Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Are you an international student? Are you interested in learning more about Schools In Hong Kong? Do you get overwhelmed by the amount of conflicting information you see online? If so, you need not search further because you will find the answer to that question in the article below.
To get more information on Schools In Hong Kong. You can also find up-to-date, related articles on Collegelearners.
Modern medical education in Hong Kong started with the founding of the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese (Chinese: 香港華人西醫書院) in 1887. Currently, six institutes of higher education are engaged in the training of medical practitioners in Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese (Chinese: 香港華人西醫書院) was founded in 1887 by the London Missionary Society, with its first graduate (in 1892) being Sun Yat-sen. Sun following the 1911 Xinhai Revolution, which changed China from an empire to a republic, became president of China. The Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese was the forerunner of the School of Medicine of the University of Hong Kong, which started in 1911.
Medical and Healthcare Education Institutes
|Institute||Organisation||Undergraduate programmes provided|
|University of Hong Kong||Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine||M.B., B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)Bachelor of NursingBachelor of PharmacyBachelor of Chinese medicineBachelor of Biomedical Science|
|Faculty of Dentistry||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Faculty of Education||Bachelor of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences|
|Chinese University of Hong Kong||Faculty of Medicine||M.B., Ch.B. (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)Bachelor of NursingBachelor of PharmacyBachelor of Science in Public HealthBachelor of Chinese medicineBachelor of Science in GerontologyBachelor of Science in Community Health Practice|
|Hong Kong Polytechnic University||Faculty of Health and Social Sciences||Bachelor of Science in PhysiotherapyBachelor of Science in Occupational therapyBachelor of Science in NursingBachelor of Science in Mental Health NursingBachelor of Science in Medical laboratory ScienceBachelor of Science in RadiographyBachelor of Science in OptometryBachelor of Science in Applied Ageing StudiesBachelor of Science in Veterinary Nursing|
|School of Professional Education and Executive Development||Bachelor of Science Scheme in Applied Sciences (with specialism in Health Studies)|
|Open University of Hong Kong||School of Science and Technology||Bachelor of Nursing with Honours in General Health CareBachelor of Nursing with Honours in Mental Health Care|
|Hong Kong Baptist University||School of Chinese Medicine||Bachelor of Pharmacy in Chinese MedicineBachelor of Chinese Medicine and Bachelor of Biomedical Science|
|Tung Wah College||Department of Nursing and Health Sciences||Bachelor of Health Science Major in NursingBachelor of Health Science Major in Applied Gerontology|
|Department of Rehabilitation and Social Sciences||Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy|
|Department of Medical Science||Bachelor of Medical Science Major in Basic Medical SciencesBachelor of Medical Science Major in Forensic ScienceBachelor of Medical Science Major in Medical Laboratory ScienceBachelor of Medical Science Major in Radiation TherapyBachelor of Medical Science Major in Veterinary Health Studies|
|Caritas Institute of Higher Education||School of Health Sciences||Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) Programme|
The intakes of various healthcare related Bachelor’s programs in Hong Kong are limited.
Hong Kong has only two comprehensive medical faculties, the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and the Faculty of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and they are also the sole two institutes offering pharmacy and six-year medical programmes. Both universities’ medical programmes are composed of two parts, two to three years of pre-clinical studies (duration depends on whether the student is a high school graduate or a degree holder pursuing for another degree), and three years of clinical years. Throughout the three years of clinical clerkship, students are rotated in general medicine, surgery, and other specialties. In order to better address Hong Kong’s healthcare needs, there have been calls for the creation of a third medical school in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong has eight public universities, and two comprehensive medical faculties in the city offering a range of medical courses (such as Nursing and Dentistry), as well as six year Medicine programmes – the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and the Faculty of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong. Others, such as Hong Kong Polytechnic University, offer other healthcare discipline courses including Physiotherapy, Nursing and Radiography.
The two medical faculties have world-class reputations: the Chinese University of Hong Kong ranks 46th in the QS World University Rankings (2015-16). The University of Hong Kong ranks 30th, and also holds 44th place on the Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings.
For more information on the range of course and the application process, you can visit our pages on HKU Medicine and CUHK Medicine.
What are the entry requirements for studying Medicine in Hong Kong?
If you’re thinking of studying Medicine in Hong Kong, entry requirements for each university and course varies, but HKU require the following HKDSE results to study Medicine:
- English – Level 4
- Chinese – Level 3
- Mathematics – Level 3
- Liberal Studies – Level 2
HKU also ask that you attain a Level 3 in two electives, one of which must be Chemistry or Combined Science, with Chemistry as one of the components. However, HKDSE entry requirements to study Medicine at the Chinese University of Hong Kong are slightly different:
- Chinese – Level 3
- English – Level 4
- Liberal Studies – Level 3
- Mathematics Compulsory Part – Level 3
In elective subjects, CUHK requires Biology or Chemistry at Level 3, accompanied by another subject at the same level. They recommend that students take both subjects. Make sure you’re familiar with the entry requirements for your course before applying!
Other healthcare discipline programmes are dispersed among other universities which do not host a medical faculty.
Various postgraduate courses in different fields of healthcare or biomedical sciences are also provided by those institutes.
