Last Updated on December 24, 2022
STUST was founded in 1969. As of the 2007 academic year, we have a total of four colleges—College of Engineering, College of Business, College of Digital Design, College of Humanities and Social Sciences—25 departments, 11 graduate institutes (which offer 12 Master’s programs and 3 doctoral programs), 4 teaching centers and 18 research centers.
STUST has over 800 faculty members, and we currently have approximately 18,000 students enrolled, of which over 170 are international students.
Our campus is located in the north-eastern suburb of Tainan City on an area of 16 hectares. To our west is Tainan City, and to our east is Yung-Kang City. Our campus is less than 4 km from Tainan’s Railway Station. Our school is truly located in an area with the beauty of the countryside and the convenience of metropolitan life.
STUST will continue to promote innovative research in order to create an efficient, systematic, operating-cost-focused academic-internationalization-orientated model. This will be achieved via invention, patent output, improvements in teaching methods, and reform of administrative work.
The performance of industry-academia collaboration is one of the crucial indicators and distinctive features of technical and vocational education. By means of improving industrial technology R&D, promoting patent products, inviting experts from industries to co-teach and strengthening students’ practical ability in their specialized fields, we will not only increase the quantity but also enhance the quality of collaboration with the real world in order to enable STUST to become a perfect choice for industries to partner with.
In terms of promoting internationalization, STUST is a leading university of technology and has achieved outstanding performance regarding international student recruitment and study abroad programs. STUST will continue to expand international communication with Asia, North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America and strengthen real communication by continuing both the mutual-visit program and teacher-student communication; furthermore, we will establish a joint research team to further internationalize our university’s endeavors.
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Half tuition fee waiver.
- Master: Full tuition waiver.
- Full tuition waiver, a full grant for on-campus housing, and a stipend of 10,000TWD per month.
- Full tuition waiver and a full grant for on-campus housing.
English-taught degree programs
|Graduate Institute of Mechatronic Science and Technology||√|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||√|
|Department of Electrical Engineering||√||√|
|Department of Electronic Engineering||√|
|Ph.D. Program in Business and Management||√|
|Global Master of Business Administration (GMBA)||√|
|Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, Department of International Business||√|
|Department of Visual Communication Design||√|
How and When to Apply
- Application: Please apply online and upload the required documents.
- Online application website: https://www.stust.edu.tw/en/admission
- Application period: 1.Fall Semester: January 15, 2021 to May 15, 2021.
Step 1: Make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student.
- Please refer to the Academic Year 2021 Application and Transfer Guide for International Students. (Attached)
Step 2: International students may apply for admission in our Fall and Spring semesters.
- Please fill out the online application form at STUST Online Application and Status Inquiry System: https://www.stust.edu.tw/en/admission
- Remember the Account and Password you used for applying. You will need it to log in to the system to check your application result and type of scholarship later.
Step 4: To complete the online procedure, please upload all the required documents to the Online Application System by the deadline.
Step 5: Follow each step to fill out and click “Submit” to complete the whole application procedure. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the application is done.
National Taiwan University of Science Scholarship 2021 Fully Funded
International Students are advised to apply for National Taiwan University of Science Scholarship 2021 in Taiwan. Students from all the Countries as well as can apply for Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue MS Degree Programs and Ph.D. Degrees. All the Major Subjects and Specializations like Finance English Program, Finance Chinese, Engineering, Computer, Business, management, and Development subjects are available. Also Check: KAIST International Scholarship 2022 in South Korea [Fully Funded]
The National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST) is a public technical university in Taipei, Taiwan. Taiwan Tech (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology) is one of the major public universities in Taipei, Taiwan. In the QS Global World Rankings 2021, it is rated #267. NTUST University offers a variety of fields and scholarships. NTUST is now providing an International Student Scholarship 2022 for its Spring enrollment in 2022. It is a fully-funded scholarship for international students pursuing a Master’s degree (MPhil/ MS) or a Doctorate (Ph.D.)
Every year, the Taiwanese government offers a large number of bursaries to international students. One of these scholarships is the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology Scholarship 2021. This year, Taiwanese universities are providing over 2,000 scholarships. The NTUST Taiwan Scholarships are a world-renowned scholarship. ILETS are not Required for this bursary if Your last educational course is in the English language. English Language test is required only for those students whose previous education is not in the English language. Never miss this chance to study with a full Scholarship at the top-ranked university of Taiwan. Details are present in below few lines:
Brief Description of National Taiwan University of Science Scholarship 2021:
- Available Degrees: MS & Ph.D. degrees
- Financial Support: Fully Funded
- Institute: National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
- Scholarship Country: TAIWAN
- Closing Date: 29th October 2021
For Research Students who have thesis get NTD2,000 of the monthly stipend to master’s students and NTD3,000 of the monthly stipend to doctoral students for NTUST scholarship recipients, both those receiving a full monthly stipend and those receiving a partial monthly stipend, with the university providing the remaining portion of the stipend.
