. China has several numbers of the esteemed university that provides knowledge at an affordable price. While looking at the advantages of studying in China, we can’t ignore the problems. Here are a few disadvantages explained which you should look for before admission.
Right here on Collegelearners, you can rest assured to obtain relevant information on is it good to do MBBS from China, disadvantages of studying MBBS in India, disadvantages of studying MBBS in Russia, amongst others. Visit our catalogue for more information on similar topics.
Is it Worth Studying MBBS in China
While looking at the advantages of studying in China, we can’t ignore the problems. Here are a few disadvantages explained which you should look for before admission.
Disadvantages Of Studying MBBS In China
Low Passing Percentage
The students studying Medical courses in China face the difficulty in passing the FMGE examination.
- FMGE is an examination the international students have to qualify after graduating for the registration with MCI.
- According to sources, in 2016 out of 3772, only 261 passed the examination.
- This roughly calculates into 6.9 passing percentage of the students.
- The declining percentage of students passing has created a loss of interest in studying in China.
Need to Learn a New Language
- The students coming from abroad have to learn the local language.
- Most of the international students face this language barrier between them and the natives.
- With the burden of studying medicine, the students have to take one more charge of learning a new language.
- The natives are not efficient in spoken English which makes it difficult to communicate for international students.
- During an internship in hospitals, international students are provided with translators to communicate with the patient.
- It makes it difficult for doctors to communicate with the patient properly.
Beware of Fraud
China has a plethora of universities which provides education for Medical. In these universities, few have low-quality knowledge. These are fraud university, and the degree from these universities does not carry any value.
- According to the source, China has more than 35% university, which has been ranked ‘C’ by the MCI.
- These universities provide very low-quality education and creates zero experience for the students.
There are many disadvantages which cannot be categorized into a single term. These issues should also be looked after before taking the big step of admission.
- The international students are prohibited from touching the patient during an internship.
- The training of students is not done in actual bodies; instead, it is done on dummies.
- MBBS course abroad in the low budget can get a better option in other neighboring countries.
The Advantages of Studying MBBS in China
If you are planning to study MBBS in China, you can take admission in China. The culture, food, and education attract students from all over the world. Here are the few points you can look for before applying for admission.
Eligible for Medical License
According to the source, there are 43 Medical University in China that is accredited by the Chinese government. These universities are listed in “Directory of World Medical School.” It is also listed in the top university by the World Health Organization.
- The students graduating from these universities can sit in the National Medical Licensing exam for Medical Licensee..
- For Indian students, they are eligible to appear in medical license exams conducted by MCI.
- The other license exams in which the students can appear are PMDC, PLAB, USMLE, SCHC, etc.
Grab a Degree from a Globally Recognized University
The students qualifying from the renowned University in China have the fortune to be granted by graduation certificate.
- This certificate holds a reputation to be recognized internationally.
- The students coming from abroad get the certificate in English written boldly that the student has qualified MBBS.
- The degree from a recognized university helps in applying for an internship from reputed hospitals.
- The MCI approves this degree and provides jobs in top hospitals in India.
Be a Part of the Best
The Chinese universities rank in the top 500 universities of the world. Each year a lot of students from abroad fly to China for MBBS course.
- China has lots of medical universities which provide an option to choose for students
- Peking University and Fudan University are one of the best universities in China.
- The universities focus on student comfort. They have a flexible education system for international students.
- Due to the inclusion of a high number of international students, most universities are English medium.
China is one of the most affordable countries for a living. The cost of studying MBBS lowers by 60-70% in China.
- The six-year medical course in China costs around $30,000-50,000.
- Whereas in the UK or US, the cost gets doubled.
- The annual fee for well-recommended university is between $1000-2000.
- The students do not need to pay any donation fees before admission.
- This takes out a lot of burden from students.
- The government of China provides subsidized tuition fee rates to the students.
Safety and Security
China is a country of harmony and peace. Here are a few points which show it is one of the safest countries to live.
- The Chinese government has strict rules for the regulation of crime.
- The government provides exceptional care for international students to provide a healthy environment inside the university campus.
- The Chinese rules are strict for criminals due to which the crime rates are dropping each year.
- The Chinese universities are equipped with high-tech technology and modern instruments.
- The full furnished campus and hostel provide a standard of living to students.
- The university has different clubs to provide recreational activities to the students.
Be a Part of the Profound Culture
- China has the oldest medical history of more than 23 century old.
- The herbal medicines are at least 2200 years old.
- The students coming to china seeking for knowledge in medical became part of this culture.
