Last Updated on December 24, 2022
Ohio Wesleyan University is a private University, established in 1842. The university is located in a Delaware, Ohio 30 minutes from Columbus, 14th largest city in the U.S. It was founded by Methodist leaders and Central Ohio residents as a nonsectarian institution, and is a member of the Ohio Five – a consortium of Ohio liberal arts colleges. The institute was first accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools in 1913.
Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the largest US universities for professionally oriented courses in Journalism, Accounting, and Business Management with more than 1500 students coming to attend the university. International students are widely accepted. In fact, 30% of the students come from 31 different countries to the institute to study in the USA.
Ohio Wesleyan University does not provide master’s degree courses to the applicants although they are assured to be admitted to graduate programs in Medical, Engineering and other fields through Ohio Wesleyan’s partnership with top universities across the US.
Ohio Wesleyan University Rankings
Ohio Wesleyan University is ranked in 2020 by the following:
- 185th in all US colleges by THE.
- 92nd National liberal Arts college by US News
- 58th best value school by US News
- 132nd top performer on social mobility by US News.
- 108th of 358 best Christian colleges in America by Niche
- 127th of 221 best liberal Arts colleges by Niche.
|Cost of attendance||59,930 USD (2019-20)|
|Campus housing capacity||6 residence halls available|
|Year of establishment||1842|
|Medium of instruction||English|
OWU Computer & Information Sciences Rankings
The computer and information sciences major at OWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer & Information Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.
|Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences||1,288|
|Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences||1,314|
Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at OWU
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Ohio Wesleyan University handed out 2 bachelor’s degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #2209 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 50% over the previous year when 2 degrees were handed out.https://54299fe86a5594d4d710ca04215d22ff.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
OWU Computer & Information Sciences Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Ohio Wesleyan University.https://54299fe86a5594d4d710ca04215d22ff.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
OWU Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program
All of the 1 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in computer and information sciences from OWU in 2020 were men.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2020 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a bachelor’s in computer and information sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
Computer & Information Sciences Majors
Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Biological & Biomedical Sciences||65|
|Natural Resources & Conservation||11|
|Mathematics & Statistics||2|
Ohio Wesleyan University Campus
- The institute is spread on a beautiful, historic 200 acres campus and is at 5 minutes away from the city.
- Coffee shops, a variety of restaurants, shopping, the classic Strand Theatre, Whit’s Frozen Custard, and events like First Friday and Farmers’ Market Saturdays are some of the perks of having campus near Historic Downtown Delaware.
- Ohio Wesleyan University around 100 active student clubs and organizations and 24 varsity sports. OWU is a competitive member of the NCAA Division III and the North Coast Athletic Conference.
- WCSA (Wesleyan Council on Student Affairs) is a student government that connects the students and college authorities.
- Furthermore, the students contribute more than 40,000 hours a year in volunteer service.
- Ohio Wesleyan University provides its students with safety and security service, late-night transport, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted sidewalks, controlled dormitory access, and 24-hour dining service.
- The university will continue to offer on-campus jobs for students this year as well.
Ohio Wesleyan University Residence
- Ohio Wesleyan University offers residence halls, small living units and houses to the students.
- The 6 residence halls are Bashford Halls, Hayes Halls, Smith Hall, Stuyvesant Halls, Thompson Halls and Welch Halls and at OWU, students are expected to live on campus all four years.
- Students of the second, third and fourth year can choose wherever they want to live.
- Smith hall is being completely renovated and will be available for the students of the first year very soon.
- Bashford halls provide a living space for 133 men and women. Most rooms are double occupancy, although there are a few triple rooms.
- Hayes halls is a single-gender residence hall and provide a living space for 196 women
- Smith hall is a 5 story building, providing living space for students in two wings. A total of 369 students live there while Stuyvesant Halls provides living space for 237 sophomore year men and women.
- Thompson Halls provides a housing facility to 106 men and women.
- All the residence rooms have basic furniture such as beds, dressers, mattresses, desk-chair, and closet.
- Dining services are provided 24/7 and some facilities available in all the halls include private/shared bathrooms, study rooms, common area, TV and swimming pool, well-equipped kitchen area, internet, laundry, and cleaning services.
Ohio Wesleyan University Programs
- Ohio Wesleyan University provides bachelor degrees only. Master’s degree courses have not been introduced yet.
- The university provides more than 90 majors and more than 50 minors.
- Chemistry, Comparative Literature, Data Analytics, Economics, Business, Journalism, and Communication are some of the popular courses taught at Ohio Wesleyan University.
- The university also provides honors programs for its students which include honors seminars, tutorials, honors projects, etc.
- Internships and campus interviews are available for the students of this university.
