Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Macquarie University works hard to get ahead of the pack with a world-class research program as well as a high number of international students, making it equal first in Australia for international student experience. Macquarie is also first in the world for research and development investment, coming top in the Australian Council for Educational Research rankings of Australian universities and ranking fifth among Australasian universities in the Times Higher Education-QS World Rankings.
Explore more information on macquarie university qs ranking 2022, macquarie university qs ranking 2021, macquarie university ranking 2020, macquarie university business school ranking, macquarie university fees, macquarie university acceptance rate, university of sydney ranking, macquarie university courses on Collegelearners
Macquarie University Qs Ranking
Macquarie University has secured a spot in the world’s top 200 universities in the latest QS World University Rankings released today. Macquarie climbed 14 places in the past year to be ranked 200th, strengthening the University’s position in the top one percent of institutions worldwide.
QS assesses more than 3700 institutions globally on research, teaching, employability and international outlook, and this year published the standings of the top 1300 universities worldwide.
Macquarie University’s rise in this year’s rankings has been driven by growth in the impact of its research, as well as its reputation among academic colleagues and employers’ high regard for its graduates.
Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Engagement says the latest rankings announcement reflects the university’s commitment to its research and teaching mission during the challenges of the past year.
“Macquarie University has attained its best QS ranking in over a decade and has risen 50 spots in the last four years. Underpinning this achievement is our strong focus on our students’ success, impactful research, and deep partnerships locally and globally.
“We are proud of our academic and professional staff who have continued to deliver an outstanding experience for our students, preparing them for the future, while advancing research and innovation to solve some of the greatest challenges of our time.”
Today’s rankings are the 18th edition of the QS World University Rankings. Earlier this year the QS 2021 Subject Rankings placed 14 of Macquarie University’s subjects in the top 150 globally.
The world is a big place. Its challenges are many and they are often complex. But for every challenge there is a solution, growing in somebody’s mind.
Macquarie University was founded with a distinct purpose: to bring pioneering minds together and free them from traditional boundaries. To invite perspectives that had previously gone unheard. And together, boldly imagine new ways of thinking.
With an enviable reputation for research excellence and a driving desire to produce solutions with real-world impact, our discoveries are paving the way to a brighter future.
PhD and research degrees
A research degree is a postgraduate degree completed by research alone and leads to either a Master or Doctoral degree award. The work involved is largely undertaken independently and the study is supervised by at least two supervisors
Macquarie University is investing in developing top researchers and we invite you to join us as we lift research training in Australia….
Explore research degrees
A research degree is a postgraduate degree completed by research alone and leads to either a Master or Doctoral degree award. The work involved i…
Areas of research
Macquarie University’s researchers address many of the really big, important questions facing the world and do so with enthusiasm and excellence …
Cotutelle and international opportunities
Spread your wings internationally and gain a research experience like no other. Macquarie’s global perspective is at the heart of everything we d…
Find a supervisor
Before students are accepted and enrolled as higher degree by research (HDR) candidates, it is essential prospective candidates and their potenti…
Fees and costs
Fees and costs vary depending on whether you are a domestic or international student…
Macquarie University Scholarships
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship (Bachelor’s)
University Research Analyst
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship (Bachelor’s)
- Applicable forMacquarie University in Australia
- Max scholarship per studentRs 4,92,600/-
- No. of students to be awardedVaries
- Course LevelBachelors
- Intake yearSep 2020
- Type of scholarshipsMerit
- This scholarship is not currently offered by the university
- The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus
- It has been designed to recognize academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students
Applicable course, university and country
This scholarship is applicable for Bachelors Degree
This scholarship is applicable for the following courses in Macquarie University in Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering with (honours) in Software EngineeringBachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electronics EngineeringBachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Business AdministrationBachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Applied FinanceBachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Philosophy
- Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies
Scholarship amount details
Max scholarship per student: AUD 10,000 => Rs 4,92,600
Conversion rate used: 1 AUD = Rs. 56.51 (last updated 14th June 2021)
Scholarship amount will be given: One Time
Scholarship amount can be used for
|Type of Expense||Indicates if scholarship can be used for this type of expense|
|Tuition & Fees||✔Scholarship amount can be used for this|
|Living Expense||×Not covered in scholarship|
|Accommodation||×Not covered in scholarship|
|Air Fare/Travel Expenses||×Not covered in scholarship|
|Spouse/Child Care||×Not covered in scholarship|
|Health Cover||×Not covered in scholarship|
|Application||×Not covered in scholarship|
|Others||×Not covered in scholarship|
- The amount is varied up to AUD$10,000 and it will be applied towards tuition fee
Number of students to be awarded: Varies
- No Special Restriction applicable
|Exam name||Indicates if exam is required and cutoff (if any)|
|TOEFL||Required (minimum score 83)|
|IELTS||Required (minimum score 6.5)|
|PTE||Required (minimum score 58)|
- Applicant must have passed class 12th
- Prerequisite: Maths, Physics
- TOEFL: Minimum of 12 in listening,13 in reading and 18 in speaking and 21 in writing
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0 in each band
- PTE: Minimum of 50 in each sub-section
- Minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications is required
- Bachelor of information technology prerequisite: Maths, Software design, and development
- Business Courses prerequisite: Mathematics
Preference will be given to following candidates:
- Priority areas: Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education
Eligible student nationality
This scholarship is applicable for students from India +237 more
macquarie university qs ranking 2022
#192 in the world
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 lists the best global universities based on 13 core performance indicators including, teaching (30%), research (30%), research citations (30%), international outlook and industry income (2.5%).