BE Biomedical Engineering deals with the diagnostic and therapeutic application of engineering techniques by doctors in their healthcare practices. It is a 4-Year UG course dealing with software to run medical equipment.
To be qualified for this course, an applicant probably finished (10+2) from a perceived Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics as subjects. Admission is based on Entrance or Merit Basis.
A portion of the top universities that give BE Biomedical Engineering is referenced below alongside Location, admission process, and expenses.
|College/University Name||Location||Admission Process||Annual Fees|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Madras||IIT-JEE||INR 75,116|
|Indian Institute of Technology||New-Delhi||IIT-JEE||INR 224,900|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay||IIT-JEE||INR 211,400|
|National Institute of Mental Health and NeuroScience||Karnataka||IIT-JEE/ Other Entrance exams||INR 72,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||IIT-JEE||INR 82,070|
The main part of a Biomedical engineering graduate includes inventing the machine either scanning or defibrillators for saving and treating patients. Selling or marketing them to different organizations. Repairing gadgets in the emergency clinic as each emergency clinic has a post of the biomedical engineer as they are answerable for repairing gadgets as MR examine, CT filter, and so on
After the fruitful finishing of 4 years of this under graduation course, an understudy is granted a degree. An alumnus is qualified for either occupations or higher examinations according to wish. The BE Biomedical Engineering starting compensation offered to contrast at section, medium, and master levels. After successful completion of this degree, a candidate receives a salary between INR 5 LPA to 12 LPA. The course fee ranges from INR 10k to 5 LPA.
What is the BE Biomedical Engineering Admission Process?
The admissions BE Biomedical Engineering program depends on both selection tests and legitimacy put together depending upon the University or school. Various schools have an alternate point of view for assessment, yet generally, it is if an understudy score above 45% to half in a selection test or legitimacy based then the odds to get induction into the ideal University or universities are very high. The Candidates who are applying for the Bachelor of engineering or BE Biomedical Engineering program must be having their graduation results from the particular board/colleges. There are certain colleges where Entrance Exams are required.
- Candidates can fill the affirmation structure online through the school site or offline by visiting the school grounds.
- Candidates have required fill subtleties alongside the existing archives.
- Candidates are exceptionally encouraged to view the rundown of Entrance Exams which are relevant for Bachelor of engineering or BE Biomedical Engineering as referenced on sites of various Universities.
- Candidates ought to qualify in the selection test with the necessary qualification of imprints for the specific college/school.
What is BE Biomedical Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
The qualification measures for the Bachelor of engineering or BE Biomedical Engineering program are referenced below:
- The applicant is more likely than not finished graduating with business or expressions with a minimum of 45% to half total imprints from a perceived college or board. The qualification rate shifts according to various colleges and universities. In this manner, candidates are profoundly encouraged to visit the individual school site for additional subtleties.
- Some Institutions take direct confirmation dependent on imprints obtained at graduation level yet the vast majority of the institutions take placement tests of their specific college or school.
Which is the popular BE Biomedical Engineering Entrance Exams?
There are a few universities and colleges in India which have an entrance exam for admission for this course. A better and latest information and understanding of these entrance examinations can be given in the table shown below:
|Entrance Exams||Application Form last date||Exam Date||Result Date|
|IIT JEE (MAINS + ADVANCED)||24-May-2020||January 06 to 11, 2020||January 31, 2020|
|VEE||April 30, 2020||MAY 13,2020||3 rd week of May|
|MHT-CET||February 29, 2020||01 Oct to 15 Oct 2020||Yet to be announced|
|VITEEE||15 Jul 2020 31 Jul 2020||CANCELLED||CANCELLED|
|BITSAT||May 11, 2020||16–23 Sep 2020||Yet to be announced|
How to Prepare for BE Biomedical Engineering Entrance Exams?
A candidate needs to have great abilities and information sets to meet all requirements for the placement test for Bachelor of engineering or BE Biomedical Engineering. A couple of tips to assist you with developing fantastic execution in the test are given below:
- Learning about the schedule for the placement test: The absolute initial step is to download a duplicate of the prospectus from the individual school/selection test site accessible. It is incredible to need to point out realities of the prospectus that can assist one with knowing the profundity of the subject which is included in the course.
- Reading and revising past themes: Do peruse and try to reconsider subjects that can be amazingly fundamental for the point of the examination as it can assist with having an ideal utilization of the time and score great imprints. Revising old books or subjects additionally assists with gaining theoretical learning that makes it much simpler for the applicant at the test time.
- The Golden guideline of “Careful discipline brings about promising results”: A Candidate should practice and reconsider all the ideas before the test the same number of times conceivable with the goal that the last second pressure can be covered away.
How to get admission in a good Bachelor of engineering or BE Biomedical Engineering College?
