Last Updated on August 9, 2022
Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine, also known as OLFU, is a private, non-stock and non-profit corporation fully accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU). Established in 1979, it offers courses leading to medical and health science professions in the country.
Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine is an international school that offers a unique and holistic medical profession education for missionaries through the medium of the English language. The professional doctorate level mission-oriented curriculum was designed to meet the primary need for doctors who can bring the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to peoples in developing nations, particularly in Africa.
With its innovative curriculum, Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine aims to produce competent future physicians who are endowed with wide knowledge on the fundamentals and principles of medicine in general. They are also equipped with practical skills needed in their field as well as excellent interpersonal skills suited for a missionary-physician.
We offer degree programs such as Doctorate in Medicine, Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology and 4 year Basic Education Programs
As an international; student you might be trying to find a cheap country to study MBBS? Have you tried searching for OLFU School but no valid response was gotten to you? Are you keen on knowing more OLFU college of medicine scholarship? Are you curious in finding out more about our lady of Fatima university courses and you don’t know how to go about it? Have you been searching for our lady of Fatima university world ranking without leading anywhere? Then your search ends today, our site will find answers to all your questions without you searching any longer.
Our Lady of Fatima University Overview
Our Lady of Fatima University is one of the best centers for Medical Education in Philippines. With over 40 years, Fatima has graduated over 30,000 medical practitioners from all disciplines.
OLFU has five buildings with latest and sophisticated medical laboratory equipment that meets the standards of the Board of Medical Education. Also, it has a computer laboratory equipped with internet access to facilitate research work and networking of all medical students.
- Faculty of Internal Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Radiology
- Faculty of General Surgery
- Faculty of Emergency Medicine
- Faculty of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Faculty of Anesthesia
- Faculty of Orthopedics
- Faculty of ENT
- Faculty of Dermatology
- Faculty of Clinical Pathology
- Faculty of Urology
In OLFU, the students are provided with best facilities in the campus such as amphi-theatre, conference and seminar rooms, classrooms, lecture halls, research and teaching laboratories, library facilities with audio visual monitors, administrative offices of the and seminar departments and a huge parking space.
|Academic Year||Tution Fees in INR||Tution Fees in Philippine Peso & Dollar|
|(BS Course 1st Year)||INR Rs.6,50,000||10,000 USD|
|(BS Course 2nd Year)||INR Rs.2,27,500||3,500 USD|
|1st Year:(MD I Course)||INR Rs.4,16,000||6,400 USD|
|2nd Year:(MD II Course)||INR Rs.4,16,000||6,400 USD|
|3rd Year:(MD III Course)||INR Rs.4,16,000||6,400 USD|
|4th Year:(MD IV Course)||INR Rs.4,16,000||6,400 USD|
In 1967, Our Lady of Fatima University was established. Our Lady of Fatima University is one of the best centers for Medical Education in the Philippines. Since its establishment, with over 40 years, the Fatima university has graduated over 30,000 medical practitioners from all disciplines.
OLFU has a computer laboratory that is equipped with internet access to facilitate networking of all medical students and research work in medicine. The university has five buildings with sophisticated and latest medical laboratory equipment that meets the standards of the Board of Medical Education.
Our Lady Of Fatima University Highlights
Given below is the table for quick facts about Our Lady of Fatima University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September, 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||Rs.5.18 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 44|
World – 8507
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
Is Studying MBBS at Our Lady Of Fatima University Worth It?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at Our Lady of Fatima University:
- The university provides the students MBBS education which is equally focused on practicals and theory.
- The campus of OLFU provides a great environment for the students.
- There are cultural activities at the university to enhance the relationship between the students.
- There is no entrance exam to join the MBBS course at this university.
- Any kind of Capitation or Donation fee is not required to join this University.
- The MBBS course here has a very low college fee.
- The university is beautiful and it provides a safe environment to the students.
- The Hostel rooms of the university are large and spacious.
- Canteens are available at the university campus and they provide all types of Indian food.
- At the library, a 24 hours facility for reading is available.
- The college campus provides a 24 hours Wi-Fi facility.
Our Lady Of Fatima University MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for Our Lady of Fatima University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Year||16-months||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fees in USD (approx.)||12,000||6400||6400||6400||6400||–|
|Hostel Fees in USD(approx.)||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||–|
|Total Fees in INR (approx.)||Rs.9.10 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||Rs.5.18 lakhs||–|
- 1$ = Rs.70
- One time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Our Lady Of Fatima University MBBS Course Duration
Mentioned below is the duration of MBBS course:
The duration of MBBS course at Our Lady Fatima University is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship.
The MBBS course in the Philippines is divided into BS, MD and internship. BS can take 1.5 to 2 years. MD is nothing but MBBS. After BS, students can start with MD which takes 4 years.
