Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Norway is well-known for its natural beauty, fjords, and mountains. It is situated in Northern Europe, the western portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula. It shares its land border with three countries which are Sweden, Russia, and Finland. It has a population of about 5 million & it is the second least densely populated country in Europe. It has warmer temperatures whereas summer temperatures of around 15 to 20 degrees Celsius and winter temperatures mostly above zero degree Celsius (+32 F).
Why Study MBBS in Norway
MBBS in Norway for Indian Students is the best option because of the following reasons:
- Travel to the Norway is much easier and even economical than traveling to other countries.
- A medical program provided by the Norway to their students is recognized worldwide.
- The language of coaching in Norway is also English.
- The students who have cleared MBBS in Norway can also practice in India.
- A unified problem-based learning approach offers better exposure to future medical practitioners.
- Advanced teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with the well-established infrastructure
- Norway is extremely safe for Indian students and the environment is also safe.
- There is no donation or capitation fee required in these Norway universities/colleges.
- Norway MBBS Colleges/universities provide the best education at affordable fees.
- The cost of living is quite favorable for Indian students as there are excellent boarding and lodging provided by the university with the availability of Indian food for the students.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Norway for Indian Students 2021 – 2022
Norway is the best place for Indian students to study MBBS because of the following benefits:
- It is easy to get admission to MBBS in Norway because of the simple procedure for Indian students.
- After completing MBBS in Norway, students will get the best placement in India as well.
- Norway is safe for Indian students and they get everything for their survival.
- The students can fulfill their dream of studying MBBS in Norway with the minimum expense.
- The local language of Norway is Norwegian but the whole MBBS course is conducted in the English language.
- Modern teaching techniques with outstanding facilities equipped with the well-established infrastructure
- There is no requirement of any entrance exam, and donation, & capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Norway.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Norway
The eligibility criteria of the students who want to pursue MBBS in Norway are as follows:
- The students should have science in their 12th standard and should have an aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and Biology.
- The students should be at least 17 years of age to take admission to Norway Medical College/ Universities.
- The students should also qualify for the NEET exam with passing marks to apply for MBBS in Norway .
- The students should have English subject in their higher secondary.
- The students must not be more than 25 years of age.
Top Universities to Study MBBS in Norway
- University of Oslo.
- University of Bergen.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- University of Tromsø
- Norwegian School of Sport Sciences.
- Oslo & Akershus University College.
Requirements for MBBS Admission in Norway 2021 – 2022
The necessary documents for taking MBBS Admission in Norway are the following:
- A complete filled application form with all accurate details.
- Original and photocopies of Passport.
- Birth certificates and other mandatory certificates must be submitted to the concerned authority.
- Passport size (3cmX4cm) photographs.
- Original and a photocopy of mark sheets of both 10th & 12th standard
- A scorecard of NEFT (if required)
- Transfer certificate from the previous school
- Leaving certificate from the concerned school
- A certificate of code of conduct must be submitted
- The bank copy of guardians must be submitted which indicates that they have sufficient funds to pay the fees to Norway Medical College.
- A medical checkup certificate is also essential
MBBS Fees in Norway 2021 – 2022
The fees structure for the Indian students studying MBBS in Norway will range anywhere around 4200 Euros per year.
MBBS in Norway Advice for Indian Students
The following are the advices for the Indian students in Norway:
- The students should always be cautious of their surroundings.
- The Indian Students are advised to apply in the Norway Medical College within the time
- They must avoid the company of dangerous people.
- They should not stay outside late in the night.
Pros and Cons of Studying MBBS in Norway
Every country has its pros and cons that can benefit as well as effect Indian students who seek admission to Norway Medical Colleges/universities. But Norway has more benefits as compared to other countries with very fewer cons:
The Indian students will get to experience the knowledge and the understanding of different cultures and traditions followed by the people of Norway. Norway Medical Universities/colleges provide hostels to the Indian students for accommodation with Indian food.
The climate conditions in Norway often become problematic for some students to adjust well. The local language in Norway is Norwegian so the students might feel the language as a barrier outside the university campus. But the coaching in Norway Medical College or Universities is conducted in English.
VISA Procedure for MBBS in Norway
The students need to fill up the online application form with the right details all the required documents. The students then will receive offer letter from the university that they have applied to study MBBS in Norway. They need to pay the MBBS in Norway fees and then they have to apply for the visa and once they receive the student VISA card, they can book the tickets!
FAQ’s to Study MBBS in Norway
Which university is the best options to study MBBS in Norway for Indian Students?Is an MBBS in Norway a Good Option?
Norway is one of the best options to study MBBS. MBBS in Norway fee is affordable as compared to other countries.How it is beneficial to study MBBS in Norway for Indian students?Can a medical student study MBBS in Norway at affordable fee structure?What are the admission requirements for an MBBS in Norway?What is the NEET minimum marks to join an MBBS in Norway 2021 – 2022?