In addition to Bachelor program, some education bodies, public hospitals and private hospitals were acknowledged as registered nurse/ enrolled nurse training schools by The Nursing Council of Hong Kong to provide higher diploma programs or professional diploma programs, in order to increase manpower of Enrolled Nurses and Registered Nurses in the industry.
|Queen Mary Hospital|
|Queen Elizabeth Hospital||School of Nursing||Higher Diploma in Nursing|
|Princess Margaret Hospital|
|Prince of Wales Hospital|
|Caritas Medical Centre||School of Nursing||Higher Diploma in Nursing|
|Kwong Wah Hospital|
|United Christian Hospital|
|Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital||School of Nursing||Higher Diploma in Nursing (Enrolled Nurses-General) (HD-EN) Programme|
|Tuen Mun Hospital||School of General Nursing|
|Yan Chai Hospital|
|HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education, the University of Hong Kong||The College of Life Sciences and Technology|
|HKU SPACE Community College, the University of Hong Kong||Higher Diploma in General Nursing (Enrolled Nurses)|
|St. Teresa’s Hospital||School of Nursing||Higher Diploma in General Nursing (Enrolled Nurse) ProgrammeProfessional Diploma in Nursing|
|Union Hospital||School of Nursing||Higher Diploma in General Nursing (Enrolled Nurses)|
|Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital|
|Hongkong Adventist Hospital and Tsuen Wan Adventist Hospital||Hongkong Adventist School of Nursing|
|Hong Kong Baptist Hospital||The School of Nursing||Higher Diploma Nursing Program|
|The Grantham Hospital|
|Haven of Hope Hospital|
|Tung Wah Eastern Hospital|
|Our Lady of Maryknoll Hospital|
To be registered as medical practitioners, medical graduates must successfully undertake and complete at least one year of supervised practice, generally known as an internship, with satisfactory performance. The internship is undertaken in hospital positions accredited for this purpose.
During this year interns (house officers) are rotated to four specialties (medicine and surgery plus two of obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics and traumatology, emergency medicine, psychiatry or ophthalmology). Each of them lasts three months. There is no work hour limit in Hong Kong and interns are expected to work 80–100 hours per week.
Non-local Medical Graduates
Before the handover in 1997, medical degrees from HKU and CUHK were eligible for full registration with the General Medical Council in the United Kingdom. However, reciprocality for UK/ Commonwealth medical graduates has since been abolished. In order to become a fully registered medical practitioner in Hong Kong, all non-local medial graduates are required to attain a medical license (LMCHK) from the Medical Council of Hong Kong. The rigorous process includes passing the 3-part Licentiate Examination (HKMLE). In 2017, the Licentiate Society, an independent, non-profit entity, formed to represent the LMCHK and to help meet their professional needs. The MCHK exempts graduates of HKU and CUHK from taking the HKML
University of Hong Kong: Statistics
|#122 of 14,160||In the World|
|#11 of 5,829||In Asia|
|#5 of 960||In China|
|#1 of 11||In Hong Kong|
|#12 of 1,006||For Construction Management|
|Top100||For 72 other topics|
Acceptance rate & Admissions
|Admissions Requirements||Hong Kong Certificate of Education (HKCEE) or equivalent, and Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or equivalent, or other qualifications as equivalent|
|Academic Calendar||September to June|
|Full time employee||2,250|
Chinese University of Hong Kong: Statistics
|#156 of 14,160||In the World|
|#15 of 5,829||In Asia|
|#6 of 960||In China|
|#2 of 11||In Hong Kong|
|#22 of 1,000||For Ophthalmology|
|Top100||For 62 other topics|
partnershipHighest DegreeDoctorateWebsitewww.cuhk.edu.hkLanguagesChinese;EnglishAcceptance rate14%*
* The Chinese University of Hong Kong is among the institutions that don’t provide data on acceptance rates. This might happen because a university has programs where an applicant only needs to meet admission requirements to enroll and doesn’t necessarily competes with others.
We estimate the above acceptance rate based on admission statistics of closely-ranked nearby universities with similar research profiles that do publish such data.
Acceptance rate & Admissions
|Admissions Requirements||Local students, Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) and Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or General Certificate of Education Examination (Advanced Level) or other equivalent qualifications. Non-local students, possess a qualification obtained outside Hong Kong which qualifies them for university admission in the country/region where such qualification is obtained.|
|Academic Calendar||August to July|
|Full time employee||2,250|
Universities for Medicine near Hong Kong
|Distance, km||University||Country rank||City|
|62||Macau University of Science and Technology||159||Macau|
|63||University of Macau||81||Macau|
|115||Guangdong University of Technology||211||Guangzhou|
|126||South China Normal University||85||Guangzhou|
|127||South China Agricultural University||76||Guangzhou|
|128||South China University of Technology||79||Guangzhou|
|132||Sun Yat – Sen University||5||Guangzhou|
|#2176 of 14,160||In the World|
|#647 of 5,829||In Asia|
|#246 of 960||In China|
|#9 of 11||In Hong Kong|
|#829 of 1,123||For Multimedia|
Acceptance rate & Admissions
|Admissions Requirements||Distance-learning programmes: Anyone aged 17 or above. No academic entry requirements, except for postgraduate and professional programmes. Full-time face-to-face programmes: Requirements vary according to different degree programmes: Form-6 school leavers, Associate Degree holders, Hong-Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) and its equivalents|
|Academic Calendar||Distance – learning programmes: April to March, (April-September; October-March); Full-time face-to-face programmes: September to August|
|Full time employee||1,750|
Open University of Hong Kong majors
by publication & citation count
|Computer Science||358 / 3,101|
|Liberal Arts & Social Sciences||328 / 5,873|
|Business||255 / 6,110|
|Medicine||252 / 3,049|
|Psychology||193 / 3,574|
|Engineering||172 / 1,088|
|Mathematics||149 / 5,693|
|Art & Design||146 / 864|
|Economics||111 / 2,937|
|Sociology||104 / 2,758|
|Artificial Intelligence (AI)||101 / 796|
|Math Teachers||87 / 3,034|
|Biology||73 / 1,067|
|Environmental Science||70 / 976|
|Multimedia||65 / 333|
|Health Science||62 / 768|
|Marketing||59 / 2,856|
|Social Psychology||57 / 1,004|
|Political Science||56 / 214|
|Education Majors||56 / 1,534|
|Chemistry||56 / 378|
|Communications and Public Relations||49 / 1,325|
|Physical Therapy||47 / 207|
|Computational Linguistics||41 / 237|
|Management Information Systems||41 / 1,234|
|Nursing||35 / 1,011|
|Linguistics||34 / 261|
|Computer Networking||31 / 250|
|Demography||29 / 611|
|Hospitality and Hotel Management||29 / 415|
|Finance||29 / 298|
|Investment Banking and Stock trading||28 / 862|
|Sports Medicine||28 / 90|
|Human-Computer Interaction||28 / 100|
|Gerontology||27 / 372|
|Physics||25 / 105|
|Econometrics and Mathematical Economics||24 / 1,584|
|Data Science||23 / 63|
|Human Resource Management||23 / 498|
|Clinical Psychology||23 / 379|
Medical schools in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Academy of Medicine Jockey Club Buil
- Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences
- Lingnan University Hong Kong Alumni D.s.s. Primary School
- HKU SPACE Headquarters
Chinese University of Hong Kong: Ranking, Courses, Admission, Cost of Attendance, Scholarships & Placements
The Chinese University of Hong Kong is a forward-thinking comprehensive public research university, rated 26th for “Asia Pacific Region’s Most Innovative Universities” by Reuters. CUHK boasts Hong Kong’s largest, most picturesque, and sustainably planned campus, with contemporary academic facilities, and cultural, sport, social, and other attractions along with higher education in Hong Kong. Programs offered by CUHK are a total of 300 via its eight Faculties namely- Arts, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Science, and Social Science.