Our Lady Of Fatima University MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University is as follows:
|Syllabus For Pre-medical|
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|MBBS (MD) Syllabus|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
-Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
Genetics -Animal Physiology
-Philosophy of Man
-Cell and Molecular
Biology -Comparative Religion
|-Rizal’s Life, Works,|
and Writings -Econ. / Taxation &
Agrarian Reform -Human Genetic
Micro-technique -Research in Bio. Sc.
(Thesis Writing) Immunology
Medicine -Preventive and
Communicative -Medicine -Bioethics
|-Pharmacology -General and|
Clinical Pathology -Parasitology
Our Lady Of Fatima University Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University is as follows:
- An MBBS aspirant must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have passed all subjects in his/her 12th standard and English is a compulsory subject.
- Students are not required to give any kind of entrance exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT,etc. for admission.
Our Lady Of Fatima University Admission Process
Following is the admission procedure for applying to MBBS course at Our Lady of Fatima University:
Step 1: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 2: Attach the documents given below:
- – Scanned copy of marksheet of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- – Results of NEET (Score card)
- – Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 3: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 4: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you your visa invitation.
Step 5: Stamp your visa in the Embassy, once you receive the visa invitation.
Our Lady Of Fatima University Required Documents
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Our Lady of Fatima University:
- 10 passport size Photographs.
- 10th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- 12th Mark sheet & Certificate.
- Official Invitation letter from the University.
- Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity).
- Birth Certificate.
- All documents Authorized from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Embassy’s Legalization for all the documents.
- Visa fees.
- University’s 1st year Tuition fee’s Bank receipt (required for some Universities).
- NEET Certificate.
- HIV test documents (with negative test results).
Our Lady Of Fatima University Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Our Lady of Fatima University:
Important Dates – Intake 2020
Check out the Important dates regarding admission at Our Lady of Fatima University:
|Application Start Date||September 2020|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 month|
|Admission Start Date||September 2020|
|Last Date of Application||25th September, 2020|
Medium of Teaching
At Our Lady of Fatima University, the medium of teaching is English, and thus language is not a barrier for non-chinese students while studying at this university.
Courses Offered at Our Lady Of Fatima University
Our Lady of Fatima University in Philippines has following faculties:
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Our Lady Of Fatima University Scholarships
Our Lady of Fatima University offers some scholarships to students:
The students who fulfill the required score in academics are given these types of scholarships. One simple rule to get this scholarship is that the students must not score less than 2.00 in any subjects. To avail this scholarship the student must have an average score (all subject scores together) as given below:
- A score of 1.25 or higher = 100% discount on the total fee
- Scores between 1.26 – 1.30 = 100% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.31 – 1.40 = 75% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.41 – 1.50 = 50% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.51 – 1.60 = 25% off on tuition fee
- Scores between 1.61 – 1.70 = 10% off on tuition fee
Scholarship for Service
Following scholarships can be given to deserving students for their service.
- For Libraries
- For labs
- For counseling and Guidance
A) Leonora Jusgaya Scholarship
These are provided to students (even deemed students) who do not qualify for academic grants. The Finance office selects students by screening them. If selected the candidates are given a 50% to even 100% Scholarship.
B) Sibling or Family Privilege Discounts
The siblings who join the college together get this type of scholarship. At this university, a 10% waiver of the tuition fee is provided to both the siblings.
our lady of fatima university valenzuela tuition fee nursing
olfu college of medicine scholarship
our lady of fatima university fee structure
our lady of fatima university tuition fee
our lady of fatima university ranking
Accreditation and Recognition
Our Lady of Fatima University is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- World Health Organization
- Indian Medical Council
- Philippines Education Ministry
- International Medical Education Directory
- Educational Commission for Foregin Medical Graduates, USA
Hostel and Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at Our Lady of Fatima University:
- OLFU hostel is just opposite to the university.
- The hostel has 24 hours security guards for students’ safety and also there are CCTV cameras.
- Fees for the hostel is also minimum.
- Hostel of the university is fully furnished with:-FanBedSofaDining TableOvenFridgeStudy TableCupboardWashing Machine
Life of Students at Our Lady Of Fatima University
The life of students studying MBBS at Our Lady Fatima University is as follows:
- The students are provided with best facilities in the campus such as conference and seminar rooms, classrooms, lecture halls, amphi-theatre, library facilities with audio visual monitors, administrative offices, research and teaching laboratories, seminar departments and a huge parking space.
- Students of OLFU are provided with a huge library. The OLFU university library has more than 2,00,000 books. The most important thing is that students can access the library anytime and it is free to access.
- The university provides accommodation facilities to its students.
- Indians love to celebrate the festivals. At this university, the students celebrate all the festivals with great enthusiasm.
- Along with hostel facility, students also get their favourite food at the hostel canteen.
- The university has well equipped theatre style air-conditioned classrooms with all the modern amenities for students.
- The university is listed in the California board in medicine and this makes students eligible for a job in California, and this offers a great opportunity to the students to work in the USA.
Cost of Living at Valenzuela City
The cost of living at Valenzuela city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.19 – Rs.425|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.467 – Rs.480|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.13|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.522|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||costs between Rs.3,700 – Rs.7,500|