Studying in the United States can be a dream come true for students interested in advancing their education. However, the cost of tuition intimidates many students looking to study abroad. GMAT and GRE scores are not the only measures of an applicant’s suitability. If you can provide a strong academic and professional background and distinguish yourself through your application, there are lots of schools in the US that will consider your application for an admission decision
Collegelearners is replete with up-to-date information on GRE not required, Boston University GRE, universities that dont require GRE for masters in Canada, amongst others. Be sure to surf through our catalog for more information on related topics.
gRE waiver universities in US due to Covid
During COVID, US Colleges and US Universities discounted GRE, GMAT, and language exam requirements in the admission process for international students. So, that means if you are a student interested to pursue your education in the United States of America; then applying in following US schools will not require GRE or GMAT or language test.
Not all Universities or colleges are waiving off these GMAT and GRE requirements for admission purposes; so our research team conducted research and made the list of all those colleges and universities that do not require GRE, GMAT, or other exams for admission purposes. This exclusive list of colleges and universities without GRE and GMAT is available below:
which US Universities don’t require GRE
- Stevens Institute of Technology (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Mississippi State University (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- San Jose State University (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Duquesne UNIVERSITY (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- California State University Long Beach (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Baylor University (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Boston University (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Graduate Programs in Business at CSULB (GRE, GMAT, IELTS Waived off)
- Drew University (GRE waived off)
- The University of North Alabama (GRE and GMAT waived off, IELTS 6 and Duolingo 100)
- University of Memphis School of Public Health (GRE waived off)
- The University of Alabama (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- The University of Minnesota (GRE waived off)
- The University of Mississippi (GRE waived off)
- University of North Carolina Charlotte (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Southern Methodist University (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Austin Peay State University (GRE waived off)
- The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Brandis University Master of Public Policy program (GRE waived off)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Loyola University School of business (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Northeastern University (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- University of Louisville graduate business programs (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Florida State University (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Texas Technology University (GRE waived off)
- Graduate Program at Penn State College of Engineering (GRE waived off)
- University of Arizona Master of Public Health (GRE waived off)
- Auburn University (GRE and GMAT waived off)
- Jackson State University (PRAXIS, GRE, GMAT, MAT waived off)
GRE waiver Universities in USA 2021
As a bonus, i think I must share with my audience the list of those colleges and universities that waived off application fee for admissions and scholarships in the United States for students:
- George Mason University school of business (Application Fee Waived Off)
- South Dakota state university (Application Fee Waived Off)
- Carleton College
- Yale University
- Thomas Aquinas College
- Colby College
- Kenyon College
- Complete list of colleges without application fee
Top US universities that don’t require GRE for masters
GRE is a standardized assessment required by most graduate schools in the US. Needless to say, the scores of the exam play a critical role in the admission process. However, there are some universities that do not require you to submit GRE scores for admission. In this blog, you can read about some of the top US schools that don’t require GRE.
Columbia University is a proud member of the Ivy League of universities. The university offers quite a few programs that don’t evaluate students solely on the basis of GRE scores. Applicants for some specific programs such as MS or MA in Journalism, MS in Neuroscience and Education, MA in Early Childhood Education, several programs in the Graduate School of Architecture Planning and Preservation, etc. don’t need to send in their GRE score with their university applications.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Tests are not the only factor, or even the most important factor considered during MIT admission
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is widely regarded as one of the world’s top universities for computer science and engineering fields. MIT is one of the most prominent schools that don’t require GRE, and it believes in testing the students’ caliber using unconventional factors. Specifically, students applying for Ph.D. programs like Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Linguistics, Media Arts and Science, etc. are exempted from giving the GRE exam.
3. Northeastern University
Regarded as one of the most prominent universities in Boston, Northeastern University is famous for its graduate programs and offers several programs without asking for GRE scores. In exchange for no GRE scores, this university demands that the students preferably submit Letters of Recommendation that will help compound their overall university application. Programs such as Masters in Bioinformatics, Nanomedicine, specific Chemistry programs, etc. do not need students to submit their GRE scores.
4. University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Berkeley has 184 Academic Departments and Programs
The University of California in Berkeley offers admission in Ph.D. without making GRE compulsory. Applicants can take admission without GRE in some programs while in others they have the option but are not obliged. Some of these programs are:
- Ph.D. in Architecture and Environmental Design (Optional)
- Master of Science in Architecture (Optional)
COVID-19 News updates: Get all the latest updates about studying abroad news regarding universities, visa policies, tests, applications, and much else. Check out the COVID-19 study abroad updates. If you want to receive constant updates about study abroad information, you can also subscribe to our Free WhatsApp broadcast. To join, just send <START ISC> to +91-9145332283 on WhatsApp and add the number in your phonebook.
5. San José State University(SJSU)
San José State University is another great addition to the list of schools that don’t require GRE. Located about an hour away from San Francisco, California, SJSU is widely known for its research and technology-based programs. While SJSU has a specific set of programs that need no GRE scores, they definitely need students to submit their IELTS or TOEFL scores as proof of English proficiency.
Some of these programs at SJSU include:
- MS in Data Analytics
- MS in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Mathematics
- Masters in Public Administration, etc.
6. Alabama A&M University
This university has a Testing Services Center that coordinates all university testing activities
Alabama A&M University focuses on student learning and prepares them for a myriad of challenges and opportunities. It offers several programs and is one of the best universities without GRE requirements. Students who are interested in the following programs don’t have to worry about giving the GRE exam.
- Food Science
- Education Specialist
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Elementary Education
- Social Work
7. Central Michigan University
The CMU offers over 70 graduate degree programs at the master’s, specialist and doctoral levels
Central Michigan University believes in fostering a culture of integrity, respect, and leadership. If you were looking for a Master’s degree without GRE requirements, you don’t have to look elsewhere. The university offers Master’s of Science in Administration without GRE or GMAT exams.
8. Rochester Institute of Technology
Along with it’s stunning campus in Rochester, RIT has 4 other campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo
Rochester Institute of Technology focuses on working at the intersection of technology, the arts, and design. It offers various programs in different fields such as engineering, science, fine arts, computing and the like. The university is one of the best ones offering master’s in USA without GRE. In this university, you don’t need to worry about giving GRE for the following programs:
- Master’s in Product Development
- Master’s in Communication and Media Technologies
- Master’s in Manufacturing Leadership
- Master’s in Applied Statistics
9. University of Iowa
Founded in 1847, this institute is the oldest university in Iowa, USA.
Applicants that desire Master’s without GRE in the Midwest can opt for the University of Iowa. The university specializes in enhancing the knowledge of its students in computer science. Students can choose the Master’s of Computer Science (MCS) program without worrying about their GRE scores. However, this exemption is only for the non-research version of the degree.
Other notable schools that don’t require GRE
Apart from the universities mentioned above, there are other institutions that don’t mandate GRE scores during admission:
- New England Institute of Technology
- University of the Potomac
- New York Film Academy
- Ferris State University
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (Only MS in Computer Science)
- West Texas A & M University
- Full Sail University
- Monroe College (GRE required if GPA is less than 3.0)
- Monterey Institute of Inter Studies
- National University
- Tiffin University
- Webster University
- Digital Film Academy
- Florida Atlantic University
- Monterey Institute of International Studies, and more.
Please note that while these universities don’t require GRE exam scores, many of them might need you to have a GPA of 3.0 or more and some relevant work experience.