- Free Residence.
- Airfare Tickets.
- Medical Insurance.
- Monthly Stipend Amount of NTD 9000 – 18000 /month
Eligibility for Scholarship:
To get eligible for this scholarship, candidates should follow the following requirements:
- All the International Students and residence of Qatar can apply for Scholarships.
- For MS Degree Programs, a master’s degree program is mandatory.
- For Ph.D. Degree Programs Should be Completed masters degree program.
- Good Academic Record.
- Experienced in Research for Ph.D.
- ILETS or TOFEL if Your last educational course is not in the English language.
Required Documents for Scholarship:
Details of required documents are in below few lines:
- Online Application form
- Official stamps are used to verify the highest degree diploma.
- The greatest level of education Transcript
- Two letters of endorsement
- Plan of study: It is possible to write the study plan in either English or Chinese. (word count: 600)
- If the prior degree consisted entirely of English-taught courses, candidates may request that the university/department/adviser produce an official declaration stating that “the medium of instruction at this institute is English.”
- Academic thesis or related publications (for Ph.D. program candidates) (for Ph.D. program applicants).
- Short Resume/CV.
The Closing date to apply Online for the National Taiwan University of Science Scholarship 2021 is 29th October 2021 For International Citizens.
Application Procedure for National Taiwan University of Science Scholarship 2021 Fully Funded:
- Step One: The following documentation must be present.
- Step two: There is no requirement for an acceptance letter as well as IELTS, GRE, or TOEFL.
- Step three: To begin, complete an online application and upload all required papers. To be considered, new students must select the “NTUST Scholarship” option on the application form. Visit the official website to apply for the Scholarship.
- Step Four: Wait for the outcome.
Programs Offered by National Taiwan University of Science and Technology:
- Department of Industrial Management (Master)
- Department of Industrial Management (Ph.D.)
- Department of Business Administration (Master)
- Department of Business Administration (Ph.D.)
- Department of Information Management (Master)
- Department of Information Management (Ph.D.)
- Graduate Institute of Finance (Master)
- Graduate Institute of Finance (Ph.D.)
- Graduate Institute of Technology (Master)
- Graduate Institute of Technology Management English Program(Master)
- MBA Program English Program(Master)
- College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Department of Electrical Engineering English Program(Master)
- Department of Electrical Engineering English Program(Ph.D)
- Department of Electrical Engineering Chinese Program(Master)
- Department of Electrical Engineering Chinese Program(Ph.D)
- Graduate Institute of Electro-Optical Engineering English Program(Master)
- Graduate Institute of Electro-Optical Engineering English Program(Ph.D)
- Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering English Program(Master)
- Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering English Program(Ph.D)
- College of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering English Program(Master)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering English Program(Ph.D)
- Graduate Institute of Automation and Control (Ph.D.)
- College of Design’s Department of Architecture (Master)
- Architecture Department (Ph.D.)
- Design Department (Master)
- The Design Department’s English Program (Ph.D.)
- Humanities and Social Sciences College
- The Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of digital The English Program (Master)
- The Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of digital The English Program (Ph.D.)
- The Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of digital Programs in Chinese (Master)
- The Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of digital Programs in Chinese (Ph.D.)
- Department of Applied Foreign Languages College of Applied Sciences (Master’s)
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering (Master)
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering (Ph.D.)
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering (Master)
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering (Ph.D.)
- Department of Chemical Engineering (Master)
- Department of Chemical Engineering (Ph.D.)
- Graduate Institute of Applied Science and Technology (Master)
- Graduate Institute of Applied Science and Technology (Ph.D.)
- Graduate Institute of Biomedical Engineering (Master)
- Graduate Institute of Color and Illumination Technology (Master)
An applicant shall follow the regulations of the Ministry of Education (MOE) Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan, please find the attachment A. Citizenship: An applicant shall have never held a Republic of China (ROC) passport, and does not possess overseas Chinese student status.
Note 1: An applicant of foreign nationality who, pursuant to the following requirements, has continuously resided overseas for no less than six years is also qualified to apply for admission under this regulation.
An applicant holding both foreign and ROC nationalities, but has never been registered as part of a household in Taiwan.
An applicant holding foreign nationality, and who once held ROC nationality, but has not been registered as part of a household in Taiwan for at least eight years, as determined by the Ministry of Interior.
If the preceding two clauses are relevant to an applicant, then that applicant must not have studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student and have not been approved for student status by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students in the enrollment year.
Note 2: Students who have never had a household registration in Taiwan and are admitted to an educational institution in Taiwan in accordance with an education cooperation agreement are not subject to this regulation.
Application form should be completed online.
