Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Is a Master’s Degree in Leadership and Organizational Development the right program for me? If you want to learn leadership skills and how to improve your organization, a master’s degree could be the perfect choice.
A lot of people are going to be seeking out leadership and management degrees, a master’s degree in leadership and organizational development will probably be among them. Aside from the fact that an MBA is extremely broad, an MBA that specializes in leadership or business management is also very broad. This is why most people are only going to receive about 4-6 specialization classes (at best), whereas a masters program can either allow you to really focus on 1-2 main areas or have a wider scope and give you 5-6 general management courses.
Collegelearners is replete with top-notch information on masters in organizational leadership vs MBA, best organizational leadership masters programs, masters in organizational leadership salary, masters in organizational leadership Texas, and so much more. Take out time to surf through our catalog for more information o similar topics.
best organizational leadership masters programs
Our master’s in leadership online program includes an embedded Graduate-Level Certificate in Leadership that you will earn after completing your first four courses. You can also choose from five specializations to tailor your studies to your personal passions and interests.
A master’s degree in leadership prepares students to manage and motivate others and find innovative answers to novel problems and challenges.
Evaluate your leadership style as you develop the problem-solving and management skills to build effective teams and organizations.
Gain critical skills executives need to be a successful leader, including how to plan for and use budgets and resources.
Integrated Communication Skills for Leaders
Explore how to use data and information to strengthen your position and communicate your vision to stakeholders.
Discover how to improve organizational capacity through the use of communication, knowledge management, training, and development.
Customize your studies by choosing nine credits from any of the MS in Leadership specialization courses.
We design our programmes and courses to be as flexible and innovative as possible—without sacrificing quality. We deliver specialist expertise and innovative learning materials as well as focusing on excellent student services and professional advice. Our programmes are characterised by the effective transfer of subject-specific knowledge and soft skills in order to prepare graduates for the international business world. Our distance learning materials allow you to gain an accredited degree from wherever you are and work around your job or personal commitments.
leadership and organizational development degree
- #1 University in Europe: Join Europe’s largest private university with more than 70,000 students
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: We offer outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All our degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS (www.topuniversities.com)
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: We focus on practical training and an international outlook which gives IU graduates a decisive advantage: 94% of our graduates have a job within six months of graduation and, after an average of two years on the job, 80% move into management. Plus, we work closely with big companies such as Lufthansa, Sixt, and EY to give you great opportunities and insights.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, we offer scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 80%.
Your door to the business world
In Engineering Management, you will deal with the areas of business administration, management, and leadership in scientifically and practically oriented modules. You will acquire important management know-how and your analytical thinking will be trained. You are familiar with the “Internet of Things” and are able to distinguish between the different areas of activity. You will develop a sound understanding of both general and engineering-related tasks in project management and become familiar with the basic concepts and processes of product development.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Master of Arts (MA)
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)*
*earliest start date: December 1st, 2020; minimum number of participants required
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 12 months
Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
The Master with a specialism in Engineering Management will prepare you for a career in the field of global financial markets and related areas.
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will develop skills in preparing and carrying out fiscal decisions on the international capital market.
- You will learn to work with financing options on international capital markets as well as accounting in compliance with international standards.
- You will obtain in-depth knowledge in the area of investment analysis and portfolio management to improve the fiscal performance of the business.
|1st semester||2nd semester|
|Managing in a Global EconomyStrategic ManagementManufacturing Methods Industry 4.0 and Internet of ThingsAdvanced Research MethodsOperations and Information Management||Product Development and Design ThinkingSeminar: Managing People and OrganisationsMaster Thesis & Colloquium|
organizational leadership masters degree online eligibility
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution (240 ECTS).
- If you have less than 240 ECTS on your university degree, begin your studies after having passed our admission test TASC.
- A final grade of at least “Satisfactory” or grade C (as commonly used in the U.S and Canada).
- At least one year of work experience before the start of the IU Master programme (achieved after previous studies).
- Proof of English skills.
- If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
Just like German engineers themselves, German study programmes in engineering also enjoy a great reputation worldwide. As an Engineer Manager, you would understand high-level technical problems and be able to solve these problems using your knowledge of business management. That’s why Engineer Managers are in high demand at the interface between technology and management. After your Master’s, you will have excellent career prospects. You’ll thrive anywhere that requires interdisciplinary and extensive knowledge in the field of technology and business.
Explore your options
The huge corporate demand for globally-oriented executives and IU’s excellent reputation in academia and industry gives IU graduates huge leverage for a successful career, whether in their country of origin, in Germany or one of 25 Schengen countries covered by a post-study work permit.