Last Updated on July 29, 2023
Do you have any knowledge about nanyang poly? Do you ever feel confused? Do you often feel overwhelmed with all the information available on nanyang poly so you can’t figure out which one is correct? This article will let you know about masters in nanyang poly.
The best way to learn more is to keep reading to learn all about nanyang poly in related articles on infolearners.
Nanyang Technological University Singapore enrolled over 33,000 undergraduates and postgraduate students. The acceptance rate of the university is approximately 36%. The university ranked #13 in QS world university rankings 2021 with engineering and technology subject at 8th position in QS WUR by Subject 2021.
NTU is the world’s first university to allow credits from Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) hosted on Coursera to be used to fulfil degree requirements. Approximately 26,000 students have completed and passed NTU’s MOOCs, including about 12,000 NTU students studying masters in Singapore and credit transfer.
Nanyang introduced two new bachelor’s programs including Biomedical Sciences & BioBusiness and Mathematical & Computer Sciences in 2019. NTU supports international students through tuition grants, loans and various scholarships to study in Singapore. Students are notified of the outcomes of application by mid-July for undergraduate courses and from the end of May to June for graduate courses.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a public research-oriented education provider in Singapore, highly reputed for its education and innovation. The university rank has improved a mark to #12 in 2022 from #13 in 2021 globally as per QS World University Rankings. NTU enrolled around 24,579 undergraduates and over 8,000 postgraduate students in various study areas including engineering, business, science, humanities, arts, social sciences, education and medicine.
Annual tuition fees at NTU ranges between 31,000 – 32,900 SGD, with one of the popular programs being Master of Business Administration (66,340 SGD annual fees). Aspirants willing to apply for the same need to have minimum of 2 years of work experience with competitive GMAT or GRE score. English language proficiency can be proved by submitting TOEFL IBT score of more than 100, while IELTS score of 6.5 and above.
NTU campus is often listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world which include 57 Green Mark-certified building projects comprising more than 230 buildings. Besides its campus in Singapore, Nanyang Technological University is home to a medical campus in Novena and NTU Institute of Science and Technology for offering masters in Singapore. NTU is one of the seven founding members of the Global Alliance of Technological Universities (GlobalTech) united to address global issues through science and technology.
Nanyang Technological University Rankings
Nanyang Technological University is one of the top universities in Singapore. Some of the 2021 rankings of NTU are listed below:
- As per QS WUR 2021:
- #3 in Asian University Rankings
- #1 in QS WUR Ranking By Subject
- #13 in QS World University Rankings
- #1 in QS Top 50 under 50
- #10 in QS World’s Most Photogenic Universities
- As per The Economist (EIU) 2021:
- NTU Business School ranked #1 in Singapore for 15th consecutive years
- #35 in the world and #1 in Asia in World University Rankings
- As per US News & World Report 2021:
- #38 in Best Global Universities
- #3 in Best Global Universities in Asia
- 47th in World University Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education
- Ranked #37 in the world by Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2021.
- 10 subjects taught at NTU ranked among top ten in Global Ranking of Academic Subjects by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy in 2021.
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Annual Tuition Fee||31,000 – 32,900 SGD|
|Estimated Monthly Living Expenses||1,065 – 2,000 SGD|
|Mode of Programs||Full-Time; Part-Time|
Nanyang Technological University Accommodation
NTU offers accommodation facilities for over 12,000 undergraduates and 1,200 graduate students across its 24 halls of residence at Yunnan Garden campus. Around 758 rooms are reserved for international students studying in Singapore. Housing cost for a single room or a twin-sharing room ranges from SGD 265–605. The two types of accommodation available at Nanyang Technological University campus include:
- Undergraduate Housing: These help freshmen students to immerse in a multicultural and diverse environment, well equipped with facilities such as the gym, music room and hall activities. Around 24 halls are available for undergraduate students including Saraca Hall, Banyan Hall, Crescent Hall and Tamarind Hall.
- Graduate Housing: On-campus graduate housing is available at Graduate Hall 2. Full-time graduate students and researchers are given priority when applying for graduate housing. Graduate students are allowed to stay on-campus for a maximum period of one academic year.
