Last Updated on August 28, 2023
The master of science in translational pharmacology has been highly in demand recently. Have you seen this?
In this article, we discuss master of science in translational pharmacology, master of science in pharmacology, master in clinical pharmacology, masters in pharmacology, masters in pharmacology online, masters in translational pharmacology, and masters in clinical pharmacology. You will also find more up-to-date information on a Master of Science in Translational Pharmacology on infolearners.
This Clinical Pharmacology degree programme offers focused training integrating basic and clinical sciences and equips students with the essential skills required to function effectively as clinical pharmacologists in the 21st century.
As a student on the MSc Clinical Pharmacology programme, you will acquire core skills, enabling an appreciation of how to apply clinical pharmacological, regulatory, and ethical principles to the optimization of therapeutic practice and clinical research. Crucially, in addition to a firm grasp of the principles of molecular pharmacology, you will also gain foundational knowledge in the emerging science of pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine.
Why this programme
- This Clinical Pharmacology MSc is one of only a few UK postgraduate programmes that cover clinical pharmacology in sufficient detail to allow you to make an informed choice about pursuing clinical pharmacology as a career.
- Learn the basics of molecular genetics and population genetics as applied to pharmacogenetics and gene therapy.
- Gain hands-on experience in molecular methods and analysis along with critical interpretation of genomic literature, enabling you to analyze, synthesize, and formulate an action plan for personalized patient care.
- Engage in, and contribute to, discussions about therapeutic issues in the commercial and academic research environments.
- Undertake your own research project under expert supervision, allowing you to consolidate your knowledge and apply the skills you have acquired.
- Beneficiate from the close involvement of clinical academics and visiting lecturers from the pharmaceutical industry and national drug regulatory bodies.
- The programme is specifically designed to prepare you for future senior roles within pharmaceutical medicine.
- Guest lecturers have recently included staff from Pfizer, Servier, Johnson & Johnson and the Scottish Medicines Consortium.
You will attend lectures, seminars and tutorials and take part in lab, project and team work.
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Drug Disposition
- Pharmaceutical Medicine
- Topics in Therapeutics: General Topics and Cardiovascular Drugs
- Topics in Therapeutics: Commonly Used Drugs
- Medical Statistics 1
- Medical Statistics 2
- Pharmacogenomics & Molecular Medicine: Fundamentals of Molecular Medicine
- Pharmacogenomics & Molecular Medicine: Applied Pharmacogenomics & Molecular Medicine
In addition you will undertake a dissertation/project.