Candidates willing to study at the university can apply online after paying an application fee of HKD 450. The deadline for applications is closed, however, students can still apply, and based on the availability of seats will get selected. The university also conducts an interview round for some specific courses. SAT score of 590 and ACT score of 23 is essential for admission. additional documents that the university accepts are financial affidavits, medical health results, LOR and SOP.
The tuition fee for top programs at CUHK ranges from HKD 132,000 – HKD 560,000. For financial assistance, students can apply for a wide range of scholarships namely- CUHK Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for Excellence, Sports Scholarships, Exchange Scholarships and others. Graduates from the university are working with Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Google, Microsoft, Hyatt International and other renowned ones.
Chinese University of Hong Kong Rankings
As per top ranking agencies in 2021, ranking of Chinese University of Hong Kong are:
- #43 out of more than 1,000 universities worldwide by QS
- #56 in the world by THE
- #95 for best global universities by U. S. News & World Report
- #101 in the academic ranking of world universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of UG Seats||3,781|
|Number of PG Seats||650|
|UG Tuition Fee||HK$145,000|
|PG Tuition Fee||HK$200,000|
Chinese University of Hong Kong Campus
The Chinese University is known for the beauty of its campus, which is located in the northwest part of Sha Tin, 30 minutes by rail from downtown Kowloon and 20 minutes from the Lo Wu border. It is constructed on a mountainside of over 137.3 hectares and is Hong Kong’s largest and most beautiful campus. Bird and botanical excursions, as well as hiking, cycling, and long leisurely walks, are all possible over there. In reality, the Chinese University is home to some of Hong Kong’s most beautiful walkways.
- CUHK has a Campus Master Plan (CMP) to govern the long-term development of its campus. It also takes into account the university’s teaching, learning, and research needs.
- One of Hong Kong’s most powerful and extensive collections is housed at the University Library System. The Art Museum exhibits ancient and pre-modern Chinese art regularly. The public is drawn to the Jockey Club Museum of Climate Change, the world’s first museum dedicated to the serious subject.
- Work and education require a healthy mix of fun and fitness. Stadiums, gymnasiums, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, weight training rooms, and a Water Sporting Centre are among the sports facilities students can avail. Renting of barbeque spots is also there at the college premises.
- The University Campus Backbone Network connects the whole campus, including classrooms, student dormitories, teaching blocks, academic and administrative buildings, via high-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet cables.
- Students have unlimited access to the computers at the Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC).
Chinese University of Hong Kong Accommodations
CUHK has on-campus accommodation facilities for its students and also helps students to find out other residential options to stay in Hong Kong. Students who choose to reside on campus throughout their undergraduate studies are given a hostel room for three years. Non-local students, on the other hand, are encouraged to live off-campus for one academic year throughout their studies to widen and broaden their exposures.
50% of CUHK undergraduates live in college dormitories. These halls, together with six postgraduate halls, have a total capacity of nearly 8,000 students. The halls first opened their doors in 2005 to provide a multicultural living environment for local, non-local, and exchange students.
|Particulars||Costs (in HKD)|
|Hostel Fee||13,360 – 17,070 (per annum)|
In Hong Kong, the rent for a private flat is relatively high, and many landlords would only consider leases of at least one year. However, living off-campus might be enjoyable because you will have more flexibility and will be able to explore the local culture.
|Types of Accommodation||Rents per month (in HKD)|
|Large Apartments||12,000- 15,000|
Chinese University of Hong Kong Programs
Chinese University of Hong Kong offers UG and PG programs through its 8 Faculties namely- Arts, Business Administration, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Science, and Social Science.
- The medium of instruction is both English and Chinese. Although most of the programs are taught in English.
- The top courses of the university are MBA, Global Economics and Finance, Journalism, Anthropology, Biomedical Engineering and others.
- Electronic, information, and automation engineering specialities have world-leading positions.
- The Business School, Law School, and Medical School all offer professional training and are also major research centres.
Below are a few major programs of the university along with their entrance requirements and course fee:
|Programs||Entry Requirements||Course Fee (in HKD)|
|MBA||GMAT: 21 3 years of full-time work experience||560,000|
|MS in Biomedical Engineering||UG in Engineering, Science, or Medical||165,000|
|MS in Nutrition, Food Science, and Technology||UG honours in Nutrition, Food Science Technology, Biological and Medical Sciences with 50-55%||132,000|
|MA in Journalism||Degree from a university in Hong Kong or another degree program in which the medium of instruction was English, or minimum TOEFL score of 550 (PBT)/ 79 (iBT)/ IELTS (Academic) 6.5||162,000|
|MA in Anthropology||Graduate certificate and an SOP||145,000|
Chinese University of Hong Kong Admissions
Students planning to study in Hong Kong at CUHK must have good academic performance along with English language competence, and few other program-specific criteria. International applicants must provide the supporting documents in addition to the online application. Below are the necessary steps one should follow while applying:
- Choose the course willing to apply.
- A few courses have special admission criteria, which students should be aware of. For instance, Engineering students must have an A Grade in Mathematics.
