best ucsd college for political science

UCSD was ranked #55 on College Factual’s most recent list of the best schools for political science majors. This puts the bachelor’s program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #4 in California.

The Political Science & Government major is part of the social sciences program at University of California – San Diego.

Here, you’ll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how UCSD ranks among other schools offering degrees in political science.

Political Science & Government Degrees Available at UCSD

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science
  • Master’s Degree in Political Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Political Science

UCSD Political Science Rankings

UCSD was ranked #55 on College Factual’s most recent list of the best schools for political science majors. This puts the bachelor’s program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #4 in California.

Ranking TypeRank
Most Popular Colleges for Political Science & Government10
Best Political Science & Government Colleges for Non-Traditional Students48
Best Colleges for Political Science & Government55
Best Political Science & Government Colleges for Veterans116
Best Value Colleges for Political Science & Government140
Most Focused Colleges for Political Science & Government176
Highest Paid Political Science & Government Graduates231
Request More Info About University of California - San Diego

Request More Info About University of California – San Diego

Popularity of Political Science at UCSD

During the 2018-2019 academic year, University of California – San Diego handed out 313 bachelor’s degrees in political science and government. Due to this, the school was ranked #10 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 9% over the previous year when 287 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 13 students received their master’s degree in political science from UCSD. This makes it the #41 most popular school for political science master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 15 students received their doctoral degrees in political science in 2019, making the school the #8 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Political Science Graduates from UCSD Make?

$31,200BACHELOR’S MEDIAN SALARY

Salary of Political Science Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree

Political Science majors who earn their bachelor’s degree from UCSD go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $31,200 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $32,850 for all political science students.

How Much Student Debt Do Political Science Graduates from UCSD Have?

$16,889BACHELOR’S MEDIAN DEBT

Student Debt of Political Science Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree

While getting their bachelor’s degree at UCSD, political science students borrow a median amount of $16,889 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all political science bachelor’s degree recipients across the country is $23,184.

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor’s degree student from the political science program at UCSD is $175 per month.

UCSD Political Science Students

UCSD Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

The political science program at UCSD awarded 313 bachelor’s degrees in 2018-2019. About 51% of these degrees went to men with the other 49% going to women.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California – San Diego with a bachelor’s in political science.

Ethnic BackgroundNumber of Students
Asian64
Black or African American6
Hispanic or Latino84
White99
Non-Resident Aliens39
Other Races21

UCSD Political Science & Government Master’s Program

The political science program at UCSD awarded 13 master’s degrees in 2018-2019. About 77% of these degrees went to men with the other 23% going to women.

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of California – San Diego with a master’s in political science.

Ethnic BackgroundNumber of Students
Asian1
Black or African American0
Hispanic or Latino1
White7
Non-Resident Aliens1
Other Races3
Related MajorAnnual Graduates
Economics483
International Relations & National Security127
Sociology114
Anthropology65
Urban Studies40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajRrf76qD4

About the author

Study on Scholarship Today -- Check your eligibility for up to 100% scholarship.

Leave a Comment