- Chinese food is loved all over the world.
- The lip-smacking taste of sauces and noodles attracts many.
- Chinese cuisine has a wide variety of food items which the students coming from abroad can enjoy deliciously.
Disadvantage of Studying Medical in China
Though MBBS in China remains popular, fewer people are choosing to study MBBS from China now. This is because there are many disadvantages of studying MBBS in China:
- Very Low FMGE Passing Percentage: Of the 3,935 graduates from China who appeared for the test in 2014, 352 (8.9 per cent) cleared it. In 2015, 3,536 candidates appeared but 275 (7.7 per cent) passed. In 2016, 3,772 candidates appeared but only 261 (6.9 per cent) passed. FMGE is a screening test that has to be cleared by foreign medical graduates before their registration with the Medical Council of India. The average pass percentage for FMGE is 20-25 per cent. The low FMGE passing percentage is the biggest disadvantage of studying MBBS in China.
It was also recently published that only 35% of Nepali student cleared the screening test of their country after MBBS from China whereas 60% of Nepali students cleared their screening test after MBBS from Bangladesh.
- Need to learn the local language: Students need to learn Mandarin which is considered very hard. Mandarin has been ranked as the toughest language to learn in the world. Students are required to clear HSK exams which is like IELTS. As per the list maintained on the website of MCI, only 45 colleges teach in English and have limited seats. All other colleges (200+) are listed as teaching in English + Mandarin language.
- Availability of Better Alternatives: If you are looking for MBBS abroad in 5-year duration then you have options of Kyrgyzstan (low-budget) and Bangladesh (highest FMGE passing percentage). Both options are good and there are more options like Russia, the Philippines and Ukraine available for Indian students.
Why study medicine in china?
1. Strong economy and stable society
Economically, China is among the strongest countries in the world. The country is not facing any internal security problems and also has an amazing infrastructure.
2. Lots of choice
There are hundreds of medical schools and universities in China offering education to thousands of students, both foreign and local, so plenty of options to choose from. This includes some of the best medical schools in the world, such as Peking University and Fudan University. Almost all of China’s medical schools are registered in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
3. Low tuition fees
Tuition fees for medical schools in China are very low. Annually, it would cost you around US$1,000-2,000.
4. Fast-track qualification
Most universities in China offer their medical degrees as a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). The MBBS program is a fast-track process to become a doctor. It lasts five years, which means you can become a certified physician way faster than those studying medicine in the US, Canada or Germany, where it takes seven to eight years to completely become a doctor.
5. Study traditional medicine
As well as teaching modern medicine, Chinese medical schools also teach students about traditional medicine and ancient medical techniques such as acupuncture. This is not usually the case in other countries, and is a good opportunity to broaden your understanding.
6. Learn the world’s most-spoken language
Medical courses in most universities are taught in English, but it’s also required to study the Chinese language as a separate subject, which is not a bad thing!
7. A huge country to explore
Geographically, China is huge. It is full of natural and artificial wonders, and if you study in China you’ll have the opportunity to explore at least some of these. You’re probably picturing a university in Beijing or Shanghai, with all those skyscrapers and busy roads, but there’s so much more to the country, and it’s all well-connected.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in China
Food and Accommodation
Most Indian students after joining MBBS in China prefer staying in some PG’s or rented rooms nearby the college. The rent for staying outside is much more when compared with the hostel fees and the students will have to pay separately for their food and other requirements. This practice is highly disapproved by most of the consultants as they may affect the students health and their financial conditions. The food available outside is costly and we are not sure that they are hygienic. Thus staying outside hostel may not be a great idea for Indian students.
As the mother tongue and the official language is Russian, it will be difficult for Indian students to cope up with the locals there. Most of the colleges teach courses only in Russian. The students must be careful before selecting the medical colleges. Only medical colleges which specifies bilingual or English will take classes in English. If not the student must have to learn the language which is not required in other English speaking countries
China, generally is an cold and large country. Climatic conditions varies with India but expect the country has longer winter season. One could expect frequent snowfalls from June till Jan. Also there are chances of heavy diseases hitting more often which could affect the life style much badly in China.
Exposure to Modern Culture
China culture is entirely based on western countries. This is the reason for which the country mainly is English. The exposure to night life and to late nights pubs may affect their health and studies. Also practicing harmful drugs and alcohol may happen to students through night life habits which could divert them from their studies. For these reasons every consultant will advise the students and parents to stay in college hostel approved by the medical colleges.