To tie down admission to a decent quality Bachelor of engineering or BE Biomedical Engineering College, a few variables come into activity. A portion of the following guidelines will be useful in that watch.
- Always get a note of the top schools in the territory that you wish to examine.
- Select specific schools according to models like expenses, straightforward entry, area, and so forth of your decision.
- Check the school sites and comprehend the qualification and affirmation measure.
- Make sure to seek after the instructions given by the schools.
- Always remain refreshed on the universities that you need to apply and in the event of uncertainty make a point to get associated with a call or mail to the administration.
- As careful discipline brings about promising results thus making a point to tackle earlier years question papers the greatest number of you can unravel.
BE Biomedical Engineering: What is it about?
- BE Biomedical Engineering deals with application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology for healthcare purposes (e.g., diagnostic or therapeutic)
- The study of BE Biomedical Engineering involves a broad array of diagnostic and therapeutic applications.
- BE Biomedical Engineering also helps them in the rehabilitation of disabled patients with the doctors and practitioners.
- To be qualified for this course, an applicant probably finished (10+2) or identical examination from a perceived Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics as subjects.
- The main part of a Biomedical engineering graduate includes inventing the machine either scanning or defibrillators for saving and treating patients.
- Repairing gadgets in the emergency clinic as each emergency clinic has a post of the biomedical engineer as they are answerable for repairing gadgets as MR examine, CT filter, and so on.
- After the fruitful finishing of 4 years of this under graduation course, an understudy is granted a degree.
- After successful completion of this degree, a candidate receives a salary between INR 5 LPA to 12 LPA.
- The course fee ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 5,00,000.
BE Biomedical Engineering Course Highlights
|Degree||BE Biomedical Engineering|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Engineering in biomedical engineering|
|Duration||Course Duration of Bachelor Of engineering is 4 Years And Lateral Entry for diploma candidates is 3years.|
|Maximum age limit||23 Years|
|Minimum Percentage||(10+2) 60% AND ABOVE for B.Tech and Lateral Entry diploma with 50% in all semesters.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 10k-5LPA(Depends Upon University and Colleges)|
|Similar Options||B.E or B.Sc|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5LPA- 12LPA per annum|
Why Study BE Biomedical Engineering?
- A BE Biomedical engineering group will be an autonomous organization that has a group of individuals who will work together to achieve a common goal.
- Each individual will share a common objective over the economic, social, cultural, and various other needs of society.
- A candidate pursuing this career will have many roles, responsibilities, and opportunities available throughout their journey.
- A candidate can decide to study further in the field or continue with a job as per the suitable alias.
- The requirement for BE Biomedical engineering graduates will always be in existence for the upcoming time therefore the employment ratio will be rapidly increasing.
Course Comparison table BE Biomedical Engineering
Below given is course comparison between BE Biomedical Engineering and Diploma in biomedical Engineering. This comparison will help students to choose the best subject for themselves.
|Parameters||BE Biomedical Engineering||Diploma in Biomedical Engineering|
|Full Name||Bachelor of engineering in Biomedical Engineering||Diploma in Biomedical Engineering|
|Overview||It is a full-time course that enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of biotechnology which includes designing and maintaining various instruments used in hospitals and labs.||This is a diploma course which enables a candidate to pursue a career in the field of biomedical technology.|
|Degree Type||Graduation Level||HSC|
What are the Top BE Biomedical Engineering Colleges?
|Name of College/University||Location||Average Fees||Average Salary|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Madras||INR 75,116||INR 12 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology||New-Delhi||INR 224,900||INR 11 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay||INR 211,400||INR 9 LPA|
|National Institute of Mental Health and NeuroScience||Karnataka||INR 72,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||INR 82,070||INR 10 LPA|
|Government College of Engineering||Pune||INR 22,171||INR 8.79 LPA|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering||Pune||INR 45,500||INR 7.32 LPA|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 1,59,000||INR 8.75 LPA|
|ACS College of Engineering||Bangalore||INR 50,000||INR 6.40 LPA|
|Anna University||Madurai||INR 30,095||INR 5.50 LPA|
BE Bio-medical Engineering College Comparison
|Parameters||Chandigarh University||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Overview||Chandigarh University is a private university established in 2012 by Punjab State Legislature. It is well known and recognized by UGC. This university holds a good reputation in India.||Indian Institute of Technology in Government college, situated in Madras. It is one of the consistently top ranked universities of India.|
|Admission Process||Merit List + Entrance exam||Merit List + Entrance Exam|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1.59 LPA||INR 75,116k|
|Average Placement Salary||INR 8.75 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
What is the BE Biomedical Engineering Syllabus
What is the BE Biomedical Engineering Syllabus?
