Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Curricula in the School of Engineering
Our nine departments and the Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering (ICME) offer dozens of graduate programs that align academic course work with research. Related aspects of particular areas of graduate study are commonly covered directly from the department. For further details about the following programs, see the department sections in the Stanford Bulletin.
Stanford undergraduates may also apply to master’s programs as coterminal students; details can be found in the Undergraduate Programs in the School of Engineering section of the Stanford bulletin.
Fellowships and Assistantships
Departments of the School of Engineering award graduate fellowships, research assistantships and teaching assistantships each year. Visit your department to learn more.
Degree Programs by this School
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computational and Mathematical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Design Impact
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Stanford Graduate School Acceptance Rate
- 1 November 2021: Registration Process for Ph.D Marketing has Began, Last Date to Apply is December 1, 2021. Apply Now
- 1 November 2021: Round-1 Application Process for MBA is Complete; Round-2 Deadline on January 5, 2022. Click Here
Stanford University offers admission to international aspirants in the terms of fall, spring or winter. A limited number of programs at Stanford are also available in the summer term for international aspirants. The acceptance rate at the university is as low as 4.3%, indicating a highly selective admission policy. Stanford University charges an application fee of 90 USD from the international students. However, it offers application fee waiver to any student facing financial hardships.
Stanford University Latest Notifications
- 20 October, 2021 : Schedule for Registration in Ph.D Marketing has Released; Apply Before DecemberRead More
- 20 October, 2021 : Stanford University Admission 2022: Round-1 Application Process for MBA is Complete; Round-2 Deadline in JanuaryRead More
- Around 14% of the total student body of the university consists of international candidates.
- ACT or SAT score requirements are optional for first-year and transfer applicants willing to enter Stanford.
- Since standardized test scores are not compulsory, special attention should be given to the application in terms of SOP and Stanford questions.
- The admission decision of the university is usually released within 6- 7 weeks, post submission of application
Stanford University International Undergraduate Admission
Stanford undergraduate bachelor programs are offered in more than 65 major fields of study. Out of the total students at Stanford University, 14% are international students hailing from over 66 countries. Around 1,800 undergraduate and 30 transfer students are admitted every year to the university.
How to Apply: International undergraduate applicants can apply either through the Common Application OR Coalition Application.
Application Fee: 90 USD (Non-refundable)