MCI Screening Test
Indian students who are graduated from medical colleges outside India will have to take screening test conducted by the Medical Council of India. Only students who pass this screening test will be allowed to practice medicine in India. Each year the MCI screening test will be conducted twice. Most of the consultants are providing special coaching for students who are about to complete their education. Students are advised to take these coaching so that they could take the FMGE exams without fear.
MCI Eligibility Certificate
Indian students before applying for studying MBBS in China or in any foreign country should apply for MCI eligibility certificate from the government of India. Also, Indian students are recommended to prefer medical colleges that are listed among the MCI list. Getting these Eligibility certificate are much easier when students apply through consultants. All you have to do is to look for the best consultant and apply for studying MBBS through them. All the processing works like MCI certificate, Visa processing, getting admit cards, flight tickets will be arranged by the consultant.
Lesser Clinical Rotations
Generally, the students studying MBBS in China spend their first three years in class rooms facing the LCD monitors. They are not allowed to take their lab sessions. The students are given permission for clinical rotations only by the end of fourth year. This makes students less exposure towards patients and the real life disease patterns. Also, except manila every state of China is not much developed. So the chances of having practical knowledge is much lesser in most of the China medical colleges.
studying medicine in china
Medical education in China is normally a five-year Bachelor degree, plus one-year internship (or clinical rotation, during which students are actively involved in patient care) before the final degree is awarded. Clinical specialization usually involves a two- or three-year Master degree. Acceptance is based on the national entrance examination used for all universities. There are 45 colleges in China that teach in English and accept foreign medical students for 2016/2017 intake.
The degree conferred is known as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
1. Wuhan University, Wuhan
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
School of Medicine of Wuhan University was founded in 1923. It includes 5 schools, 6 research centers and 3 A-Level Grade Ⅲ affiliated hospitals. The hospitals have 5080 beds, 15 million out-patients per year, 50,000 in-patients per year, 25,000 major operations and a full list of disciplines covering 100 clinical and auxiliary departments and 30 laboratories.
It has a competent staff with an impressive figure of 2500, 1125 of whom are professors, chief physicians, associate professors and deputy chief physicians. The school now has more than 5,100 students, including 3,000 undergraduates, 1,500 graduates and 600 foreign students. Through academic exchanges, the school maintains good relationships and collaborates with hospitals and institutes in America, Britain, France, Germany, Finland and Japan as well as Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Clinical Medicine (MBBS) is mainly to train the international students capacities of body structure and function in human beings, human behavior, and normal state of mind; Causes of common diseases and frequently-occurring diseases including mental illnesses, the impact of environmental, social, behavioral and psychological factors on the occurrence and development of diseases and the importance of disease prevention; Pathogenesis, clinical symptoms, diagnosis and preventive ways of common diseases and frequently-occurring diseases; Basic knowledge of pharmacology and clinical principles of rational drug use; Normal pregnancy and delivery, common obstetric emergency treatment, principles of prenatal and postnatal health care, and family planning; Health education and disease prevention, common diseases, disabilities, rehabilitation, hospice care, and general practice; Knowledge of clinical epidemiology; Basic patterns of development and spread of infectious diseases, and prevention of common infectious diseases.
This program includes three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
WHU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as USMLE, PLAB, AMC, MCI, PMDC, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
The internship is arranged in the 6th year with duration of 1 year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do the internship/training in China, their home country or any other country. During the internship period, the tuition fee is still RMB 40,000 per year.
Study Duration – 6 years (inclusive of 1 year internship)
Tuition Fee – RMB 40,000 per year
2. Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan
Clinical Medicine (MBBS)
This program aims at cultivating elementary doctors of high quality that guarantees that they can engage in medical practice with effectiveness and security after graduation under the guidance of senior doctors, and that they have proper foundation to go on study through their lives and make advanced study in a certain discipline field of the medical science.
Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology was first founded in 1907. Before merging with HUST, it was a key medical university and directly under the leadership of the Ministry of Health. The comprehensive strength in teaching and research ranks the top of China’s medical university.
5 Tri-A hospitals totally with 5400 beds are attached to Tongji Medical College, among which both Tongji Affiliated Hospital and Union Affiliated Hospital are top-ranking hospitals in China. Complete medical departments, solid technological strength, advanced diagnostic equipment and rich clinical experience make them China’s standardized clinical teaching base, as well as the diagnostic and therapeutic center in central China. The MBBS program is composed of 6 years and goes through 5 periods:
|1st year :||pre-medical study with English instruction|
|2nd year :||theory study with English instruction|
|3rd -4th year :||basic and clinical medicine study with bilingual instruction in English and Chinese|
|5th year :||clinical medicine study and practice with Chinese instruction|
|6th year :||internship in hospital with Chinese instruction|
Human Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Medical Microbiology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Medical Immunology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology
Note：With the purpose of enhancing the students’ language skills in communication with patients, and getting prepared for the clinical internship in China, the teaching instruction of MBBS program is arranged as above. Text books, exams and graduation thesis will all be in English.
