Last Updated on August 28, 2023
If you’re reading about mechanical engineering schools in phoenix az for the first time, the subject might seem overwhelming to those who haven’t previously explored the topic, but you’ll probably find it fascinating.
Learn more about Arizona state university mechanical engineering, Arizona state mechanical engineering ranking, best mechanical engineering schools in Arizona, Arizona state university, online mechanical engineering degree and engineering schools in Arizona. You’ll also find more resources related to arizona state university on infolearners.
Why a degree in engineering?
Let’s face it, you’re smart. You passed science and math classes with flying colors, and you are the “go-to” when it comes to computer help. You probably took apart a lot of things in your childhood just to see how they worked. Now here you are, ready to literally build the future.
How to prepare for an engineering degree
Engineering has a lot of positives. As suspected, student debt won’t be a concern since finding an engineering career with a starting salary less than $55,000 or an average salary less than $85,000 is more difficult than learning the RubixCube pattern. If money isn’t your driving factor, how about the 85% of engineers who are satisfied with their jobs*, despite longer workdays.
It’s the challenges every day that keep engineers and their ticking minds happy. So if you think you can hack it out with the best of them, brush the dust off that TI84 and get ready. It really is rocket science.
Arizona State University-Tempe Tempe, AZ
Arizona State University
Arizona State University-Tempe offers 65 Engineering degree programs. It’s a very large, public, four-year university in a midsize city. In 2019, 3,220 Engineering students graduated with students earning 1,866 Bachelor’s degrees, 1,112 Master’s degrees, 154 Doctoral degrees, and 88 Certificates.
Glendale Community College Glendale, AZ
Glendale Community College offers 4 Engineering degree programs. It’s a large, public, two-year college in a large suburb. In 2019, 82 Engineering students graduated with students earning 49 Certificates, and 33 Associate’s degrees.
List of all Engineering colleges in Phoenix
Online Mechanical Engineering Degree
While the majority of coursework is online, you’ll get to come to campus for 1 – 2 weeks during the summer to meet your professors and complete the laboratory portions of the mechanical engineering program. Your time on the UND campus is designed to integrate, extend and apply the knowledge you’ve learned during your online courses. Your campus visit will include:
- Hands-on mechanical engineering labs or simulations
- Training and practice with technical communication
- Opportunities to interact with faculty and other students in chemical engineering
The hands on experience necessary for mechanical engineering can only be gained on your campus visit. You’ll work over a short period of time with dedicated faculty and teaching assistants to build experience and master the job skills you need.
Affordable Online Colleges
UND is one of the most affordable online colleges in the region. For this program, we offer in-state tuition rates regardless of your legal residency. Compare and you’ll see UND is lower cost than similar four-year doctoral universities.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We’re here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We’ll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND’s breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)