Last Updated on December 24, 2022
If you’re interested in studying medicine in Poland, you might have heard that Poland has an excellent university medical program. But a lot of people struggle when they first arrive there. They don’t speak Polish, and don’t know whether their foreign transcripts will be acceptable. A college-level ESL class helps, but the problem still remains. With good grades and a strong motivation for medicine, though, you can qualify for acceptance at any of several leading Polish medical schools. Get more information regarding Poland Medical School Entry Requirements, poland medical school entrance exam, study medicine in poland without entrance exam, poland medical university fees, poland medical university ranking, graduate entry medicine poland & medical university of lodz requirements
Medical Poland is only looking that you have studied at least two out of four subjects at Leaving Cert/ A level (Biology, Chemistry, Physics Mathematics). It is not required that you sit a HPAT/GAMSAT exam (except 4 year MD programme). For most programmes entry test or interview determines candidate’s suitability.
studying medicine in poland for international students
Studying medicine in Poland is the opportunity of study in one of the best universities of medicine in the word. 6 year general medicine, 4 year graduate entry, 5 year dentistry and 5 year pharmacy, 3 year nursing, foundation course programs in English are among the most medical programs attracting students from all other the word. Students from USA, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Nigeria, Ghana, Indian, China, etc., take up the challenge and enroll for medical and paramedical studies in Poland universities every year.
As evidence of word-classes medical Universities in Poland, Dr Maria Siemionow , who gained public notice in December 2008, when she led a team of six surgeons in a 22-hour surgery, performing the first face transplant in the United States on Connie Culp is polish. She graduated from Poznan University of Medical Sciences in 1974 receiving her MD. She furthered her education and in 1985 received her Ph.D. in microsurgery and then in 1992 habilitation in medical sciences. She has been awarded the title of professor by President Lech Kaczyński before migrating to USA.
Universities of Medicine in Poland are one of the best options for those students looking for medical study in English abroad. More than 11 Medical schools offer medical programs in English in Poland. Along With General Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy integrate programs, Poland medical universities offer a 4 year graduate entry medical program in English, designed for those students with Bachelor degree (this program is very popular among USA, Canadian, UK and Scandinavian students). Most universities of medicine organize also foundation year for father medical studies in English; and those interested in studying in Polish can follow one year polish language.
English medical programs of medical universities in Poland remain in compliance with Polish and EU standards of teaching, the US Department of Education (Stafford Loan Program), and Medical Boards in USA. Graduates of English medical programs in Poland are eligible to apply for resi¬dency and postgraduate training programs at university teaching hospitals in various countries, including the USA , Canada, Australia, South Africa, Nigeria, Israel, England, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, and Poland.
Medical courses in Poland in English:
- Foundation course: one year medical study preparatory course
- Undergraduate medical course: 6 year program,
- Graduate entry medical course: 4 year accelerated program,
- Dentistry program: 5,0 to 5,5 year MDS program,
- Pharmacy program: 5 year pharmacy program,
- Nursing course: 3 year B.Sc. Nursing program,
- PhD course: 3 year medical PhD program,
Poland medical universities
- Medical Academy of Bialystok, 6 year programs;
- Medical University in Bydgoszcz, Faculty II, 6 year program;
- Medical Academy of Gdansk, 6 year program;
- Medical University of Lodz, 4 year enty medicine program 6 year medicine program; 5 year dentistry program; 3 year Nursing program; 1 fondation year; 3 year PhD program, etc.
- Medical University of Lublin, 4 year and 6 year programs;
- Jagiellonian University Medical College, 4 year and 6 year programs;
- Pomeranian Academy of Medicine, 6 year program;
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences:4-year M.D. Program, 6-year M.D. Program, 5-year D.D.S. Program, 6-year Pharm.D. Program and 3-year B.Sc. Physiotherapy Programs in englsh,
- Medical University of Silesia, 4 year and 6 year programs;
- Medical University of Warsaw, 4 year and 6 year medical programs; 5 year dentistry, 5-year degree of Master of Pharmacy program;
- Wroclaw Medical University, 6 years of medicine and 5 year dentistry English programs;
Medium of Studies
- The MBBS universities in Poland offer world-class education to domestic and international students
- The universities open admission for domestic as well as international students
- The students from Asia, Africa and Europe come flocking to study MBBS in Poland
- The students benefit from the English Medium mode of studies in MBBS courses in Poland
- The faculty includes teachers and academicians with great experience in teaching students
- Most of the MBBS universities in Poland have tie-ups with other universities abroad
- Thus, the students get to land jobs and internships in other foreign countries
- The teachers in Universities use various methods of teaching
- This includes the use of effective teaching strategies such as lectures, massive open online courses.
- Other methods are student-based learning, active learning, flipped classrooms, and problem-based learning.
- The MBBS universities in Poland also include teaching in small groups and demonstrations in practical classes.
Intake for MBBS Studies in Poland
- The students interested to pursue MBBS Poland must prepare in advance for the admissions
- The universities in Poland open admission in the month of April each year
- The deadline for application in the colleges for MBBS in Poland falls in the middle of October
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Poland
- International students are eligible to take admission in Universities in Poland.
- The students are required to have minimum 60% score in PCB in class 12.
- The student have a proper school education in class 10 + 2
- The student must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application
- Indian students must qualify NEET exam to land a seat in the best Polish Medical College
Required Documents for MBBS Admission in Poland 2021
Listed below are the documents required for MBBS admission in Poland:
- The application form of the University, duly filled
- Documents of class 10 and 12
- 10 passport size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Copy of student’s passport
- A document of language proficiency