Study Duration: 6 years (inclusive of 1 year internship)
Tuition fee: 40,000 RMB/year
3. Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is a comprehensive national university founded in 1897. It is directly under the administration of MOE.The syllabus of MBBS program is set according to the MOE regulation and IIME requirements and students can choose to do the internship/training in China or their home country.The discipline of Clinical Medicine ranks the 7th in China with the Internal Medicine, Surgery, Paediatric and Oncology as key national disciplinesZJU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as USMLE, PLAB, AMC, MCI, PMDC, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
Program DescriptionThe main courses in pre-clinical medicine stage include Biochemistry, Anthroponomy, Embryology, Physiology, Pathogen Biology, Pathology, Pharmacology, pathophysiology and Diagnostics etc.According to the regulations of MOE, students also need to take Chinese Language and Chinese Culture courses to pass HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) grade 4 which is a requirement for the internship in China.ZJU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
Main CoursesThe program takes six years to complete.
|Year Courses||1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|1st Academic Year|
|Calculus, General Chemistry , Introduction to Modern Biological Science, Physical Education, Chinese||Calculus, General Chemistry, General Physics, Organic Chemistry, Cell Biology,, Chinese, Physical Education|
|2nd Academic Year|
|Anatomy I, Biochemistry (including Lab), Histology, embryology, Chinese||Anatomy II, Medical Genetics, Physiology, History of Medicine, Chinese |
|3rd Academic Year|
|Pathology, Pathophysiology, Immunology, Medical Psychology, Chinese Traditional Medicine, Medical Chinese, Survey of China||Microbiology, Pharmacology, Preventive medicine, Introduction of Surgery, Diagnostics|
|4th Academic Year|
(Pre-Clinic and Clinic)
|Forensic medicine, Biomedical Informatics, Introduction to Family Medicine, Social medicine and ethics, Epidemiology,||Medicine I, Surgery I, Radiology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology.|
|5th Academic Year|
|Medicine III, Surgery III, Paediatrics||Infectious diseases, Neurology, Psychiatry, Dermatology and Venereology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Stomatology, Emergency medicine.|
|6th Academic Year|
|Senior clerkship||Senior clerkship|
The students must score 190 in HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi, the Chinese Proficiency Test) Level IV or above and pass HSKK (HSK Speaking Test) Intermediate Level before taking the senior clerkship in China.
InternshipThe internship is arranged in the final year. You can choose to do the internship/training in China or their home country.If you want to do internship in China, you need to pass the HSK 4 to contact with the patients and the tuition fee for this year is as normal RMB 42,800 per year. The internship will be carried out in the 6 Grade III Class A affiliated hospitals of Zhejiang University. These hospitals have a total capacity of over 7700 beds, 8780,000 emergency visits and 238,000 inpatients.
Study Duration – 6 years (inclusive of 1 year internship)Tuition Fee – RMB 42,800 per year
4. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou
General Information about MBBS Course:
In 2006, for the first time, the Sun Yat-sen University enrolled a total of 101 foreign students majoring in clinical medicine with five-year full English teaching. They were mainly from India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc. Their curriculum, training requirements and quality control were in line with those for Chinese students, but in full English teaching. Specifically, the university opened courses of Chinese, Medical Chinese etc. for MBBS students, which were taught by selected excellent teachers; besides, outstanding Chinese students from eight-year educational system were chosen as teaching assistants to help MBBS students to solve difficulties in study. After three and a half years of theoretical study, six months of clinical clerkship and one year of internship in one of the affiliated hospitals of Sun Yat-sen University, the majority was capable of completing all courses and passed the graduation exam. 81 students met the requirements set by “Detailed Regulations of Sun Yat-sen University on Bachelor’s Degrees” and got a degree.
In 2007, we enrolled 95 MBBS students. After five years of study, 91 students met the requirements and graduated with a degree.
The enrollment was suspended in 2008, 2009 and 2010. During this period, drawing lessons from the past, the university improved the teaching quality for MBBS students by exploring ways from different perspectives, including optimizing curriculum, building excellent courses, editing English-language teaching materials, training teachers, innovating teaching quality monitoring mechanism, establishing English training courses and so on. After three years’ efforts, we gradually established a quality assurance system for MBBS students and achieved some improvements.
