Last Updated on December 24, 2022
One of the best perks of studying abroad is that you can get a degree from one of the best schools in Canada. Many people are unaware of this option and end up not taking advantage of it. Studying in Canada is not as expensive as studying in other countries, but you must be aware of what you need to do first.
Here at collegelearner website, you will get updated information on the Overview of Master Degree In Canada, Requirements of Master Degree In Canada, Ranking of Master Degree In Canada, and the review of Master Degree In Canada.
Overview of Master Degree In Canada
If you are a Canadian resident, the first thing that pops up in mind when you think of a Master degree is simply the University of Toronto. The University has been recognized by any standards as one of the best schools in Canada as well as internationally. It has also made an amazing track record which saw it being nicknamed as Hogwarts of the North because of its fame
Study in Canada
While you obsessively stare at pictures of Justin Trudeau (don’t deny it!), you may as well see whether Canada is actually a place you can study abroad in. The Great White North and the super friendly upstairs neighbors to the U.S., Canada is known for its maple syrup, the Niagara Falls, and their excellent ice hockey teams.
Studying in Canada has become an appealing option for international students. Not only is it one of the safest places to go to in the world; Canada (and particularly major cities like Toronto and Vancouver) also has a wealth of cultural diversity that is truly inviting to foreign students from everywhere in the world.
Why Study in Canada
1. Canada takes education seriously
Did you know that Canada is the world’s most educated country? In fact, over half of its residents have university degrees. It must be pretty interesting to be a student there, eh?
2. Canadian universities are among the best education institutions
Some of the top international universities and colleges are located in Canada, and students from all over the world have come to join the biggest names in their field.
Experts in Journalism, Politics, Medicine, and Technology got their start at universities like the University of Toronto and McGill University; and you’ll have the chance to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the world.
3. Flexibility through education variety
Canada offers an interesting variety of higher education institutions: universities, colleges, polytechnics, and cégeps (vocational schools). Depending on the goals you have, or what you’re looking for, you may want to select the institutional model that fits your needs.
4. Highly regarded diplomas
Canadian college and university graduates are highly-valued on the job market, and people who study there have been able to find great jobs in any field they’re interested in.
5. Canadian culture embraces diversity
No matter who you are, where you come from, or what you want to study, Canadians are ready to welcome you warmly. The North American country invests a lot of effort to ensure international students are safe, treated fairly, and happy to take part in the Canadian education and lifestyle.
Which universities and colleges to attend in Canada
If you were to see all of the top university rankings lists, you’d see a strong presence of Canadian universities in all of the top 100 lists. Below we’ll run through some of our favorite highlights:
- University of Toronto
- York University
- University of Winnipeg
- Thompson Rivers University
- Humber College
What subject to study in Canada?
- Agriculture & Forestry54 Masters
- Applied Sciences & Professions93 Masters
- Arts, Design & Architecture227 Masters
- Business & Management506 Masters
- Computer Science & IT205 Masters
- Education & Training242 Masters
- Engineering & Technology327 Masters
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences226 Masters
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports61 Masters
- Humanities348 Masters
- Journalism & Media71 Masters
- Law63 Masters
- Medicine & Health423 Masters
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics430 Masters
- Social Sciences589 Masters
What to study in Canada
In Canada, you’ll enter a giant buffet of subjects to select from. Universities in every major city in all of the provinces offer degrees in a wide range of Master’s and Bachelor’s degree subjects – from Art History to Neuroscience, to Accounting and Software Engineering. To narrow down this panoply, here are some that you can consider:
- Economics degrees in Canada
- History degrees in Canada
- Finance degrees in Canada
- Pharmacy degrees in Canada
- Engineering degrees in Canada
Major cities in Canada
Although Canada is a huge country, geographically speaking, most of its inhabitants live toward the southernmost region of the country. Some of the biggest cities in the country are also home to major universities and institutions:
- Study in Montréal
- Study in Québec City
- Study in Toronto
- Study in Vancouver
How to apply
Each university in Canada has its own system on their website that allows future students to apply for and enrol in their degree programmes. So, once you select the university of your choice, you can go through their application and submit your materials there.
Here are some of the basic requirements you’ll need for every application:
- A scan of your diploma (high school or Bachelor’s degree)
- A transcript/record of your previous courses
- A scan of your passport
- Your CV
- Testing scores
- Evidence of scholarship or funding
- Letters of recommendation (between 2-3)
- Portfolio and/or writing samples
Cheap Masters Degree In Canada
U.S. News lists the top Canadian universities as University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, McMaster University and University of Montreal. These universities are all recognized internationally as excellent global schools and still offer much more affordable tuition rates than their international counterparts.
University of Montreal
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $13,048 – $16,990
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,372
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $16,815 – $45,263
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,816
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $20,808 – $27,978
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,761 – $17,096
University of British Columbia
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $25,978 – $36,588
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $8,605
University of Toronto
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $42,870 – $49,800
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $6,900 – $22,640
Cheap Bachelor Degrees in Canada
If you’re looking for the most affordable options Canada has to offer, look no further.
1. University of the People
- Location: Online
- Tuition: Tuition-Free
- Degree Programs: Associate, Bachelor, Master (Business Administration, Education, Computer Science and Health Science)
UoPeople is a US accredited online university, meaning you can study anywhere and anytime! The application process is simple and the rewards of degree completion are definitely worthwhile.
2. Brandon University
- Location: Brandon, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,203
- Degree Programs: BA, BBA, BEd, BFA, BM, BN, BSc
International students at Brandon U are invited to apply with the university’s international application process. Brandon University claims to have a long and positive relationship with international students and offers one-to-one professor interactions and research opportunities not available at larger universities.
3. Université de Saint-Boniface
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,482
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees in Arts, Social Work, Translation, Science, Nursing, Business and Education. Students may continue studies towards a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba
International students at Saint-Boniface must expect to be able to speak a certain level of French as this is a French university. Some programs also require a level of English proficiency as well.
4. University of Guelph
- Location: Guelph, Ontario
- Tuition: $9,730
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees from 5 Colleges (Arts, Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Engineering & Physical Sciences, Social & Applied Human Sciences)
International students at Guelph will receive special assistance at the university with visa applications, English language study, housing, and have access to an advisor specifically for international students.
5. Canadian Mennonite University
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $10,003
- Degree Programs: Three- and four-year BA, BSc, BBA, and Master’s Programs
International students at CMU are welcomed and encouraged to apply due to their undoubtedly wide variety of experiences and perspectives that they may bring. International students may choose from over 19 majors for bachelor’s studies.
6. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $11,460
- Degree Programs: More than 100 programs for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Certificates
International students at MUN: Memorial University warmly welcomes and encourages international applications. The university offers specialized services for international students such as student advising, an internationalization office, and international student groups.
Cheap Master Degrees in Canada
1. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $3,222
- Degree Programs: Large variety of Master’s and Doctorate programs both in person and online, in fields of Humanities & Social Sciences, Professional Programs, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Sciences
2. University of Northern British Columbia
- Location: Prince George, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,297
- Degree Programs: MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs
3. University of Calgary
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Tuition: $3,693
- Degree Programs: Offers course-based and research-based Master’s and Doctorate degrees in a variety of subjects
4. Simon Fraser University
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,743
- Degree Programs: Variety of graduate programs in Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science
5. University of Saskatchewan
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Tuition: $4,358
- Degree Programs: Over 80 Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Specializing in research and medical fields