To be sure, getting the right information online doesn’t come easy. However, the article below brings you the best and latest information on health economics masters programs, health economics masters ranking.
On infolearners, you will also discover up to date, related articles on health economics masters online, health economics distance learning.
I would recommend you save time and effort by visiting our website as soon as possible.
Health Economics Masters Ranking
Health Economics is an applied field of study that allows for the systematic and rigorous examination of the problems faced in promoting health for all. By applying economic theories of consumer, producer and social choice, health economics aims to understand the behavior of individuals, health care providers, public and private organizations, and governments in decision-making.
The Master of Health Science (MHS) in Global Health Economics is a 9-month academic program that teaches students how to use economic tools to help solve pressing global health problems.
With increasing globalization, there is a growing need for health economists who can translate research into policy and directly inform governments and organizations on the best course of action. Through this degree program, students will learn how health economic principles are used to address global issues such as migration, displaced persons, climate change and pandemics. They’ll also learn how health economics can be used to promote healthy lifestyles, positive health outcomes, and equitable access to care.
Using applied health cases from around the world, students will learn how to conduct economic evaluations of health programs and how to evaluate the impact of social problems on the health of a community or population. They will also gain a solid understanding of how to influence behavior through the use of economic incentives.
The MHS in Global Health Economics is offered by the Department of International Health. Students will have the opportunity to conduct research in health economics and design health policies in relation to a variety of global health issues, such as:
- Maternal and neonatal care
- Humanitarian conflicts and natural disasters
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes, obesity and hypertension
- Poverty and access to health care
- Injury and trauma prevention
- Pharmaceuticals and access to drugs
- Globalization trends and its impacts on global burden of disease and health behavior
OHE-City M.Sc. Fellowships in Health Economics
The Office of Health Economics wants to increase capacity of highly skilled economists specialised in health economics research by funding 2 part time students per year to do the M.Sc. in Health Economics or a M.Sc. in Economic Evaluation in Healthcare, part time, at the Department of Economics at City , University of London.
OHE will pay the corresponding part time fees and a stipend to the student of £ 1,500 per month for 2 years.
- Selection will be based on merit. To be able to be considered, the applicant needs to have been accepted on to an M.Sc. Programme and send a statement of purpose and why the applicant wants to apply to mjofre [email protected]
- All OHE fellows will attend all OHE Masterclasses and OHE Lunchtime Seminars, OHE Annual Lectures and all other OHE research activities,
- Students that are awarded the OHE fellowship will have as a co supervisor of their MSc dissertations one of OHE staff with a City affiliation.
- OHE will host the OHE fellows 3 days per week and involve them in topics related to their MSc studies or non confidential small tasks for projects.
- OHE fellows will have a contract with OHE for the duration of the fellowship and the obligation to work for OHE during a full year after graduation
- Note that the OHE fellow will have to agree that, in case of early withdrawal from the MSc course, half of the fees and stipend received will be reimbursed to OHE. OHE does not commit to keep in employment OHE M.Sc. Fellows beyond one year after the end of the scheme.
For the Masters you will need to take 100 credits of taught modules.
You’ll study three core modules:
- Evaluation of Health Care (20 credits)
- Health Economics (20 credits)
- Clinical Decision Analysis (10 credits)
Choose one set from these choices:
- Econometrics 1 (10 credits) and Applied Microeconometrics (10 credits)
- Statistics and Econometrics (20 credits)
- Econometrics 1 & 2 (20 credits)
- Econometric Methods for Research (20 credits)
Choose one set from these choices:
- Advanced Microeconomics (20 credits)
- Applied Microeconomics 1 (10 credits) and Applied Microeconomics 2 (10 credits)
In addition, you can choose one 10 credit option from:
- Evaluation of Health Policy (10 credits)
- Health and Development (10 credits)
- Public Sector Economics: Microeconomic Applications (10 credit)
- Public Finance (10 credits)
- Design and Analysis of Mechanisms and Institutions (10 credits)
- Advanced Macroeconomics (10 credits)
- Applied Microeconometrics (10 credits)
- International Macroeconomics (10 credits)
- Management Decision Analysis (10 credits)
This program is ideal for those who wish to work domestically or internationally on global health issues. Graduates of the degree program have the opportunity to travel and work for major global organizations, and they conduct international work in health economics, both in low- and middle-income countries and developed nations.