In 2011, we re-enrolled MBBS students, but the five-year educational system had been changed into one of six years. Up to 2013, we had 119 clinical undergraduates in full English classes (including 2011 Batch and 2012 Batch), representing a proportion of 6.6 % among all international students in our university. Those students are mainly from India (43, 36%), Thailand (21, 18%), Mauritius (18, 15%), Malaysia (9, 8%), Nepal (9, 8%), and other countries (18, 15%).
Academic Strength & Environment
Zhongshan School of Medicine (ZSSOM) lies in the north campus of SYSU, which is in Guangzhou. It has a history of more than 140 years and Dr Sun Yat-sun once studied here. The School covers an area of more than 40,000 square meters, and holds the high-tech equipments which worth over one billion RMB. There are also a bound of provincial-level, university-level, college-level laboratories, such as Educational-Ministry’s Key Laboratory of the Prevention and Control of Tropical Diseases, and of the Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering.
Currently, it offers 15 full-time undergraduate specialties. The undergraduate courses cover 89 subjects, among which 4 have been entitled the honor of “National Elite Courses”, and the clinical medicine is the construction spot of national-level featured major. It is one of the earliest and most influential disciplines in SYSU, honored as “Elite Specialty of the Province”. It ranks the 4th among medical colleges in China.
In the school, there’s a faculty of 353, including 43 professors, 56 associate professors, 121 technicians, 49 doctoral supervisors and 98 master supervisors etc. Many of them are the overseas personnel in the national “A Thousand Talents Program”, Cheung Kong Scholars, the winners of National Outstanding Youth Fund, and the national well-reputed educators.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
- Chinese culture and natural science courses, including an overview of China’s culture, Chinese language, Chinese medical terminology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, physical education, etc. It is required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
- Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
- Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Preventive Medicine, Immunology, Diagnostics, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Pediatrics, Chinese Medicine, etc
Study Duration – 6 years (inclusive of 1 year internship)Tuition Fee – RMB 48,000 per year
5. Sichuan University, Chengdu
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program
West China School of Medicine of Sichuan University offers MBBS Program taught in English to the overseas’ students. English is the language of instruction for the MBBS program and Chinese is a compulsory subject. The program comprised of two years of basic medical science, three years of clinical science training and one year of intership.
West China school of Medicine of Sichuan University has been licensed by Ministry of Education,P.R China to enroll overseas students for the MBBS course in an English medium.There are only 52 medical schools out of 150 who have the authority to enroll international MBBS students in English medium in the list of year 2010. West China school of Medicine is listed in The World Directory of Medical Schools published by WHO.The International Medical Education Directory (IMED),Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECMFG) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). Since it’s beginning in 2001 the university has enrolled nine batches of medical students from Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Singapore, USA, Canada, Korea, Fiji, Cameroon etc into the MBBS courses. Six batches of international MBBS students have graduated from this medical school as of 2011. The MBBS graduates have excelled in the medical council licensing examinations in their respective countries including Nepalese Medical Council Licensing Examinations and Medical Council of India Screening Test Examinations while other graduates have passed USMLE licensing Examination to practice in USA and Australia Medical Council Licensing Examination to practice in Australia. Graduates of this medical school have been employed in reputed government or private hospitals in their home countries.
2. Duration of Course
Course duration is of 5 years + 1 year internship. The internship can either be done at the university hospitals or in one’s home country in a hospital recognized by the Ministry of Health of the concerned country. If the students want to do internship in the hospitals of the university they must pass HSK examination, as per regulations of MOE of China before the 6th year internship.
3.Medium of Teaching
West China School of Medicine, Sichuan University has been conducting MBBS courses in English medium since 2001.Most of the faculties have been educated in USA and Canada. Hence they can excellently teach the MBBS courses in English medium. Every year the university sends more than 200 faculties to USA and Canada for education and training. West China School of Medicine is one of the best and the largest in China. Over 50% of the doctors have experiences of work or being trained in foreign medical institutions.
Study Duration – 6 years (inclusive of 1 year internship)Tuition Fee – RMB 45,000 per year
General and Minimum Entry Requirements for Chinese Universities
- Have an educational background equal to high school graduation in China or have passed Grade Twelve (10+2)/F Sc./A Level / STPM / Matriculation or equivalent with average score of above B+ or over 70%.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, above the age of 18 and under the age of 30 and healthy.
- Come from the English-speaking countries, or IELTS score reaches 6.0 or TOEFL score reaches 530.