Making a difference in students’ future lives is why many people go into the field of education. The Master of Arts degree in Education with a Curriculum and Instruction concentration focuses on developing better teachers/educators and a deeper understanding of how to package and facilitate learning experiences. The program is designed for educators who aspire to oversee curriculum and instruction. While the Curriculum & Instruction concentration focuses primarily on PK-12 educators and students’ learning experiences in a school setting, the program also serves a highly diverse group of educators to examine curriculum and instruction from multiple perspectives. This unique degree also provides an opportunity to create personal pathways.
Program Type: Part-Time
Program Length: 2-3 years
Credit Hours: 30
Why This Program & What You’ll Learn
Core courses in The Master of Arts degree in Education will provide you with a foundation in Curriculum and Instruction. Additionally, the MAE-C&I allows you to specialize in two emphasis areas. The areas of emphasis include:
- Contemporary Issues
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Early Childhood
- Educational Technology
- Social Justice
- Special Education
This program does not result in certification for teachers or administrators but may be utilized for professional advancement.
The MAE-C&I is designed to assist teachers and educators in improving learner achievement and builds on the foundational concepts of teacher preparation programs or knowledge from other professional disciplines.
The MAE-C&I program requires completion of a core of 12 semester hours, which includes an integrating experience (Capstone Project, Field Study, or Thesis). Choose two areas of emphasis which consist of 9 credit hours. An academic advisor will work with you to determine your specific courses. All candidates for the MA must complete a minimum of 30-34 semester hours.
For information: Anton’e Williamson, Enrollment Specialist 989-774-2071
Students who completed the MAE-C&I program have stated:
- The program gave me great ideas for collaborating with teachers, classroom management, as well as great information on technology.
- The classes I have completed through this program have changed the way I view teaching and showed me just how much impact I can have on those around me.
- The focus on research-based best practices, developmentally appropriate practice, and foundations of literacy knowledge, have made the most impact on my professional practice.
- I have been able to look at how my district handles curriculum and instruction and compare it to other students in the classroom. Each course has given me more knowledge about my own teaching and has allowed me to better my practices for my students in my classroom.
- This program has allowed me to focus on an area in which I saw a need in my current field (Active Duty Military), which was the current procedures of the military in advanced individual training.
Ultimately, students who complete the MAE-C&I will become more effective teachers in the classroom. Our graduates are also well prepared for professional positions such as instructional coordinator, curriculum specialist, academic support coach, interventionists, museum specialists, outdoor education specialist, or education specialist.
With a background in curriculum and instruction you may also find opportunities within a wide-ranging field of professional disciplines across corporations and organizations.
Central Connecticut State University (CCSU), located in New Britain, Connecticut, has established itself as a prominent institution within the state’s higher education system. With a rich history, a wide array of academic programs, and a diverse student body, CCSU has garnered a reputation that extends far beyond its picturesque campus. In this article, we will explore what CCSU is known for, its standing as a party school, its academic quality, and the important application deadlines for prospective students.
What Is Central Connecticut State University Known For?
- Academic Excellence: CCSU is renowned for its commitment to academic excellence. The university offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs across multiple disciplines. Some of its notable programs include engineering, business, education, and the sciences. CCSU consistently ranks as one of the top public universities in Connecticut, and it boasts a dedicated faculty who are experts in their respective fields.
- Community Engagement: CCSU actively promotes community engagement and service-learning opportunities. The university encourages its students to become active citizens and participate in various outreach programs. Its dedication to community service and the well-rounded education it provides make it a standout institution in this regard.
- Campus Culture: CCSU is known for fostering a vibrant campus culture. It boasts numerous student organizations, clubs, and events that cater to a wide range of interests. Whether you’re into sports, arts, culture, or academics, CCSU offers opportunities for students to get involved and make the most of their college experience.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The university takes pride in its diverse student body and inclusive campus environment. CCSU is committed to creating a welcoming space for students from all backgrounds. This commitment to diversity and inclusion is an integral part of the university’s identity.
Is Central Connecticut State University a Party School?
While CCSU has a lively campus culture with a range of social activities and events, it is not typically classified as a “party school” in the traditional sense. The university prioritizes academics and encourages students to focus on their studies. While there are certainly social opportunities available, CCSU’s reputation is not centered around a party scene.
It is essential to remember that the college experience is what students make of it, and individuals can choose how they want to spend their time at CCSU. For those who prefer a more balanced and academically focused environment, CCSU provides the necessary resources and support.
Is Central Connecticut State University a Good School?
Central Connecticut State University is undeniably a reputable and well-regarded institution. Its academic programs, faculty expertise, commitment to community engagement, and dedication to diversity and inclusion all contribute to its status as a good school. CCSU consistently ranks as one of the top public universities in Connecticut and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), further affirming its commitment to academic quality and standards.
The quality of education at CCSU is reflected in its alumni’s achievements and the impact they make in various fields. Many graduates have gone on to pursue successful careers and contribute significantly to their communities, underscoring the value of a degree from CCSU.
Central Connecticut State University Application Deadline
The application deadline for CCSU may vary depending on the specific program, degree level, and whether you are applying as a freshman, transfer student, or international student. It’s crucial to consult the official CCSU website or contact the university’s admissions office for the most up-to-date information on application deadlines, as they can change from year to year. Generally, application deadlines for fall admission are often in the early months of the year, such as February or March, while spring admissions may have different deadlines.
Central Connecticut State University is known for its academic excellence, commitment to community engagement, vibrant campus culture, and dedication to diversity and inclusion. While it has a lively campus environment, it is not primarily considered a party school. CCSU is recognized as a good school with a strong reputation, offering a range of academic programs and opportunities for students to thrive. Prospective students should make sure to check the official website for current application deadlines to ensure a smooth application process to this esteemed institution.