Copy of passport.
C. Photocopy of the highest degree and transcripts of all years (additional notarized copy of Chinese or English translation by Taiwan Overseas Missions is necessary if the original transcripts is in a language other than Chinese or English). According to degree levels, you shall provide the following documents:
Bachelor program: high school diploma and transcripts of every semester.
Master program: undergraduate diploma and transcripts of every semester.
Ph.D. Program: master’s diploma and transcripts of every semester.
Transfer Students: an original diploma and transcripts of every semester from the previous university.
Note 1: After you submit the diploma or transcript your highest degree or equivalent we may request you to re-submit the authenticated documents by 8 the Taiwan Embassy if STUST has doubts about the application document.
Note 2: When you apply, you can scan and upload the documents first. When you come to STUST for registration, you must submit the diploma and transcripts authenticated by a Taiwan Embassy or overseas mission. Proficiency of language certificates should be issued by the following institutes:
TOEFL test score provided by the ETS, IELTS test score by an official testing center, and TOCFL certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan. If the documents submitted by the applicants are found to be forged, altered, faked, fraudulent or untrue, the accepted students who have not registered and enrolled will be disqualified, and those who have enrolled will be expelled from university and should bear legal responsibility.
Note 3: Language of Certificate:
Chinese-taught Degree Programs:
Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL), Level 2 or above
Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), China, Level 4 or above
English-taught Degree Programs: English Proficiency test: TOEFL iBT test score 63 and above or IELTS 5.0. Ph.D. in Business and Management, College of Business (COB) requires higher scores: TOEFL iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0.
Study plan or statement of purpose in English or Chinese.
Two recommendation letters.
Resume (if applicants have work experience).
Other relevant certificates or awards.
Those who have foreign nationality at the time of application and who have or have had nationality of the Republic of China, must submit the relevant documents for continuous residence overseas. (At the time of application, the applicant must have been staying overseas for more than six years)
If you have foreign nationality at the time of application and you had citizenship of the Republic of China and have a registered residence in Taiwan, you must submit proof of the loss of the citizenship of the Republic of China for more than eight years with the confirmation certificate from the Ministry of the Interior.
Financial statement: authenticated by the embassy office or by a financial institution to provide sufficient funds to attend school. If the document is issued by Taiwanese institutions, it is exempt from authentication. Please check with the Taiwan Embassy in your country the minimum balance you should have in the bank.
Malaysian students who apply for bachelor programs should submit SPM or STPM or UEC transcripts.
A health certificate issued by a hospital within the last 3 months (including the test report of human immunodeficiency virus). Do this after you receive the Acceptance Letter from STUST. M. Application fees: free.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Jan 15 – May 15||Mid September 2021||44357|
|Spring Semester||Jul 15 – Nov 30||Mid February 2022||44555|
Southern Taiwan University Of Science And Technology Acceptance Rate
Acceptance rate 46%
The Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology is among the institutions that don’t provide data on acceptance rates. This might happen because a university has programs where an applicant only needs to meet admission requirements to enroll and doesn’t necessarily competes with others.
We estimate the above acceptance rate based on admission statistics of closely-ranked nearby universities with similar research profiles that do publish such data.
Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology majors
by publication & citation count
|Engineering||929 / 4,610|
|Physics||496 / 2,924|
|Chemistry||477 / 3,140|
|Medicine||475 / 4,194|
|Materials Science||420 / 2,668|
|Computer Science||366 / 1,842|
|Biology||261 / 2,855|
|Business||201 / 1,697|
|Liberal Arts & Social Sciences||146 / 1,099|
|Mathematics||110 / 298|
|Artificial Intelligence (AI)||106 / 392|
|Psychology||99 / 623|
|Oncology and Cancer research||95 / 1,173|
|Automation and Control engineering||95 / 332|
|Art & Design||88 / 155|
|Chemical Engineering||80 / 589|
|Electronic Engineering||70 / 206|
|Demography||68 / 706|
|Optical Engineering||67 / 206|
|Electrical Engineering||62 / 363|
|Economics||60 / 112|
|Nanotechnology||56 / 544|
|Pharmacology||51 / 818|
|Computer Vision||49 / 184|
|Surgery||47 / 324|
|Marketing||47 / 757|
|Pathology||44 / 773|
|Anesthesiology||44 / 377|
|Multimedia||44 / 87|
|Math Teachers||39 / 119|
|Computer Networking||38 / 170|
|Physical Therapy||36 / 247|
|Human-Computer Interaction||34 / 74|
|Environmental Science||32 / 171|
|Acoustical Engineering||32 / 57|
|Paramedicine and Emergency medicine||32 / 194|
|Cardiology||31 / 141|
|Social Psychology||31 / 354|
|Cyber Security||31 / 237|
|Biomedical Engineering||30 / 242|