- Apply directly through the CUHK application portal along with submitting all the necessary documents.
- Post applying, students will receive an immediate confirmation to monitor the progress.
- Pay the application cost.
- The status of the application can be checked by logging onto the CUHK’s site.
- If selected, visit the offer acceptance page for information on how to accept the offer.
- Shortlisted candidates for a few masters program at CUHK will be invited to an interview via phone, email, or letter to set up an appointment.
Application Portal: University Application Portal
Application Fee: HK$450
Deadline: May 31, 2021
- Candidates must be of 18 years of age
- Passport size photo
- Academic transcripts
- Valid Passport for student visa
- Scores of the tests to study in Hong Kong- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/GRE/GMAT Certificate.
- Statement of Purpose
- Medical History Form
- Two letters of recommendation
Note: Although applications submitted beyond this deadline will be accepted, the decision of the University will be final.
English Proficiency Tests Requirements
The following minimum English language test scores from the below providers will be acceptable:
Chinese University of Hong Kong Cost of Attendance
As an international student, the cost of attendance varies depending on the level of study and program chosen. The expenses include tuition fees, course materials, rent, food, transportation and other miscellaneous particulars. The estimated range of the expenses are as follows:
The annual minimum cost of tuition fees for UG and PG degrees is calculated as per overseas students’ convenience.
|Courses||Annual Fees (in HKD)|
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Hong Kong depends on how extravagantly one chooses to live. The table is for reference as the minimum expenses that students have to incur.
|Particulars||Costs (in HKD)|
|Off-campus accommodation||7,000 – 9,000|
|Food and other expense||10,000|
Chinese University of Hong Kong Scholarships
CUHK offers a wide range of scholarships for those who are looking for financial aid in Hong Kong. These scholarships are merit-based, students having outstanding performance on extracurricular activities. Students can apply for these scholarships after admission. Details of a few scholarships can be found below:
- CUHK Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for Excellence
Each year, 8 non-renewable HK$50,000 prizes will be presented to outstanding new students admitted to any full-time undergraduate degree, regardless of entrance channel or domicile.
- Exchange Scholarships
In addition to the Admission Scholarship, exceptional new students may be given a University Exchange Scholarship ranging from HK$10,000 to HK$80,000.
- Sports Scholarships
Students who have excelled in sports will be granted a sports scholarship ranging from HK$10,000 to HK$50,000 for a maximum of five years, as well as a guaranteed dorm spot in the first year, which will be renewed depending on annual evaluation.
- Scholarships Based on Exceptional Performance in Non-Academic Areas
International students that succeed in non-academic achievements such as sports and games, music and performing arts, art and design, innovation, science, and technology/STEM may be given one-time full-tuition scholarships.
Work while Study
Non-local students studying in Hong Kong are generally prohibited from working, whether paid or unpaid. However, the restrictions on internships and part-time work for them have been lifted.
Chinese University of Hong Kong Alumni
The Chinese University of Hong Kong’s alumni activities extends back to the pre-University days in the 1950s and early 1960s when graduates of the three founding colleges formed their own alumni organizations.
Various alumni groups have also been formed throughout the years to encourage alumni camaraderie. There are now approximately 120 alumni associations in the United States and overseas. Through the Alumni Affairs Office, which offers support and assistance to these groups in their membership marketing, CU alumni associations have maintained close ties with the University.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University: Acceptance Rate Ranking, Courses, Admission Process, Cost of Attendance and Scholarships
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a public research university acclaimed globally for its world-class research and academic excellence. With more than 26,000 attendees, PolyU is also home to over 33.6% of international students coming for higher education in Hong Kong. The university offers top-notch undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctorate degree programs in 30 academic units across eight faculties and schools. With only a 2% acceptance rate PolyU is highly selective and competitive in its admissions with the major requirements being academic intellectuality along with extra-curriculum participation from candidates and also a good research background.
Candidates seeking to take admission at Hong Kong PolyU need to apply via the university online portal after paying an application fee of HKD 450. Indian aspirants need to complete ISC/HSSC/AISSC at Grade 12 with an average of 75% in five subjects. Other important requirements from international students assessed by the admissions committee include previous academic transcripts, LOR, SOP, valid passport, proof of finances, SAT and ACT scores. As proof of proficiency in English, candidates need to have an IELTS score of 6.0.
|College Type||Public University|
|No. of Campus||2|
|Enrollment||26,245 UG: 14,961 Others: 11,284 PG: 5,547|
|Mode of Program||Full-Time, Part-Time|
|Student: Faculty||15: 1|
|Academic Pattern||Semester- based|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Loans|
|Helpdesk||Tel: (852) 2333 0600 Email: [email protected]|
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Rankings
Being a leading research institute, the university has been being ranked globally at the top by some of the most influential sites and educational ranking agencies. It has been rated QS 5 Stars and is ranked at #6 on the QS 2021 ‘Top 50 under 50’.
Consistently ranked among the top 100 institutions worldwide, a quick glance at the recent ranking of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University are:
As per QS 2022
- #66 in World University Rankings
- #25 in QS Asian University Rankings
- #9 in QS WUR Ranking by Subject
As per THE 2021
- #129 in World University Ranking
- #12 in Young University Rankings
- #23 in Asia University Ranking
As per US News 2021
- #170 in Best Global Universities
- #20 in Best Global Universities in Asia
- #5 in Best Global Universities in Hong Kong
As per CWUR 2021
- #27 in National University Ranking
- #267 in World University Ranking
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Campus and Accommodations
PolyU has two campuses across Hong Kong that comprises its eight faculties and schools spread widely on a lush green urban setting. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University has extensive on-campus residential and housing options for domestic and international students.
- The campus has 20 buildings that include residential halls, a library, exhibition areas, laboratories, multi-functional classrooms and lecture theatres, design studios and workshops, as well as a communal lounge, swimming pool.
- There are two major accommodation halls namely Hung- Hom Halls and Homantin Halls which further have nine individual halls and six individual halls respectively.
- Each individual residential hall of Hong Kong PolyU campus accommodates one warden and live-in faculty members along with housing students.