MSC Health Economics Scholarships
The Master in is a two-year academic program. It delivers a comprehensive graduate education for those interested in working in the health sector and related fields. It provides high-quality training in all aspects of health and health care economics. Courses are taught in English and German. The “GÖMIG” Master’s degree equips students with strong analytical skills in the areas of health economics and health care management. In addition, they can choose elective courses and seminars according to their own interests and experiences. In this way they gain advanced skills in focused areas of the health care sectors.
• Health Economics
• Health Care Management
• Social Insurance and Taxation
• Statistics and Econometrics
• Accounting and Controlling
Career Opportunities Graduates with the GÖMIG Master’s degree are: • managers in pharmaceutical companies, health departments, private health facilities or government and development agencies, • analysts in public and private sectors • consultants in health insurance companies and in areas related to health policy. Other possible career developments include: • doctoral studies leading to positions in science and research, for instance in government departments, universities, national and international health care organizations.
In order to be admitted to the selection procedure, applicants must hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree with at least 48 credits (ECTS) earned in economic areas.
They must provide:
• Certified copies of Abitur or secondary school diploma (or equivalent document qualifying for university entrance) and undergraduate/bachelor’s degree stating exams and grades achieved,
• Certificate of German proficiency if required.
- Applicants with a German degree or EU/EFTA nationality:
- Applicants with a foreign degree and non-EU/non-EFTA nationality: The application process is handled by the International Office.
- EU: EUR 2.143
- Non-EU: 15.200
Research master programs
- EU: 2.143
- Non-EU: 12.000 – 15.800
Studying in a foreign country can be very expensive. Fortunately, the Dutch government subsidizes higher education which leads to lower tuition fees for students with a nationality from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA). In recent years, more and more students from outside the EEA have decided to study in the Netherlands, resulting in a growing demand for academic scholarships. Below you can find the few scholarships that might be applicable to you.
This programme is developed for excellent Chinese students who would like to study in the Netherlands. Please visit China CSC and Nuffic for more information about requirements and the value of the grant.
Erasmus Education Fund
Every academic year, the Erasmus Education Fund (EEF) supports several students with a scholarship of 3000 euro’s per year. The EEF is only for excellent students who need provable financial support. Students may apply by following the application procedure for the EEF.
Erasmus School of Economics Student Waiver for excellent students from non-EEA countries
The Erasmus School of Economics has created a separate fund to support excellent students. The maximum award of the waiver consists of a tuition fee waiver for the year 2016-2017. Resulting in a tuition fee equal to the statutory fee. Current or prospective students who are awarded this waiver will therefore not themselves directly receive a sum of money.
Holland Scholarship Erasmus University
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in Holland. The scholarship amounts to €5,000.
This scholarship is for American citizens who would like to study in the Netherlands. When you are granted this scholarship you can receive 1050 euro for nine months from which you can cover tuition fee, living costs and housing. For more information about this scholarship, please visit the website of Fullbright.
StuNed is a program for mid-career professionals from Indonesia willing to study in the Netherlands. There are different requirements for students who would like to obtain a Master’s degree or just follow courses for a short period.
This programme is also designed for mid-career professionals who would like to extend their experience with studying in the Netherlands. Please carefully read the requirements and the application procedure of the NFP program.
Students from Latin America can search for available scholarships at Fundacionbeca. An institution providing scholarships for Latin American students who would like to study abroad.
For students from Chile, you can have a look at the website of Becas Chile for available scholarships for Chilean students who would like to study in the Netherlands.