Last Updated on December 24, 2022
The Post Master’s Certificate Online is a web-based program for groups and individuals interested in a graduate education experience that provides distance education in support of the educational needs of the students in North Central Texas. This program provides you the opportunity to get your advanced professional certification without the time and expense of commuting, if you live outside the region.
Explore more information on shortest post masters pmhnp online programs, best online post masters pmhnp programs, cheapest online pmhnp certificate programs, fastest post masters pmhnp, post masters certificate psychiatric nurse, practitioner online new york, transition from fnp to psych np,, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner post masters certificate on Collegelearners
Pmhnp Post Master’s Certificate Online Texas
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Home > Online NP School Profiles > University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Overview: University of Texas Rio Grande Valley: Graduate College
Department: Graduate College
Programs Offered: PMHNP
Degree Types: Post-MSN Certificate New or Second Specialty (any MSN accepted)
Instruction Methods: Program uses asynchronous instruction.
Phone Number: (956) 882-6552
Social Media: Facebook and Twitter
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Online PMHNP Programs
Online Post Master’s Certificate in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing program
Program Specialty: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Degree Type: Post-MSN Certificate New or Second Specialty (any MSN accepted)
Program Structure: Online instruction with clinical hours requirements
Clinical Hours Requirements: 520 clinical hours
Number of Credits Required: 21 credits needed to graduate
Number of Campus Visits Required: 0
Curriculum Options: Full-time only
Program Length: Program can be completed in 12 months
Program Start Date: Summer admission only
Number of Terms: 4 Terms (Summer 1 and 2, Fall and Spring)
Requirements and Tuition
Application Requirements: MSN required (any specialty including NP specialties); current RN license; Students must have completed advanced pathophysiology, pharmacotherapeutics, and physical assessment with a grade of B or above
GPA: Minimum GPA 3.0
Standardized Testing: Not Required
Tuition: ~$12,378.03 + fees
Cost Per Credit Hour: $589.43 per credit hour
Eligibility Restrictions: Program does not currently accept students from California, Florida and Massachusetts
UT Tyler School of Nursing
Post-MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
ONLINE Certificate Options:
- PMHNP – Post-Master’s Certificate for APRN Major (sample degree plan)
- PMHNP- Post-Master’s Certificate for Non-APRN Majors (sample degree plan)
About the PMHNP Program:
- Post-MSN Certificate for APRN: 24 semester credit hours
Post-MSN Certificate for Non-APRN: 34 semester credit hours
- Web-enhanced courses provide student friendly format and flexible schedule.
- Thorough preparation for national certification exam.
- Sound basis for future doctoral studies or for career advancement.
- Combination of course work and clinical application prepares students as advanced practice nurses and leaders in an evolving health care system.
- Small course size contributes to faculty-student collegiality.
- Marketable Skills for the PMHNP
- Projected Course Rotations
- Admission Criteria and Deadlines
- Student Resources
- Intune information
- Eligibility form
Sandra Petersen, DNP, APRN, FNP/GNP-BC, PMHNP
Graduate Nursing Advisor
Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health
APPLY NOWREQUEST INFOGRADUATE COLLEGE
The Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing is designed as a specialty within graduate nursing education to include programming that will assist a student to acquire advanced knowledge and clinical skills to provide best practice and comprehensive care to clients across the lifespan. The coursework and practicum will focus on a range of mental health care needs of individuals and families whether in outpatient, inpatient or private practice settings. The foundation for advanced practice is focused on content included in core courses in physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacotherapeutics, and health assessments.
On September 1, 2015, the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Certificate was launched with the inauguration of UTRGV.
*This program is 100% ONLINE
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Specialty Role Objectives:
Graduates of the Psychiatric Mental Health Post-Master’s Program will:
Review and submit all Program Requirements:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas or the state of residence
- Master of Science in Nursing ( MSN), or a
- Master of Science in Nursing and Nurse Practitioner (MSN/NP)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV Graduate College).