Nanyang Technological University Admission Process
NTU has an average acceptance rate of 35% with only one intake per year. The academic term usually commences in early August. Students can apply for Nanyang Technological University admissions via the institution’s website for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Application Fee- 30 SGD (by Bank Draft) or 20 SGD (by Credit Card); 100 SGD for MBA program
- Official academic transcripts
- Scores of exams to study in Singapore
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio or writing sample
English Language Requirements at NTU
|ACT||Composite score of 30 in writing|
Nanyang Technological University Cost of Attendance
The cost of living in Singapore for international students comprises tuition fee, accommodation cost, meals and other expenses. The tuition fee for the academic year 2021-2022 at Nanyang Technological University is shown in the table below-
|Programs||Tuition Fee (SGD)|
|All programs (except below mentioned courses)||32,950|
|Accounting, Business, Computing||36,830|
Estimated Monthly Living Expenses
|Types of Expenses||Cost per Month (in SGD)|
|On-Campus Accommodation||265 – 605 (varies with the room type)|
|Meals||300 – 400|
|Transport, Books, and Personal Expenses||320 – 540|
Nanyang Technological University Scholarships
All the international students pursuing a full-time program at Nanyang Technological University are offered financial aid. These scholarships are offered to students who present good academic results, leadership qualities, and outstanding co-curricular records. International students also have the opportunity to apply for external scholarships to study in Singapore.
Scholarships available at NTU include:
|Scholarships||Benefits||Living Allowance (SGD)|
|ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||5,800|
|NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees|
Settling-in allowance of SGD 200
One-way air passage from home country to Singapore
|Nanyang Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees|
Accommodation allowance of up to SGD 2,000 per academic year
Travel grant of up to SGD 5,000 for an overseas program
Computer allowance of SGD 1,750
|College Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||6,000|
|School Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||–|
Nanyang Technological University Alumni
Nanyang Technological University has an alumni network of 254,528 members representing 155 nationalities. These members volunteer to offer expertise and mentor students, organise various events, for career development and planning. Various benefits gained by alumni of Nanyang Technological University include:
- Alumni Course Credits: Alumni get upto SGD 1,600 course credit to pay 50% of net fee when enrolling in the courses offered by NTU’s Continuing Education and Training (NTU-CET) units.
- Alumni Card: Alumni card offers various discounts on shopping, dining, healthcare, and hotels and resorts in Singapore and other countries.
- Library services and professional development opportunities
Some of the notable alumni include:
- Ms Joanne Peh (Actress)
- Mr Zaqy Mohammad (Singapore’s Senior Minister of State for Defence & Manpower)
- Ms Dipna Lim Prasad (National Sprinter & Olympian)
Nanyang Technological University Placements
Career & Attachment Office (CAO) at Nanyang Technological University provides career coaching, industry-specific consultations, employability skills workshops, and career experiential programs for students and graduates.
- Nanyang Technological University has connections to over 3,500 global and local organisations, including MNCs, Public Service Ministries & Agencies, offering various internships, networking events and employment opportunities to propel students towards career success.
- Every year, about 5,000 students holding valid Singapore student visas are placed in various internship programs.
- CAO has developed a career framework for students called SODA: Self-Assessment, Explore Options, Set Directions, Take Actions.
- The average salary of NTU graduates as listed by Emolument are tabulated below:
|Degree||Average Salary (SGD)|
|Masters in Finance||120,000|
|Masters in Management||114,000|
|Masters of Arts||92,000|
|Application Mode||Online Portal|
|Minimum GMAT Score||600|
|Minimum GRE Score||320 (verbal & quantitative) 3.5 (analytical)|
|Mode of Payment||Internet Payment|
|Work Experience||Required for PG admissions|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Loans|
Top Programs at Nanyang Technological University
|Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]||66,340||Bachelor’s Degree Minimum of 2 years of work experience Competitive GMAT or GRE score TOEFL IBT score > 100|
IELTS score > 6.5
|Bachelor Aerospace Engineering||38,300||GCE ‘A’ level H2 level pass in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology|
Local polytechnic diploma
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Civil Engineering||44,750||Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent in a related discipline TOEFL: 600 (paper-based) / 100 (internet-based) IELTS: 6.5 (Academic)|
|Bachelor Mechanical Engineering||44,750||GCE ‘A’ level H2 level pass in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology|
Local polytechnic diploma
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Electronics||40,000||Relevant bachelor’s degree Relevant working experience TOEFL Score|
≥ 600 (paper-based) ≥ 250 (computer-based) ≥ 100 (internet-based) IELTS Score ≥ 6.5
|Master of Science [M.Sc] International Construction Management||32,240||Bachelor degree in Engineering, Architecture, or other related disciplines TOEFL: 600 (paper-based) / 100 (internet-based) IELTS: 6.5 (Academic)|
|Bachelor Design||18,320||A Portfolio A Writing Sample and Personal Statement Creative Projects Three Visuals|
Nanyang Technological University International Admissions
NTU offers various undergraduate programs including double major courses, single degree courses, double degree programs, master’s, mini master’s, graduate diploma and PhD programs for international students around the world. NTU courses are taught in various study areas including Arts, Business, Engineering, Humanities, Entrepreneurship, Medicine, Science and Social Science in both part-time and full-time mode.