- Besides, for international students who are not eligible for on-campus residence, a university-managed housing- site Chun Fook Mansion provides appropriate and reasonable accommodation facilities that students can opt for.
- Students can email at [email protected] for information and queries.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Programs
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University has varied study areas offering undergraduate, graduate, doctorate and other degrees where students can develop their skills and potentials. The degree programs of Hong Kong PolyU are across six faculties.
The programs are rigorous, intellectually challenging, innovative, have a practical approach and students can choose either part-time or full-time mode of a degree program.
- Civil engineering, marketing, biomedical engineering, hotel management, chemical technology & engineering, nursing, occupational therapy, events management, accountancy, computing are included in the UG courses of Hong PolyU for a duration of 4 years.
- PG programs of Hong Kong PolyU include extensive applied research areas and give students insight into the industrial working and practical requirements of the subject.
- The student exchange programs, service-learning programs and work-integrated education help students develop co-curricular interests along with academic excellence ultimately improvising their global outlook.
|Programs||Tuition Fee per credit (in HK$)|
|Masters of Science in Biomedical Engineering||5,300|
|Masters of Business Administration||10,300|
|Masters of Science in Health Informatics||4,835|
|Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy||5,600|
|Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering||5,300|
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Admissions
PolyU is a highly competitive university that requires a rigorous academic profile and extra-curriculum record to get admission and prospective candidates must apply at the earliest as applicants are only admitted until the availability of seats. Candidates seeking admission at top Hong Kong universities can apply to PolyU for a single UG program or several PG courses using the university’s online application portal.
After complete online application submission, candidates are assigned a PolyU application number as confirmation which they must use in future correspondence with the university.
Application Portal: PolyU Application Portal
Application Fee: 450- 500 HKD
- Complete the application form.
- Academic transcripts
- Copies of the original certificate of qualifications.
- Personal statement (must be in proper format as stated on the university website).
- Letter of Recommendation
- Completion of ISC/HSSC/AISSC at Grade 12 with an average of 75% in five subjects is mandatory for Indian applicants
- English Proficiency Test Requirement
|TOEFL iBT||80- above|
|TOEFL PBT||550- above|
- English language requirement can be waived for students having 75% or above in English in examinations at Grade 12
- Shortlisted candidates are interviewed individually in person or via any electronic means.
NOTE: All the documents must be in English only.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University begins its academic year in September and has two types of application submission i.e. early consideration and normal consideration. Candidates are offered admission until the availability of seats only and hence prospective international candidates must apply at the earliest for priority consideration.
The general application deadlines of Hong Kong PolyU are:
|Application Type||Deadlines||Result Notification|
|Early Consideration||25 November||By Mid- February|
|Normal Consideration||25 February||By Mid-May|
Candidates submitting their applications after the deadline will be considered for the next round of admission.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Cost of Attendance
Prospective international students should plan their finance in advance before applying at PolyU as education and stay in Hong Kong can be expensive. The estimated costs that a student need to incur are tabulated below. However, the costs of living in Hong Kong can differ as per one’s choice of living:
|Expenses||Amount (in HKD)|
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Scholarships
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University offer various merit-based and need-based scholarships to international students looking for financial assistance to study in Hong Kong. Applicants need to submit a separate scholarship form along with their admission application. Students will be notified of their scholarship confirmation with their acceptance letter. Up to full tuition fee waivers are available for meritorious students coming from overseas to study in the university.
International candidates are not eligible to apply for financial aid from the government as well as the university but they can apply for loans from external sponsors and other fund organizations.
A few of the common scholarships awarded to international students are:
|Scholarships||Eligibility||Amount (in HKD)|
|Entry Scholarship||Outstanding international students at prior high schools.||Full Scholarship: 195,000/ year. Full Tuition waiver: 145,000/ year Half Tuition waiver: 72,500/ year|
|The Belt and Road Scholarships||Outstanding international applicants from belt and road regions.||Full tuition fee|
In addition to this, there are also faculty scholarships and post-entry scholarships that are awarded by academic departments and faculties on an academic basis.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Alumni
PolyU has a dedicated alumni association network that connects 436,000 accomplished alumni from all fields and parts of the world. The alumni enjoy various perks of being connected to universities such as free access to libraries, sports facilities, discounts on food and beverages in prominent hotels and such.
In return, the alumni volunteer for their alma matters such as offering professional expertise, mentoring students, providing internships opportunities, fundraising and such. PolyU also hosts various events for alumni where honorary and dedicated alumni are awarded for their support and success.
City University of Hong Kong Ranking, Programs, Admission Process, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The City University of Hong Kong is a public higher education institute, ranked #53 amongst the top universities worldwide by QS world ranking 2022. Institute has a semester-wise academic calendar and offers a huge number of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university opens portals for applications three times a year in the summer, fall, and winter sessions. The application procedure is online and it will cost HK$ 450 (changes according to program level) to apply for any of the programs at City University of Hong Kong.
The applicants seeking admission at City University of Hong Kong are required to pay an average tuition fee i.e. HK$ 1,40,000 per academic year. Institute also offers some scholarships to top-performing students like postgraduate studentship and entrance scholarships for non-local students, etc. All the information related to University is mentioned below in the article so keep on reading.
City University of Hong Kong Ranking
Institute has ranked in top positions globally by multiple authorities and websites. Here are some rankings of City University of Hong Kong in 2021:
- Ranked #53 amongst the top universities globally by QS world ranking 2022
- Ranked #18 in Asian university ranking by QS 2021
- Ranked #4 in top 50 under 50 by QS 2021
- Ranked #5 in Young University Ranking by Times 2021
- Ranked #25 globally in material science by QS 2021
- Ranked #25 globally in business & management by QS 2021
- Ranked #96 globally in engineering and technology by QS 2021
- Ranked #58 globally in accounting and finance by QS 2021
|No. of Campus||1|
|Campus Location||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|Intake||3 intakes a year|
|Intake sessions||Fall, winter, and summer|
|Enrollment fee||HK$450 (non-refundable)|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Students||HK$1, 40,000 (may change)|
|Mode of Programs||Full time, Part-time, Online|
|Types of Programs||Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate|
City University of Hong Kong Campus
The university has a fully-fledged multidimensional campus situated at Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon. The campus is an urban location so it becomes very easy for students to access the buses, restaurants and cafes, stationery shops, shopping malls, taxi stations, railway stations, etc.