- Work-study options are available for the students studying under this university.
Ohio Wesleyan University Application Process
The institute has nearly 150 international students from 60 countries. Applying to Ohio Wesleyan University is no hard work. The applicants just have to follow a certain set of rules:
Application fee: No application fee required.
- English proficiency test scores (TOEFL/IELTS)
- ACT/SAT scores are optional
- Academic records
- Letter of recommendation (1)
- Evidence of financial support (if applicable)
- External exam results (if applicable)
- Statement of activities (if applicable)
- Copy of visa (if applicable)
- International student advisor report (if applicable)
|Early decision I||November 15|
|Early action||December 1|
|Early decision II||January 15|
|Regular decision||March 1|
Ohio Wesleyan University Cost of Attendance
The table below reflects the direct and indirect charges for the 2020-2021 academic year (all figures are in U.S. dollars):
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Cost||Amount in USD|
|Books & Supplies||1,240|
|Transport to Program||1,050|
Ohio Wesleyan University International Student Scholarships
- More than 99% of students of Ohio Wesleyan University receive merit-based scholarships or need-based financial aid.
- In order to apply for need-based financial aid, families of international students must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application Form(ISFAA) to the Office of Admission.
- The range of financial assistance for international students willing to study in the US is between 5,000 USD and 45,000 USD per year with an average scholarship of 30,000 USD per year.
- Additionally, on campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week, however, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per U.S. Government regulations.
- Some of the scholarships available for international students include:
- Ohio Wesleyan International baccalaureate scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students with outstanding marks in the IB curriculum. The university’s minimum IB point is 30.
- Ohio Wesleyan Cambridge A level scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown strong performance in the Cambridge A level curriculum. The university’s minimum grade required is C and B.
- Ohio Wesleyan International Methodists scholarship: This scholarship for those international students who come from methods background or have attended a Methodist secondary school.
- Ohio Wesleyan Bashford International scholarship: This scholarship is a general scholarship for all international students who do not qualify the other three scholarship programs mentioned above.
- Merit-based scholarships are also provided by various departments, for instance, Fine Arts, Music, Theatre, and Dance based on the applicant’s portfolio, audition, and interview.
- Need-based scholarships: scholarship requires one essay, one letter of recommendation, English proficiency test scores, ACT/SAT scores are optional, certification of finances, and interviews.
Ohio Wesleyan University Alumni Network
- The students graduating from Ohio Wesleyan are automatically an alumnus.
- Career services, transcript services, and being able to attend the great alumni events are some of the perks of becoming a part of the alumni association.
- Some of the noteworthy alumni members are:
- Driss Sekkat: Executive Producer and Head of Department, Middle East Broadcasting Networks.
- Anita Narayan: Managing editor, Education. US News and World Report.
- Anand Philip: Managing director, York Capital Management.
- Kara Trott: Chief Executive officer, Quantum Health.
- David Hobson: Retired member of the U.S. House Of Representatives.
Ohio Wesleyan University Placements
- In 2019, 99% of the Ohio Wesleyan University graduates are either employed or attending grad school.
- According to the data obtained from Payscale for 2019-20, the average salary of Ohio Wesleyan University Graduates is 68,483 USD annually.
- The institute has a platform called Career Connection’s that aims to help all OWU students develop and implement the tools and tenacity to navigate the path from college into the professional world. On-campus jobs are provided for the students studying under Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Career Connection hosts numerous workshops, lunch & learn, and speed networking/interviewing events throughout the year.
- Career fairs, Externship Programs, and Bishop Launch program are some opportunities for students to get jobs.
- The institute also offers a certificate program that designates completion of key career and professional development activities on campus.
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
|About this course|
- Program prepares students for professional employment or for a study in graduate school
- During the program, students learn a variety of high-level programming languages (including C/C++ and Scheme), assembly language, the UNIX operating system and object-oriented programming
- It covers topics like theory of computation, analysis of algorithms, database theory, operating systems and artificial intelligence
#93 Liberal Arts- US News & World Report 2021
Fees & Expenses
|Tuition & fees||INR 34,20,573|
Other expenses in 1st year
|Hostel & Meals||INR 8,91,086|
|Student Activity Fee||INR 18,975|
|Books and Supplies||INR 87,576|
|Personal Expenses||INR 1,24,066|
Calculated at the exchange rate of 1 USD = INR 72.98|
|Entry requirements for this course|
|Class 12th||No specific cutoff mentioned|
|Exams||TOEFL : 79IELTS : 6.5|
|Additional info||ELP requirement may be waived on the basis of Interview and a letter from the school stating that the curriculum was completed only in EnglishSAT Scores/ACT Scores are optional for students with a strong academic profile|