Last Updated on January 17, 2023
Accounting and Finance is a fluid and ever-changing sector, with innovations and best practices continuing to evolve to meet the world’s concerns, on a local and global scale
During this Accounting and Finance master’s you’ll assess and apply key technical accounting and finance procedures to real-world scenarios, gaining a thorough understanding of global financial markets and accounting systems. You’ll cover topics such as financial planning, corporate reporting and analysis, financial management, auditing, corporate governance, business ethics and international markets.
A key feature of this course is the integration of accounting and finance modules throughout the taught programme. You will critically evaluate the introduction of technology such as big data, blockchain and the digitalisation of corporate reporting within the Accounting profession.
Aimed at those with an interest in problem-solving and critical thinking, this course welcomes those who have studied accountancy, finance, business, mathematics or economics. It is also suitable for those who have gained relevant professional experience and want to continue to improve their career prospects. Our Accounting and Finance MSc will allow students to develop as effective accountants, finance managers, financial analysis and acquire transferable intellectual, research and professional skills.
This course will help you develop employability skills through business-relevant and research-rich learning. You’ll gain an understanding of how global economic and financial challenges impact business activity and how organisations interact within the business environment. You’ll gain the skills needed to critically evaluate current accounting and finance practices, business ethics guidelines and corporate governance frameworks to propose solutions to global challenges.
Why MSc Accounting and Finance at Birmingham?
- Accounting and Finance graduates are in high demand from a wide range of top employers for their specialist skills. Our ever-growing relationship with key employers in the sector will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations.
- Our innovative modules cover topics including accounting theory, financial management, and professional integrity, and give you the opportunity to study topics such as alternative finance, social and environmental accounting and international taxation. You will gain the knowledge needed for a career as a responsible practitioner at the forefront of emerging trends in accounting and finance.
- Get ready to re-shape the future of business with a sustainable global outlook. Our Accounting and Finance course has been developed by leading researchers in the field, with a focus on cutting-edge sustainable and responsible business practices.
- You have the opportunity to take part in the award-winning Future Leaders Certificate. This extra-curricular programme gives you the chance to work on an exciting virtual live project set by a multi-national company. The Future Leaders Certificate enables you to better understand the impact technology is having on the business world and the implications for your own career.
- If you are considering gaining a professional qualification, you can combine your MSc with ACCA professional exams using our collaboration with Kaplan Financial. There are two pathways are available:
Accounting and Finance Pathway 2
This Pathway includes tuition from Kaplan Financial to prepare for two ACCA Strategic Professional examinations; Advanced Performance Management and Advanced Financial Management.
Accounting and Finance Pathway 3
This 16-month pathway includes tuition from Kaplan Financial for four ACCA Strategic Professional exams; Advanced Performance Management, Advanced Financial Management, Strategic Business Reporting and Strategic Business Leader.
Msc Finance And Accounting In Uk
Who is this course for?
This course has been especially designed for students with a good first degree in accounting and finance who wish to further specialise in the area and get ready as a professional to meet new challenges in an interconnected global world, with complex but intellectually stimulating business problems to be solved. It is also designed to attract students who wish to combine this MSc degree with Professional ACCA qualification.
Discover our unique scholarship offers
At Birmingham Business School we offer a wide variety of scholarships for our new MSc students in 2022.
These awards are available to both UK and international applicants and range in value from partial to full tuition fee support, as well as awards of up to £10,000 for our alumni.
Accounting and finance are central to managing organisations effectively. This course integrates accounting, leadership and change, and gives you a practical insight into developing the discipline. It also provides you with a firm knowledge of accounting and finance and the adaptability needed in a rapidly changing environment.https://www.youtube.com/embed/1B-hX5vtIIc?hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&modestbranding=1&enablejsapi=1
Study at Teesside University International Business School
See what it’s like to study at our modern, enterprising and dynamic business school
This course is distinctive in its focus on using financial skills in organisations. You develop hard and soft accounting skills as well as the interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively in the challenging business environment.
If you already hold a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, you only need to undertake two modules to complete the award – Current Issues in Accounting and Research, and the Accounting Dissertation.
Top 3 reasons to study accounting and finance with us:
- Industry input: we work with brands including Coca-Cola, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, KPMG, Ernst & Young, and Johnson & Johnson to give you experience of working with global organisations.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities: our students have created 500 new business start-ups through Launchpad and Microbiz – a start-up community who provide support and advice for students looking to start a new business venture.
- United Nations’ PRME initiative – we’re a proud signatory of the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative, which aims to globally raise the profile of sustainability and responsible leadership to equip current and future leaders with the skills to deliver positive change for business and society.