- Institute has multiple academic buildings on the campus like Yeung Kin Man Academic Building, Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building, etc. for different fields of study like business, arts, and science, engineering, veterinary science, etc.
- Institute also has an on-campus accommodation facility for students and offers housing facilities in its multiple residential halls like Jockey Club Humanity Hall, Sir Gordon, and Lady Ivy Wu Hall, etc.
Institute offers Run Run Shaw Library facility to students which contains thousands of books, e-books, journals, thesis, DVDs and CDs, magazines, etc. Institute has more than 1,034,000 print books, 2,174,500 e-books, 177,700 volumes of bound periodicals, 114,990 e-journals, 390 databases, 71,000 audiovisuals, and 1030 current serials.
- Students can easily access the library facility remotely and get regular notifications about the new arrivals of books and references
- Library offers multiple subject experts to students for book consultation and searching of resources
City University of Hong Kong Resident/Accommodation
Institute offers world-class comfortable on-campus housing facilities to students in its 11 residential halls in Cornwall Street and Jockey Club House which are named Sir Gordon and Lady Ivy Wu Hall, Jockey Club Academy Hall, HSBC Prosperity Hall, Chan Sui Kau Hall, etc.
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate students’ halls are different, offering single and double shared rooms, 3 person shared rooms.
- The pricing of different residential halls is different according to the facility. So visit the official website for exact and more information about the pricing. Given prices in a table do not include Air-conditioning, laundry, and bedding fees
Here is the information about the accommodation fees for Postgraduate Hall (per person in HK$):
|Room type||Research degree student per month||Government-funded student per semester|
|Single Room||$3,600 to $4,050||$15,900 to $19,800|
|Double Room (Studio-Regular)||$2,400 to $2,850||$12,700|
|Double Room (Studio-Large)||$4,350 to $4,550||$19,000 to $19,800|
|3-Person Room||$3,400 to $3,950||$15,250 to $17,450|
Top Programs at City University of Hong Kong
Institute offers more than 100+ undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the fields of Business, Engineering, Science, Creative Media, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences, Data Science, Law, and Veterinary Medicine, etc.
Here are the basic admission requirements:
- Applicants must have completed SSC/HSC/ISC Standard XII qualification with at least 75% marks
- Applicants have an international baccalaureate with a minimum score of 30
- Applicants must have completed higher secondary education qualification
- Applicants have completed Associate Degree/Higher Diploma with at least CGPA of 3.0 or above
- Applicants have bachelor’s and master’s degrees from a recognized institute with relevant work experience
- Some programs also accept GMAT scores as well
|Program||Tuition fee per credit in HK$||Requirement|
|Master of Business Administration||$10,200||Bachelors degree with relevant work experience from a recognized institute + GMAT score|
|MSc in Business and Data Analytics||$7,200||Bachelors degree in any field with acceptable mathematical knowledge|
|Master of Science in Data Science||$9,200||Be a degree holder in Engineering, Science or other relevant disciplines|
|MSc in Computer Science||$5,200||Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer studies, etc., or bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Manufacturing Engineering, etc.|
|MSc in Engineering Management||$5,700||Bachelors degree in engineering, science + have qualifications with evidence that acceptable to University|
|MSc in Organizational Management||$6,700||Holds recognized degree and meet the language proficiency|
|Master of Science in Health Sciences and Management||$5,700||undergraduate degree in Medicine /Biology/ Bioengineering /Veterinary Sciences + little training in the health-related area|
|MSc in Financial Engineering||$9,200||Bachelors degree from recognized institute + more than 1-year experience in same field + strong foundation in quantitative analysis|
|MSc in Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology||$5,200||Undergraduate degree in Physics, Chemistry, Civil / Electrical / Electronics / Manufacturing, etc. + meet the language proficiency|
City University of Hong Kong Admission Process
Institute is popular globally among overseas students which results in applications coming from more than 70 countries for higher education in Hong Kong. Institute invites applications in the fall, winter, and summer sessions. The application process is online and completes in several steps. Applicants first visit the official portal to get the exact entry requirements and application date.
Application mode – Online
Application portal – Click here
Application fees – HK$450 (non-refundable)
Application Deadline – Deadlines are different for different programs so visit the official website for the same.
- Applicants first visit the official portal and create an account
- Log in to account and choose the field of study
- Start filling the application form by providing the genuine information
- Now upload the supporting documents
- Submit the application and pay the application fees via the given method
- You will receive an application acknowledgment on your registered email
- Now institute will process your form and announce the results
- You will receive an offer letter from the university if your form succeeds
- Now accepts the offer letter and pay the required amount to confirm the enrolment
- You should need to go for document verification if needed
- After the acceptance of the offer letter, the academic regulations and records office will contact you for further process
- Application form
- Acknowledgment of application fees
- Academic qualification certificates of the previous qualification
- Visa and passport
- Passport size photographs
- Transcripts of higher secondary qualification
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Master’s degree certificate
- Transcripts of English language test results
- Age proof
- SAT/ACT test scores
- Letter of recommendation
- Research proposal
- Resume/CV and work experience
- Medical and travel insurance
- Personal statement of purpose
- Other documents as per the program
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
Applicants must require to submit proof of English language proficiency to secure admission as the institute gives a huge priority to English language proficiency to prepare the merit list. Institute accepts multiple English test scores like IELTS, TOEFL IBT, SAT, ACT, etc. as proof of language proficiency. Remember that TOEFL and IELTS scores will not be older than 2 years.
|IELTS||6.5 or above|
City University of Hong Kong Cost of Attendance
As per the given data on the official website of the City University of Hong Kong the tuition fees per academic year will cost you around an average of HK$140,000. The cost of living in Hong Kong will be around HK$ 36,000, and accommodation will cost you around HK$ 15,400. All the expenses will change according to the academic year, and your lifestyle & facilities visit the official website for more information. Here is the data for the same
|Tuition fee||HK$ 140,000/per year|
|Accommodation||HK$ 15,400||HKD$ 45,000-55,000|
|Living cost including (meal, laundry, transport, etc.)||HK$ 36,000||HK$ 36,000|
City University of Hong Kong Financial Aid/Scholarship
Institute has partnerships with some organizations and authorities to offer students loan facilities and financial schemes to support students financially. Institute offers fewer amount of scholarship opportunities to international students. Here are some scholarships
- Postgraduate Studentship – this scholarship is applicable for all government-funded students. Students will receive HK$17,510 per month (~US$2,245) as financial aid on the basis of merit. This will continue till 4 years for Ph.D. and 2 years for M.Phil programs.
- Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarships – This scholarship is for international students to encourage them to undertake MPhil or Ph.D. studies. Students will be awarded HK$85,296 (~US$10,935) for the first year which covers Tuition and On-campus facility expense.
- Entrance Scholarships for Non-Local Students – this scholarship is given to students who are enrolled in government-funded degree programs on the basis of academic performance. The amount will be given to the student is HK$180,000 which covers tuition fees and accommodation expenses.
- HKSAR Government Scholarship & CityU Scholarship – this scholarship is awarded to best-performing students taking UGC-funded programs. The scholarship amount varies between HK$30,000 to HK$ 80,000 according to the level of the program.
City University of Hong Kong Alumni Network
Institute has a great network of notable alumni working all over the globe in more than 70 countries. Institute has various facilities for alumni like The CityU Alumni Giving Club, on/off-campus facilities, alumni ambassador program, mentoring programs, alumni associations, alumni awards, etc. Alumni regularly visit the campus for live sessions and talks to help students in the industry help, job placements, donations, etc. Here is the list of notable alumni of City University.
- Christine Loh – Legislator
- Kam Nai-wai – Former member of Legislative Council of Hong Kong
- Chet Lam – Songwriter
- Matthew Wong – Artist
- Fiona Sit – Singer
University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
University of Hong Kong (est.1911) is a public institute located in Pokfulam. The university houses around 30,629 students out of which 35% are international students coming from 38 countries to study in Hong Kong. HKU offers around 146 UG, PG and research programs along with online MOOC programs through its 10 faculties. The most demanding courses of the university by international students are in the subject area of Business and Engineering. Recognized under the top universities in Hong Kong and famous for doing exchange networking it has 374 exchange partners in around 45 countries.
Students can apply for their preferred course via the official website of the university after paying an application fee of HKD 450. Students from India need 90% at Grade 12 from AISSC to get enrolled into any UG degree program. For admissions in any master’s degree course at HKU, a UG or diploma degree along with 2 years of work experience is mandatory. The average tuition fee for international students at the University of Hong Kong is about HKD 170,000. A plethora of scholarships and financial aid to both national as well as international students are offered by the university. In the previous years, 6162 scholarships were awarded to both international and domestic students with an average amount of HKD 222,684
University of Hong Kong Rankings
As per top agencies, the University of Hong Kong is ranked:
- #22 by QS World University Rankings, 2022
- #39 by THE World University Rankings, 2022.
- #1 by QS and THE World University Rankings, overall in Hong Kong.
- #1 in the world’s most international university rankings by THE, 2021.
- #4 Best Asian Universities by QS and THE Asia University Rankings, 2021.
- #9 for Global Employability Rankings, 2020.
University of Hong Kong Campus
HKU is in Hong Kong, a city of innovators, with a diverse culture. The campus is quite famous among international students because of its location and vibrant atmosphere. It is seen to have high standards in terms of both academics and recreational activities.
- The campus has its connections in mainland China.
- Situated in a prime location, international students have infinite opportunities to start their own business in the country, and make valuable career connections.
- The Honk Kong university campus has state-of-the-art facilities, and learning spaces, one of the famous recreational facilities at HKU includes the centennial park.
- One can find an athletics stadium, Olympic-size swimming pool, softball diamond, driving range, and many other fitness services.
- There are also lecture theatres, experimental theatres, and learning pods.
- Over 50 clubs related to various activities are there for students to join.
University of Hong Kong Accommodations
The university offers on-campus accommodation to both international and domestic students. There are around 13 residential halls with double and single rooms from which the students can choose to reside. The facilities in the halls differ from each other as per costs.
- Some of the residential halls are namely Ricci Hall, University Hall, Chin Ling Terrace Residences, and others.
- The colleges which offer accommodation facilities to students are Chi Sun College, Shun Hin College, Lap Chi College, New College, and more.
- All the residence options and flats at the HKU are fully furnished and include beds, study tables, as well as wardrobes.
- The accommodations have additional facilities like gyms, housekeeping services, a swimming pool, 24-hour wifi access, and u lounge.
- Students can apply for all the accommodation options online, through the university website.
- A miscellaneous fee charge apart from the lodging as well as the meal plans are required to be paid.
University of Hong Kong Programs
The University of Hong Kong offers programs at graduate, postgraduate, professional, research, and certificate level. Most of the programs are also taught online in the form of MOOC programs, the offline programs, on the other hand, provide industrial exposure to students.
- HKU offers UG and PG programs through its 10 faculties namely Faculty of Architecture, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Business and Economics, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Law, and others.
- There are around 100 majors subjects available for UG students to choose from.
- Some of the most popular disciplines among international students are Business and Engineering.
- Students attending HKU also get the leverage of creating and customizing their own degrees by mixing different disciplines and elective areas.
Given below are some of the top programs at the University of Hong Kong, and their intake dates:
|Master of Business Administration||Rolling basis: November 20 December 31 February 26 March 31|
|Master of Finance||Rolling basis: October 19 December 14 June 15, 2021|
|Master of Computer Science||Mid-October April 19, 2022|
|PG Diploma in Landscape Architecture||March 1|
|Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies||August 21|
|Bachelor of Economics||August 21|
|Bachelor of Engineering Science||August 21|
University of Hong Kong University Admission Process
The admission process at the University of Hong Kong is quite easy and doable. To complete the admission process students need to submit an online application form along with the required documents.
