Last Updated on January 19, 2023
Johnson Graduate School of Management is a coveted name among business schools in the USA. It is known for its world-class programs in entrepreneurship, consulting, technology, investment banking and asset management. The school has also been ranked consistently among the top business schools in the USA by several independent agencies. For instance, US News and World Report ranked Johnson Business School in the 15th position in the US. It also ranked in the 32nd position according to QS Global MBA Rankings 2021.
With an acceptance rate of around 39%, the admission process is highly competitive. Therefore, prospective candidates must maintain outstanding academic records, competitive GMAT/GRE scores between 650 – 740 and English language proficiency scores such as 100 in TOEFL-iBT. Admissions at Johnson Graduate School of Management are conducted in several rounds. The deadline for the first round is on October 12, 2021, and the last round is on April 12, 2021. All the applicants seeking enrollment at the institute to study in the USA must deposit a nonrefundable fee of 200 USD along with their application forms.
|Type of University||Private|
|Faculty Members||Full-Time: 58 Part-Time: 53|
|Percentage of International Students||38%|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||33%|
|Admission Deadline||April 8|
|Application fee||100 USD|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Graduate Students||56,550-195,498 USD|
|Test Scores Accepted||SAT, ACT GRE, GMAT|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards and scholarships|
Johnson Graduate School of Management Campus and Accommodation
The two campuses of Johnson Graduate School of Management are based in Ithaca and NYC.
- The Sage Hall building which now serves as the main home of the Johnson Graduate School of Management campus was originally built as a dormitory.
- The new campus at Breazzano Centre is specially designed in order to support interdisciplinary interaction. It features tiered and flat classrooms, two high-definition broadcast studios, 19 breakout rooms and a four-story atrium.
- It is also home to more than 100 clubs with university-wide membership.
- Johnson has dedicated classroom, meeting and event space within the Tata Innovation Centre on the Cornell Tech Campus at NYC.
Johnson Graduate School of Management Housing facilities/Residence
Pupils have two main options when it comes to housing at Johnson Business School: University housing and off-campus student housing in the US.
- The dorms are gender-neutral, and residents have the opportunity to socialize, learn, and study together in the halls.
- The campus has special facilities for students with disabilities, summer housing, and campus visitors.
- Hasbrouck is a large neighbourhood suitable for single students as well as those with families.
- Thurston Court is an apartment for single students located on the north campus.
- Both of them offer studios, 1-bedroom apartments as well as shared 2-bedroom apartments.
- While filling the applications, students will be required to mark their preferences for building and type of room or apartment.
A number of apartments and rental complexes are available near the campus. Some of the apartment websites that students can refer to are VeryApt, Ithaca Craigslist, Rent.com and Trulia Rentals, among others.
Johnson Graduate School of Management Courses
The school offers an array of graduate-level business programs which includes a full-time MBA, Executive MBA, Cornell Tech MBA, Cornell-Tsinghua Finance MBA (Dual Degree program), MPS in Management. Johnson Business School also offered a PhD degree in management.
- The full-time MBA programs are available for both one year and two-year duration. They also feature an internship component.
- Second Year MBA students can choose from one of seven immersion learning options in areas such as corporate finance, strategic operations, digital technology, investment banking, investment research and asset management.
- Johnson School of Business offers different types of Executive MBAs such as the EMBA Americas, EMBA Metro NY, Executive MBA/MS in Healthcare leader program (Dual Degree),
- The most popular areas of MBA are Hospitality, Applied Economics, Business & Management, and Accounting Specialization.
Johnson Graduate School of Management offers admission in MBA programs, Dual-degree, and Ph.D. programs in its curriculum to international students to study in the USA. There are three full-time residential MBA programs offered at the school. The application for each MBA program is accepted separately, so the applicants are required to fill the applications accordingly.
- To apply for a one-year or two-year MBA program candidates must create their separate applicant account.
- The Johnson Graduate School of Management has a student-faculty ratio of 9:1.
|Application Fee||200 USD|
|Mode of Payment||Debit/Credit Card, etc.|
|Intake Sessions||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Work Experience||As per the requirement of the program|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Loans, Grants, etc|
Johnson Graduate School of Management Admission Deadlines
Each MBA program has its application deadline. Applications here are accepted in several rounds in October, November, January, April, and May. However, we have listed the deadlines of the few programs below.
|Executive MBA(Priority)||December 31|
|Executive MBA(Expedited Decision)||March 31|
|Executive MBA(Final Deadline)||May 15|
|Full-Time MBA||January 8|
|Full-Time MBA(Final Deadline)||May 3|
|Two-Year MBA||January 8|
|Two-Year MBA(Final Deadline)||April 8|
|One-Year MBA||January 8|
Johnson Graduate School of Management International Student Admissions
Johnson Graduate School of Management offers admission in types of MBA programs to international students to study in the USA. The application process, deadlines, and fees for international applicants are the same as U.S. applicants. However, there are few additional admission requirements that an international applicant must fulfill. Candidates must print an e-transcript, scan it, and then upload it along with the application or can mail it on the official address of the college.
International Applicants need to satisfy with the following requirements to gain admission at Johnson Graduate School of Management:
Where to Apply: Online
Application Fee: 200 USD
- Original or Certified Copies of Official Transcripts
- English translation of the transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Test Scores- TOEFL/ IELTS
- Test Scores- GRE/ GMAT
English Proficiency Test Score
For all the international candidates it is important to submit one of the following English proficiency test scores in the last two years. The scores are to be sent directly to the school by the testing agency itself.
Johnson Graduate School of Management Graduate Admission
Johnson offers seven different types of MBA programs like one-year MBA, two-year MBA, Executive MBA, Cornell Executive MBA programs. The admission requirements and fees are the same for all programs; however, the application deadlines are different for each program. International applicants must pay the same application fee and apply it through the same application portal.
Given below are the admission requirements for all the MBA programs offered at Johnson:
Where to apply: Online
Application Fee: 200 USD
- Submit All-Academic Official Transcripts
- Submit GMAT/ GRE scores
- Proof of professional working experience
- Submit 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Submit Personal Essay
- Submit Health Insurance
- Submit Resume/ Curriculum Vitae(CV)
Candidates can either upload the transcript along with the application form or may send it through mail at the admission office. Admission here is given on a rolling and space-available basis. Once, the documents are received the college call the applicant for the interview round.