With an acceptance rate of 95% in the Fall of 2023, Clarion University of Pennsylvania admissions are not very selective. A total of 2,640 applicants applied for admissions this semester, out of which 2,508 students were offered admission. Currently, 4,700 (3,773 undergraduate) students are enrolled in the university.
Programs offered by the Clarion University of Pennsylvania include 180 undergraduate and 26 graduate programs in 50 areas of study like Arts, Accounting, Biology, Anthropology, Business Administration, Economics and Nursing, and more.
The Clarion University of Pennsylvania invites admissions in the Fall, Spring, Summer, and Winter semesters. Undergraduate admissions are offered on a rolling basis. There are application deadlines for graduate programs.
- Applicants are advised to submit their applications 4 months prior to the commencement of the course they are applying to.
- If applicants have a GPA of more than 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, they can apply for a test-optional policy. They may or may not choose to submit SAT/ACT scores.
- Competitive students have a minimum high school GPA of 3.64 or higher.
- It provides Financial Aid to international students in the form of scholarships and campus employment.
|Application fee||35 USD|
|Average SAT score||1030 – 1070|
|Average GRE score||Not mentioned|
|Minimum GPA Requirement||3.0|
|Mode of payment||E-check/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ CUPay Portal|
|Intake sessions||Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter|
|First-year retention rate||74%|
|Graduation Rate||Six-Year: 48%|
|Total Enrolment||Undergraduate: 3776|
Clarion University Admission Deadlines for International Students
Undergraduate Admissions have rolling admissions whereas Graduate Admissions deadlines sometimes differ. Following are the general admission deadlines:
|Graduate: General Deadline||Fall: July 15|
Spring: November 15
Summer: April 1
Winter: November 1
Special Application Deadlines
|M.S. Speech-Language Pathology: January 31|
Master of Science in Nursing: October 1
Clarion University International Student Admissions
The Clarion University of Pennsylvania accepts international students provided they have completed their application within the deadlines and submitted the additional documents required.
Admission Portal: Online
|Levels Of Study||Online Application (USD)||Paper-based Application (USD)|
- Complete application
- Official High School Transcripts
- Relevant Test Scores. SAT minimum scores are 1030 and ACT are 18
- Financial Support Statement Form
- Copy of Passport
- Personal essay
- Letters of recommendation
- International Student Medical Insurance Coverage
314 Becht Hall
840 Wood St.,
Clarion PA. 16214
840 Wood Street
Clarion PA 16214
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
Given below are the minimum scores required for the English proficiency test scores.
Student Visa Process for International Students
- The students will be required to be accepted in the University before they can be given the Form I-20
- Before that, students are required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of passport identification page
- Bank Statement (bank statements shall reflect at least 6 months of deposit and be in the name of the individual taking responsibility of the payments)
- Financial Affidavit of Support
- After this, pay your SEVIS Fee. Your SEVIS ID will be printed on I- 20.
- Students are required to bring a copy of their online receipt to their interview as well as when they travel to the U.S.
- Students can apply for an F or J visa and schedule an interview by vising the U.S. Embassy website for your country of residence. Following documents are required for the interview:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Form I-20
- Acceptance Letter
- I-901 receipts
- Proof of funding (updates bank details)
- Proof of return to your home country after the program
- A question to be prepared for: WHY chose Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- Students are required to keep their passports and I-20 valid at all times.
- It is also required to notify any changes in the study program, such as, completing before the anticipated date, or changing the course.
- Students in need of assistance with questions relating to visas and maintain a lawful F-1 status must approach the International Programs on campus.
|Indian Certificate of Secondary Education(CISCE)/All India Secondary School Certificate(CBSE) with Transcripts of 10th Standard or Indian School Certificate(CISCE)/ All Indian School Certificate(CBSE) with Transcripts of 12th standard having average marks 60% or equivalent to 2.75 GPA|
|Pakistan||2 A level subjects and 5 General Certificate of Secondary Education(GCSE) subjects. Applicants having only GCSEs should have passed High School with a minimum score of 50%|
|Afghanistan||Should have a minimum score of 80 out of 100 in High School as per Afghan Education System Or marks equivalent to 2.75 GPA|
|Nepal||Students from Nepal should have an average high school academic record as per the Nepali Education System with a minimum score of 45% or higher|
|Bhutan||Should have a minimum score of 50% in High School as per Bhutanese Education System|
Clarion University Undergraduate Admissions
It offers more than 180 undergraduate programs. The most popular majors include Health Professions and Related Programs; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities; Education; and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
Application Portal: Clarion’s Online Application
Application Fee: 35 USD
Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for Clarion University of Pennsylvania admissions:
- Completed Application
- Official High School Transcripts
- Must be accompanied by English translations if not in English.
- Foreign Credential Evaluation by WES/ECE
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.0
- SAT/ACT Scores (Optional, if GPA is more than 3.0 on a scale of 4.0)
- Bachelor of Science course applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0-3.50.
- Essay (Optional)
- Letters of Recommendation (Optional)
- Evidence of a rigorous high school curriculum with Regents classes, Honors classes, and Advanced Placement courses strongly preferred.