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Mathematics-1||Engineering Mathematics- 2|
|Engineering Physics||Fundamentals of Material Science|
|Engineering Chemistry||Environment Science and Surroundings|
|Fundamentals of Civil and Mechanical Engineering||Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|manufacturing Mechanics||Basic Thermodynamics|
|English||Computer Programming languages|
|Practical Lab Session||Practical Lab Session|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Engineering Mathematics-3||Engineering Mathematics-4|
|Fundamentals of Electric circuits and analysis||Practical in Electronic Circuits and analysis|
|Basics of Electronic devices and circuits||Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|Introduction to Switching Theory and logical design||Fundamentals to Electrical and Electronic Instruments|
|Computer programming||Dynamics of Biofluids|
|Strength of Materials||Engineering and Medical Instrumentation-1|
|Practical Lab Session||Practical Lab Session|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Control System and Engineering||Embedded systems in Medicine|
|Introduction to Microprocessor and its applications||Principles of Diagnostic and Therapeutic equipment|
|Fundamentals to Integrated Circuits||Medical Informatics and expert systems|
|Signals and Systems Engineering||Basics of Digital Image Processing|
|Introduction to Biomechanics||Introduction to Biomedical signal processing|
|Engineering and Medical Instrumentation-2||optional Subject 1|
|Practical Lab Session||Practical Lab Session|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Introduction to Radiological equipment||Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation|
|Engineering and Biomaterials||Engineering Economics and sociology|
|Hospital safety, Guidelines, and management||Introduction to Bio-Telemetry and analysis|
|optional subject 2||optional Subject 4|
|optional Subject 3||optional Subject 5|
|Practical Lab Session||Practical Lab Session|
What is the BE Biomedical Engineering Job Prospect
What is the BE Biomedical Engineering Job Prospect?
Biomedical Engineering is one such stream of engineering which uses engineering information and aptitudes to help discover arrangements identified with clinical and organic issues. It is a multidisciplinary subject that consolidates information on different engineering areas like electrical, gadgets, PC, and instrumentation to use it from a functional perspective at the natural level.
- BE Biomedical Engineering graduates have a lot of alternatives to browse as far as their professions.
- One can decide to work with firms, for example, Medical organizations, Hospitals, Instrument Manufacturers, Diagnostic focuses, Installation Units, and so on
To give you a comprehensive perspective on the professional possibilities of the course we have postponed certain territories and the particular jobs joined to a similar where biomedical engineering students can search for as far as their vocation.
|Profession||Description of the job role||Average Salary|
|Bio-medical Engineer||A segment of the renowned master streets open to such graduated class is recorded below close by the yearly typical remuneration and essential employment commitments identified with every one of them||INR 3-5 LPA|
|Instrument Engineer||Crafted by biomedical specialists includes the utilization of engineering ideas in taking care of the everyday issues in the organic space||INR 2-4 LPA|
|Installation Engineer||The occupation includes planning, testing, and refreshing different clinical instruments that are utilized for determination and treatment||INR 4-3 LPA|
|Researcher||The occupation includes the establishment of very good quality clinical hardware (with a group of professionals) made by the particular organizations successfully in the wellbeing foundations||INR 3-9 LPA|
|Maintenance Engineer||The employment of a scientist includes Research and Development in the area to bring out inventive answers for the current issues in the space||INR 3-7 LPA|
What are the Future Prospects of BE Biomedical Engineering?
- An applicant after productive completion of a degree in BE Biomedical engineering can take occupations in various organization territories.
- BE Biomedical graduates can also opt for MTech courses in the same or different specialization.
Bio & Biomedical Engineering is a subdiscipline in the field of Engineering & Technology which aims to improve human health and health care systems through innovative use of technology.
B.Sc.s and M.Sc.s in Bio & Biomedical Engineering are interdisciplinary degrees that involve the same mathematical, analytical, and conceptual knowledge from related fields, such as Biology, Chemical Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Materials Science, and even Computer Science.
Some of the subdisciplines covered by Bio & Biomedical Engineering are orthopaedic implants, medical imaging, stem cell engineering, biomedical signal processing, and others.
Biomedical Engineering students will develop a strong understanding of both biological processes and engineering, allowing them to bring new improvements in the Medicine field. They will learn how to develop, maintain, and improve new machines and medical tools, which are used in hospitals, clinics, and medical research centres. The life of many people will depend on the proper functioning of these devices. It’s crucial that they are reliable and stable, both from a hardware and software point of view.
Bioengineering students will focus more on biological and chemical principles, research, and laboratory work. You will learn everything there is to know about the exciting field of stem cells engineering and creating artificial organs. This, together with cloning, has the potential to save millions of human lives and increase our lifespan significantly. Some are already arguing that if you are alive in 30-50 years, you might live to be 1,000 thanks to advances in Bio and Biomedical Engineering.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Bio & Biomedical Engineering opens promising opportunities and career prospects. You can find exciting work in the following occupations: clinical engineer/scientist, medical device developer, biomechanics engineer, bioengineering researcher.