Application Portal: Application for Nanyang Technological University is done online. Students will receive a confirmation email with an application number after successful submission of the application.
Application Fee: SGD 30 (by bank draft)/ SGD 20 (internet payment)
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Aspirants must have completed at least 12 years of general education.
- English Proficiency Scores
- Minimum Subject Requirements
- NTU Entrance Examinations (If required)
- Submission of Supporting Documents
- Passport particulars page/birth certificate or personal Identity Card
- High school result slip/certificate/Diploma
- Secondary school result slip or certificate
- University academic transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
English Language Proficiency for International Students
International applicants for Nanyang Technological University are required to submit proof of language proficiency. The minimum test scores requirements for admissions are as follows:
|IELTS||Overall 6, writing 6|
|ACT||30 in writing|
Visa Process for International Students
International applicants are required to apply for a Singapore student visa from their country of residence, if necessary.
- International students should apply for an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter by the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) through Nanyang Technological University.
- Students requiring an entry visa will have the entry visa included in the IPA letter.
- The entry visa only lets you stay for a period of 30 days in Singapore.
- Students should submit the IPA letter to the university. Upon doing so, they will receive a student pass which is necessary for continued stay and accessibility of campus facilities.
Country Specific Requirements at Nanyang Technological University
|India||90% in all subjects(excluding technical subjects and other languages) in 12 standard|
|Sri Lanka||A good pass in 4 subjects|
|Bangladesh||Overall GPA of 4.0 in HSCE|
|Pakistan||An average score of 85% in Higher Secondary part 1 and part 2 exam|
|Nepal||Good passes in each subject of higher secondary exam|
Nanyang Technological University Undergraduate Admissions
Nanyang Technological University offers 35 single degree programs, 15 double degree programs, 1 integrated program and 1 special program across various study areas at undergraduate level. NTU also provides Scholars Programs, a range of learning opportunities including an overseas semester at institutions such as the University of Pennsylvania and King’s College London. Global Education and Mobility (GEM) programs with 350 partner universities across more than 40 countries through GEM Explorer and GEM Discoverer. The details of the requirements for Nanyang University undergraduate courses are mentioned below:
- High school transcripts/scores/diploma.
- Secondary school transcripts/scores.
- Translations of transcripts, if required.
- Proof of 12 years of general education.
- Scores of exams required to study in Singapore
- Supporting documents- International olympiad award certificate (if available), documents for establishing personal identity.
- Applicants are required to fulfill minimum subject requirements according to the program opted.
- Additional documents are required for Art, Design, and Media Programs.
- Visual aptitude
- Creative project
- Personal statement and writing sample.
Nanyang Technological University Graduate Admissions
Nanyang Technological University offers graduate and research programs for more than 8,000 students. NTU introduced a Master of Science (Artificial Intelligence) in 2019 and it currently has more than 21 joint/dual PhD degree programs with overseas partners. The details of admission requirements for Nanyang Technological University masters programs are as follows:
Application fee: 21.4 SGPD; 100 SGD for MBA
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant degree.
- Official transcripts of the previous education.
- Translations of the transcripts, if required.
- Applicants are required to have relevant work experience.
- Some programs may not require work experience, like MSc Business Analytics.
- GMAT/GRE scores are required for admissions for applicants of Business programs.
- Supporting documents like are required for certain programs- MBA, etc