- International applicants must submit English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo). Minimum required scores are:
- TOEFL (Internet-Based): 80
- TOEFL (Paper-Based): 550
- IELTS: 7.0
- Bank Statements
- Verification/Affidavit of Sponsor’s Financial Support Form
Clarion University Graduate Admissions
The Clarion University of Pennsylvania offers various graduate courses including on-campus programs, online certificate programs, online master’s programs, and online certification programs. Students are required to submit an application at least four months In advance to ensure smooth notification and arrival of application. Any document not in the English language must be accompanied along with a translation.
Admission portal: Online
Application fee: 40 USD (online application); 50 USD (paper application)
- Admission requirement:
- Professional Credential Evaluating Services:
- World Education Services
- Education Credential Evaluators, INC
The following are the requirements of some of the programs offered in the Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
|Requirements||M.S. in Athletic Training||Master’s in Business Administration||MS in Mass Media Arts and Journalism||MS in Speech-Language Pathology||Nursing|
|Online Application (USD)||40||40||40||40||40|
|Paper-based Application (USD)||50||50||50||50||50|
|Minimum GPA||3.0||Not mentioned||GPA: 2.75*||Not mentioned||GPA:|
|GMAT/GRE||Not required||GMAT required if below 3.0 GPA||GRE: a combined score of 1000 or higher in two sections*||Required||Not required|
|Essay||Not required||Not required||Required||Required||Required|
|Work Experience||Not required||Required||Not required||Not required||Required|
|Professional CV or Resume||Required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Required|
|Letter of Recommendation||Required||Recommended||Recommended||Required||Recommended|
|Interview||Required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Additional Requirements||Complete pre-requisite courses with Grade C or higher|
40 hours of clinical observation
|–||Miller Analogies Test: 400 or higher*|
Statement of Purpose
|25 clinical observation hours|
Certain pre-requisite courses
|College-level course with Grade C or higher|
License as a registered nurse (RN)
The Clarion University takes into consideration multiple factors such as your curriculum, ranks, GPA, profile, relevant test scores, letters of recommendations, work experiences, extra-curricular activities showing leadership qualities, so on and so forth. It is important that you showcase your skills through essays, add any extracurriculars in your resume so as to stand out.
Personal interviews are also highly recommended either in person or electronically.
Students are encouraged to start their application process at least 4 months prior in order to complete the application process as well as the visa process in time.
Students can expect to be notified in 2-3 weeks after the completion of the application process with the decision.
Clarion University Nursing Acceptance Rate:
The acceptance rate for nursing programs can vary significantly from one institution to another. At Clarion University, the acceptance rate for nursing programs can fluctuate year to year and may differ for different types of nursing programs. It’s essential to contact the university directly or visit their official website to get the most up-to-date acceptance rate information.
Clarion University Admission Requirements for Nursing:
While the specific admission requirements for nursing programs at Clarion University may change over time, there are some common prerequisites you can expect:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent: You’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve completed your high school education or obtained a GED.
- Prerequisite Courses: Nursing programs typically require specific prerequisite courses in subjects such as biology, chemistry, and mathematics. Your high school transcripts should reflect successful completion of these courses.
- College Entrance Exam Scores: Many nursing programs, including those at Clarion University, require students to submit standardized test scores like the SAT or ACT.
- Letters of Recommendation: You may be asked to provide letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other individuals who can speak to your academic and personal qualities.
- Personal Statement: A well-crafted personal statement outlining your motivations for pursuing nursing and your career goals can strengthen your application.
- Interview: Some nursing programs require an interview as part of the admission process.
- Nursing School Entrance Exam: Some nursing programs require applicants to take a specialized nursing entrance exam, such as the HESI or TEAS.
Please note that these requirements can change, so it’s essential to check Clarion University’s official website or contact their admissions office for the most current information.
Is Clarion University a Good School for Nursing?
Whether Clarion University is a good choice for your nursing education depends on your specific needs, goals, and preferences. Here are some factors to consider:
- Accreditation: Clarion University’s nursing programs should be accredited by a recognized nursing accreditation body, ensuring that the education you receive meets established quality standards.
- Faculty and Resources: Investigate the faculty’s qualifications, clinical facilities, and resources available to nursing students. A strong faculty and access to up-to-date resources can enhance your educational experience.
- Location: Consider whether Clarion’s location aligns with your lifestyle and career goals. Proximity to clinical sites and potential employment opportunities can be essential.
- Reputation: Research the university’s reputation, including its NCLEX pass rates and job placement statistics for nursing graduates.
- Cost: Compare the cost of tuition and available financial aid options. Nursing education can be expensive, and affordability is an important consideration.
- Support Services: Look into student support services such as tutoring, career counseling, and clinical placement assistance.
In conclusion, Clarion University’s nursing program may be a suitable choice for your nursing education. It’s essential to thoroughly research the program, understand its admission requirements, and assess whether it aligns with your academic and career goals. Remember that your nursing education will significantly impact your future career as a nurse, so choose wisely based on your needs and aspirations.