The application can be filled through the official website of the university and international students are advised to apply a few months well in advance of the application deadline. The international application fee is approximately HKD 450 for both UG and PG programs. Students can submit their applications for up to 5 programs to study at HKU.
Given below are the steps required for international students to complete their application process:
- Step 1: Choose the program, and prepared for the application process (mandatory tests, documents needed, finances, etc.)
- Step 2: Create an application account, fill in the details, and register.
- Step 2: Complete the online application, and receive the confirmation email.
- Step 3: Submit the online application fee of HKD 450.
- Step 4: Upload supporting documents.
- Step 5: Check the application status.
General entry requirements for both UG and PG courses
- Completed application form
- Passport size photos
- Certified passport copy
- All academic transcripts from high school/ senior secondary levels and completion certificates
- UG or diploma degree with 2 years of work experience (PG applicants)
- Health examination form
- The score of test to study in Hong Kong TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE/ Cambridge C1 or C2/ CAEL.
- Other program-specific requirements.
Country Specific Requirements
International students coming from around the world seeking to get admission for UG degree the University of Hong Kong have some country-specific academic requirements to meet which are given below:
|India||90% at Grade 12 in AISSC|
|Sri Lanka||Sri Lankan GCE A-Level|
|Bangladesh||Bangladeshi HSC, with GPA – 5.0|
|Pakistan||85% or 935 out of 1100|
University of Hong Kong Admission Deadlines 2021
The admissions for most of the programs at the Hong Kong University take place on a rolling basis. For 2021 admissions, intakes will open from September 30. International students are required to apply few months well in advance to have a hassle-free process.
International Students Visa Application Process
Students need to apply for their Hong Kong student visa after receiving the offer letter from the Hong Kong University. The visa process in Hong Kong takes about 8-10 weeks. Students can keep checking their visa application status after submitting all the required documents mentioned below:
- Acceptance letter from the university
- A valid passport
- Scores of IELTS or TOEFL
- One passport-sized photograph
- Copy of I-Card/travel document (for international applicants currently staying in Hong Kong)
- Copy of scores on the highest public examination with certificates
- Consent letter authorizing the local sponsor, signed by both parents( for students below the age of 18 years)
- Proof of finances
- Award letter of any scholarships
- Proof of accommodation arrangement in Hong Kong
University of Hong Kong Cost of Attendance
International students must have sufficient funds to meet the expenses while studying abroad. The cost varies depending on the choice of the university or college one prefers along with the lifestyle. Below mentioned tables are the program fees of HKU and the estimated costs of living in Hong Kong.
Top courses and their tuition fees are tabulated below. It is to be noted that fees for international students are a bit higher than the domestic students, and are subject to change. The fees remain the same for all the intakes of a particular program.
|Programs||Fees (in HKD)|
|Master of Business Administration||171,000|
|Master of Finance||171,000|
|Master of Science (Computer Science)||85,500|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture||85,500|
|Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies||171,000|
|Bachelor of Economics||171,000|
|Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering Science||171,000|
|Bachelor of law||171,000|
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Hong Kong includes expenses that the students have to incur during the course of staying in Hongkong like food, accommodation, travel, and other miscellaneous expenses. An estimated cost of the same is shared below:
|Particulars||Fees (in HKD)|
|Off-campus accommodations||30,000-50,000 per year|
|Other expenses||50,000 per year|
|International application fee||450|
|International caution money||300|
University of Hong Kong Scholarships
International students looking for scholarships in Hong Kong can apply for the financial aid provided by the university itself based on academic excellence, merit, and need. In the previous year, a total number of 6162 scholarships were awarded to students with an average amount of HKD 222,684,499, to both international and domestic students.
Given below are the details of a few of the scholarships available for international students at the HKU:
|Barry Will Memorial Entrance Scholarship||Top applicants from BA (AS) program||HKD 42,100|
|Dean’s Award for Engineering Students||Faculty of Engineering Excellent academic results||HKD 20,000|
|HKU Foundation Scholarships for Students with Indian Board Examinations||Newly admitted students Indian Board UG degree||Up to full tuition fees plus allowances|
Apart from the above-mentioned scholarships, students can also apply for external scholarships like:
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
- Axol Science Scholarship
- Outstanding Athletes Entrance Scholarship for Non-Local Students
- Regulations Governing Research Tuition Scholarship
University of Hong Kong Alumni
The university has a huge network of alumni around the globe. HKU periodically conducts events, workshops with them through the alumni community. The community is closely knit and the university offers various benefits.
Notable alumni of HKU are:
- Luk Kam-biu, Visiting Professor in Science and Technology and alumnus of HKU’s Department of Physics
- Dr. Yufeng Wang, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Dr. Sun Yat-sen, founder of the Republic of China
University of Hong Kong Placements
Hong Kong University has been ranked at no. 4 in the world in the graduate employment rate indicator under the QS Graduate Employability Rankings and is quite famous for providing its students with job opportunities in Hong Kong and around the globe. The students are also provided assistance and training from the university in terms of mock interviews, career planning workshops, resume building, and other resources, through their placement services. HKU has also been ranked as the #1 most employable university graduates in Hong Kong.
Given below are the average alumni salaries based on the courses students are applying:
|Degrees||Average Salary (in HKD)|
|Masters in Management||116,000|
|Masters in Finance||92,000|
Hong Kong University is considered to be a global university and is ranked by major prestigious ranking agencies around the globe. The international students at HKU come from more than 50 countries, as Hong Kong offers them a plethora of opportunities. Indian students are also offered various specific scholarships at HKU, but they should keep in mind that their academic scores should be top-notch. The employability rate at the HKU has been constant at a 100% for 10 years, and HKU also has some prominent recruiters under its roof, including some famous multi nation companies. International students studying at HKU have a monthly expense of more than 50,000 HKD excluding the tuition fees.