The MSc in Cyber Security at Northumbria University combines the practical skills, subject expertise and business experience required to make you a competitive and attractive candidate to employers across a range of industries. Do you want to gain information about msc cyber security technology northumbria university london campus? Have you been finding it difficult to know about msc cyber security online? Are you interested in knowing about northumbria university london scholarship? Do you want to northumbria university london scholarship or do you want to read northumbria university msc cyber security technology? If yes, why worry yourself our site provides answer to question like northumbria uni cyber security.
This programme has been designed for those who have an undergraduate degree in any discipline who wish to study for a qualification which focuses on cyber security in order to develop a career path in this discipline. The MSc in Cyber Security Technology is ideally suited to those who have no prior learning in cyber security, the modular content is reflective of this strategy.
This Masters programme has been designed in consultation with partners from industry to ensure you learn up-to-date cyber security knowledge required by employers across the industry. Graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers at an entry or junior level in the cyber security sector and IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers.
The Advanced Practice option integrates an Internship, Group Consultancy Project or Research Project into the Masters programme, offering the opportunity to spend three months gaining all-important work experience and employability skills in a professional work setting.
- Enhance your theoretical and applied knowledge expertise in the rapidly growing cyber security industry
- Demonstrate your security capabilities in important, emerging technologies such as the cloud and big data
- Develop your business intelligence and leadership capabilities
- Northumbria University is recognized as a Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research (ACEs-CSR) by the National Cyber Security Centre
- The Advanced Practice includes an Internship, Group Consultancy Project or Research Project, enhancing your employability with all-important work experience
- Upon graduating, opt to further develop your skills and employability with Professional Pathways programmes through one of the UK’s leading IT and project management training providers, QA
Careers and further study
This master’s programme has been designed to ensure that graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers in the cyber security/IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers. Indeed, the qualification is designed to accelerate your skills and competence in a range of job roles, including roles in leadership and management in IT, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Security Consultant, IT Security and Support Manager, Information Security professional, Business Analyst.
MSc Cyber Security with Advanced Practice Change Course
TALK TO AN ADMISSION OFFICER NOW.
Start your path to career success with strategic, career-focused Bachelor, Master, and MBA degrees program reccomendations. Apply in 5 minutes.
|About this course|
- This course is offered at the London campus
- MSc Cyber Security with Advanced Practice provides students with a critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices
- This program will develop key skills which are highly in demand by employers and gain valuable practical experience
- The course will develop and enhance student’s ability to handle security incidents as well as identifying new and existing threats and determining methods to minimize them
- This programme is also available as an MSc Cyber Security which lasts for 1 year
Fees & Expenses
1st year tuition fees
|Tuition & fees||INR 8,69,940|
Other expenses in 1st year
|Hostel & Meals||INR 4,40,673|
What are the learning outcomes?
A student who successfully completes the degree will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrated a critical awareness of the legal frameworks, ethical and professional issues of cyber security
- Performed systematic risk assessment, identification and analysis in accordance with international standards and demonstrated an ability to deal with complex issues
- Demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of network and information systems secure communication technologies and protocols and their application to contemporary Internet-based solutions and technologies
- Evaluated and justified a suitable methodology and tools for vulnerability assessment of systems and organisations
- Conducted and reported on an ethically-based security audit and test to a professional standard, recommending and specifying suitable countermeasures
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of the theoretical concepts and implementation of current security frameworks and architectures, as well as cryptographic protocols and algorithms
- Be able to assess systems’ security requirements and apply secure design methodology and formal methods in systems design, implementation and testing
- Applied appropriate technological solutions and processes in the detection, management and investigation of information security incidents, and documented a digital investigation from a legal and professional standpoint
- Demonstrated a critical awareness of current issues and new technologies in cyber security which are informed by leading edge research and/or practice in the field
- Extrapolated from existing research, scholarship and/or fieldwork findings to identify new or revised approaches to practice
- Conducted rigorous research/formal inquiry into cyber security issues that require familiarity with a range of technologies, research sources and appropriate methodologies, and for such to inform the overall learning process